Your Email Address:

First Name:

Oil Pulling!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
freedom4unow
Total Newbie

Oil Pulling!

Post by freedom4unow »

Hi everyone, first of all I want to empathise with everyone because I know what you are going through. I believe the modern day we live in and all the chemical laden products have interfered with our bodies natural healing rythms. The closer we can get to nature and using natural products the better. You may wonder..why oh why are so many people healthy and vibrant not suffering like me? Let me suggest a spiritual reason. Those who are surrendered to God and His son Jesus will have the Holy Spirit working in their life to alert them to healing wisdom. I am speaking from experience here. Bad breath is a demeaning and humiliating affliction. It is not just 'poor hygene' as some might like to label it. I believe it can be a combination of factors- which include stress, depression, diet etc.

I use a natural toothpaste, but this has not been the remedy.

I started using an ancient method of detoxifying the mouth called ''oil pulling''. This is simply taking a tablespoon of sunflower oil, gargling in your mouth and pulling it through your teeth for about 20 minutes. This is something when you have tried you will understand the results for yourself.

Following this you must spit all the oil out of your mouth but dont panic if you swallow some by accident because your natural digestive system will excrete it.

There is plenty of information on the internet about it. A good website is www.oilpulling.com and www.oilpulling.org

What is powerful about this is that normal water cannot be 'pulled' through your teeth. People use floss but how effective is that really? The oil is able to glide in between your teeth and detoxify your mouth from so much bacteria.It is the bacteria in your mouth which causes all kinds of foul odors, fecal breath and others smells.

I hope this is a blessing and look forward to hearing feedback.

When I first began the oil pulling method I was not sure how to swish it
around correctly in my mouth or even how to get it to pull through between my teeth, but I pray you will be encouraged to try this and after a while, or even a few attempts you should be able to get the hang of it.

Something else I recommend is essential oils for relaxation and improvement of mood. Lets gets our mind focsued on good smells that can uplift us!

Much love and blessings and support to you all

Please feel more than welcome to private message me

bblady

Post by bblady »

I oil pulled with extra virgin coconut oil for about 2 months. In the beginning, I thought I was seeing some positive changes in my mouth because my gums seemed more moist and in better condition overall. I never saw any change in my breath. While doing the routine, I also maintained good toothbrushing, flossing and gargling with mouthwash habits. I suffer from dry mouth and am prone to plaque buildup because of it. Well, after my latest trip to the dentist, I discovered there was no change in how much plaque I had on my teeth. The moist feeling I had on my gums was only temporary. So, basically, I was no better off after the oil pulling and decided to stop after that dentist appointment. Oil pulling turned out to be nothing more than a huge waste of time and effort.
freedom4unow
Total Newbie

Post by freedom4unow »

Do you smoke or drink? How is your diet? Do you suffer alot of stress?
bblady

Post by bblady »

freedom4unow wrote:Do you smoke or drink? How is your diet? Do you suffer alot of stress?
I don't drink or smoke. I eat a balaned diet. Yes, I do lead a high stressed lifestyle, but I had bad breath before the stress came along. Regardless, there has been no scientific evidence to support the many claims I've read about oil pulling. Oil pulling at best will massage the teeth and gums, but you could get the same benefits by swishing milk, mouthwash, baking soda, plain old water, etc. Look, oil pulling did nothing for me. It does not work, and you cannot convince me otherwise. I tried it. Done. I've moved on.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic