Page 1 of 1

VICKSTER- Concha Bullosa Questions

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm
by faith2011
Congratulations on your cure Vickster!! I have a few questions about your diagnosis and treatment. I think I may have the same issue and want all the facts so I can present them to my doctor.

1.) Did you have any sinus associated symptoms that brought you to the ENT or did you ask the ENT to look for abnormalities that might be the cause of your BB?
2.) What tests did the ENT do to diagnose the Concha ( Physical Exam?, Camera in nose?, Sinus X-Ray?, CT?)
3.) What kind of surgery did you have? ( laser, etc?)
4.) Do you know if your concha bullosa was infected or cultured?From what I understand a concha bullosa is an air filled sac within a turbinate in the nose. Usually the inferior(lower) ones(there are 3 total). I found a few cases online in which the sac was "infected" with bacteria, pus, or fluid. One case even cultured the inside and found a Staph infection.
5.) Were you sent home with any medications? (Antibiotics, creams, nasal spray?) If so please describe
6.) how long did you have BB and can u describe your odor(nasal, mouth, room-filling, any past cures or things that helped alot?

Thanks so much for sharing your cure and for providing more details. I appreciate all feedback you can give!

Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:58 pm
by nicc
I believe he was on medication when he posted after the surgery, this mean we still don't know if he's cured...

I've always been BB free after surgeries.