Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tonsillectomy... ?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
MissPretty
Advanced

Tonsillectomy... ?

Post by MissPretty »

I'm considering a tonsillectomy. Perhaps it is the reason for my bad breath? The problem is that it costs 2500 dollar, is it worth it? Grateful for the answers.

hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

go raw its so much cheaper n healthier it really works im on day 2 n i already can tell a slight improvement in bb clara and el grizze also bimms were 100% bb free in a matter of weeks.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

Thanks for the tip. I might give it a try.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

tonsillectomy cured me 80-90%. Took away fecal and rotten egg smell
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

meowkity1 wrote:tonsillectomy cured me 80-90%. Took away fecal and rotten egg smell
You also had your adenoids removed, right? My adenoids also produce stones. I discovered this when I used a dental syringe to spray water behind the soft palate. A large stone fell into the sink. Since then I've been spraying back there as well as the tonsils, but it never completely gets rid of the bad taste or smell.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

meowkity1 wrote:tonsillectomy cured me 80-90%. Took away fecal and rotten egg smell
Thanks for the reply. Where your tonsils large? Mine is very small.
oasis
Total Newbie

Post by oasis »

Do you have excessive mucous production?

My tonsils were small and I didnt have any tonsil stones but during my tonsillectomy, a peritonsillar abscess was revealed. The surgery improved my condition a lot.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

I always have lots of mucus in the throat, post nasal drip. I've decided an operation. What have I to lose but a lot of money? :P
Free2breath911
Junior

Post by Free2breath911 »

when my BB first began I looked in my throat and saw white stones....I had a tonsilectomy the next month.....bb got worst to be honestly. Once u clean the stones out....there OUT! If u dont have any kind of sore throat pain why remove the tonsils. Its up to you though....I was determined to removed my tonsils and my bb is still here. But I have not seen a tonsil stone since!!! I alomost forgot what they look like.

And also my ent removed them because they would swell up all year long! not because of the stones.
Sindel
Total Newbie

Post by Sindel »

I recieved a tonsilectomy and there was a big improvement because there was so much food gettin caught in my tonsils. But I still have a white coating on the back of my tongue so I was just prescribed nystatin oral because there may be bacteria still living in my tongue and mouth.
Dolors
Total Newbie

Post by Dolors »

Hi there,

I would strongly advise against surgery unless ALL possible other options have been tried first (and failed).

I do suffer from tonsil stones, and they were one of the causes of my chronic halitosis, but stones in my tonsils are no longer a problem because I clean my tonsils regularly a few times a week before stones can build up.

How sure are you that your tonsils are the main cause of your bad breath? Do you regularly clean them? If you have tried everything already, resurfacing of the tonsils has a very high success rate and keeps your tonsils where they should be. Have you looked into that?

Unless absolutely necessary, I personally would not go for a tonsillectomy before having trully determined that your tonsils are the main cause of your bad breath.

Dolors
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Good advice. Sorry, but I've removed the link to that book because nobody needs to pay $30 for any books when they have this forum.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

halitosisux wrote:Good advice. Sorry, but I've removed the link to that book because nobody needs to pay $30 for any books when they have this forum.
What's the book? :roll:
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

Dolors; thanks for your good advice but I have already made up my mind for an operation =)
Dolors
Total Newbie

Post by Dolors »

I wish you all the best then. I hope the operation goes smoothly, that you recover quickly and that the end result is what you were looking for: fresher breath :-)

I have written a book, but it appears I was not supposed to put a link to my site in these forums.

Take care,

Dolors
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic