Page 1 of 1
Long used of antibiotics in the past...
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 8:04 am
by aldrin
Anyone with a history of long used of antibiotics...
Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:59 pm
by fighter
I have a candida overgrowth now due to dr's continuously prescribing antibiotics and not one of them informed me to take probiotics or natural antifungals.

I don't understand why they are so quick to give them out but won't take necessary precautions in informing the patient of the risk and steps they can take to be proactive in restoring good flora.
Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:15 pm
by deebo
fighter wrote:I have a candida overgrowth now due to dr's continuously prescribing antibiotics and not one of them informed me to take probiotics or natural antifungals.

I don't understand why they are so quick to give them out but won't take necessary precautions in informing the patient of the risk and steps they can take to be proactive in restoring good flora.
Yes . I HATe that Dr do this . This has happened to me too . I dont want to sound subversive ,but Dr's main thing is to push drugs, which is Actually fine if they do the proper testing and labs to find out that this is what you need. But what they do is test drugs on us. I haven't heard a case of class action lawsuits for over prescription of antibiotics but I'd be on board in a minute.
I prayed for years for an answer to help with a skin issue. It was incredible when my Derm started giving me oral pills. I was totally cured ..for about a year. We really don't know any better . We assume Dr's have our best interest in mind. We don't know that antibiotic companies pay Dr's to push their products before they become ineffective . As soon as they don't work on whats in or on us anymore, they tell us to come back to test the next Drug . IMO, this is a Huge disservice to the Human Race ,just to pay their med school loan$.
Candida overgrowth is a whole other ball of wax .
Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 8:33 pm
by fighter
@deebo
Yeah, it's all about the mean green with dr's and pharmacutical companies unfortunately. I think it's nothing wrong with them prescribing them occasionally but why not let us knw what we can do to remain healthy while on them. This just so frustrates me to no end that I hav to fight so hard to cure something in a sense 'they gave to me'. And like meowkitty said about her dr, they claim systematic candida does't exist. I bet they do that to cover their a** b/c of millions of antibiotics they prescribe a year.
Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 11:06 pm
by halitosisux
fighter, where do you have a candida overgrowth?
As far as I know, there has only been one person on this forum who was properly diagnosed with esophegal candidiasis and their BB was cured when the candidiasis was treated with a course of fluconazole. This person does not know how or why this infection occured, but at the time they were on long-term omeprazole use, which is known to sometimes cause this infection with long-term usage and even bacterial lung infections like pneumonia.
Soon after, many people on this site tried the same antifungal in the hope that candida somewhere in their body is also causing their BB but not one single person was cured. Some people had temporary improvements, in the same way that many do with metronidazole, but this was probably due to nothing more than the reduction of fungus in the mouth leading to less tongue coating which leads to less shielding of anaerobic bacteria living between the tongue papillae, so less BB.
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:48 am
by fighter
I have systematic candida which travels all throughout your body
so an antifungal seems the best route for me to take which it most definitely will not work for everyone. Some ppl have smelly saliva or pn drip, or they may floss between there teeth and the floss smells gross, or they may lick there wrist let it dry & get a bad smell. I don't smell my bb after any of this my saliva & mucus is ordorless so is my floss & wrist. My bb comes from my throat and sinuses.
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:25 pm
by clara0
I took my first antibiotics when I was only 3 and after it i have been on them on and off till last year because stupid doctors do not know the difference between allergy and flue, and that is why I can not trust them anymore
](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 2:28 pm
by halitosisux
There is no such thing as systemic candida, except on psuedo science websites run by hippies and people trying to sell you books on cures and remedies and god knows what other nonsense. They are all very clever at twisting the real facts and making vulnerable people believe what they want them to believe.
Candida and other types of fungus live harmlessly in everyone and its only when you become immunocompromised that it becomes "systemic" meaning that it's attacking your whole system including internal organs, brain etc. The microbial balance inside and outside your body, along with your overall immune system are what normally keeps this from happening and when it cant then you'll know about it and it wont be because of bad breath.
The only exception to this that I know of is with the sinuses. The dark moist conditions inside these cavities in your head are perfect for fungal type infections to start and take hold in there.
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:08 pm
by fighter
That's a little absurd to say only 'hippies' believe in systematic candida when there are doctors in the medical community who recognize & acknowledge this infection as well.
Your absolutely correct I do believe as well it can occur when a immune system is compromised and the balance thrown off which antibiotics and other candida contributing factors I've read about (steroids, high sugar/carb diet, etc.) does.
And your right your body would know all about it and bb is only one symptom. Which is why on another post I listed only a few I wanted to share of the many other symptoms of candida I have.
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:26 pm
by Phantasist
If your Candida infection is really "systemic", then how do you know that your bad breath comes from your sinuses and throat? If your whole system is compromised, why couldn't it come from your lungs or intestines?
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 9:43 pm
by fighter
Read my posts. Thank you!

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:23 pm
by halitosisux
fighter wrote:That's a little absurd to say only 'hippies' believe in systematic candida when there are doctors in the medical community who recognize & acknowledge this infection as well.
hippie doctors maybe
Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:30 pm
by fighter
Ok???