To start off, saliva has many antibacterial properties. Lysozyme, Immunoglobulin A (IgA), Lactoferrin, Peroxidase are enzymes in saliva that are antibacterial. Egg whites contain lot of lysozyme, but I tried eating raw egg whites and it didn't seem to help with bad breath. I've been tested for IgA counts and the results were very low. Don't know so much about lactoferrin or peroxidase.
What I found interesting was this fact: "Saliva also plays an important role in tasting food, by trapping thiols produced from odorless food compounds by anaerobic bacteria living in the mouth." - wikipedia. Thiols are foul, garlic smelling compounds.
I know it sounds disgusting but maybe we can see how effective it would be swish around someone else's saliva in our mouth.
Other natural antibacterial agents:
Lactenin - found in milk
Defensins
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
List all natural antibacterial agents
-
seanlee1980
- Advanced
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:30 am
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.