Page 1 of 2

British TV coverage of halitosis sufferer with TMAU

Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:35 pm
by malory
A halitosis sufferer with TMAU will be interviewed on ITV This Morning programme on Thursday 21st July at 9.00am. Dr Dawn Harper will be present.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:00 am
by halitosisux
Just watched the show, the girl was brilliant and courageous and it was all explained so well in the few minutes they had.

Whoever is on candida diets or raw diets etc, you must watch this.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:35 pm
by hali_grl
lol! no thanx i respect n love myself i just hate bb.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:45 pm
by caramiamine98
I wasn’t able to view it :( I hope somebody uploads this clip onto youtube so the rest of us who aren’t in the UK can see it [-o<

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:02 pm
by deebo
caramiamine98 wrote:I wasn’t able to view it :( I hope somebody uploads this clip onto youtube so the rest of us who aren’t in the UK can see it [-o<
i know . I dont even have tv. is it bbc? maybe theres a vid on a website or transcript . ?? whats itv??love to see this.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:26 pm
by caramiamine98
The interview only just aired today so I’m very sure some super duper extra extra nice person out there will upload this for us :) Clips from that show regularly appear on youtube so I’m sure this one will too.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:20 pm
by caramiamine98
Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait very long. Here is the interview for anyone who is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW_QYk6zRI

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:05 pm
by halitosisux
hali_grl wrote:lol! no thanx i respect n love myself i just hate bb.
eh?

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:17 pm
by deebo
caramiamine98 wrote:Fortunately, I didn’t have to wait very long. Here is the interview for anyone who is interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrW_QYk6zRI
OK ..that just blew my mind ..


i wonder how many of us have TMAU .
Is this girl on our site?? I'd love to chat with her about diet .ASAP.

Posted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:31 pm
by caramiamine98
She is on this site. I must say that she is absolutely beyond brave for doing this. Way to go!

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:26 am
by danger
caramiamine98 wrote:She is on this site. I must say that she is absolutely beyond brave for doing this. Way to go!
who was it?

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:17 pm
by malory
Deebo, I've sent you a private message also.

I am happy to try and help with dietary advice but I'm really not having much success with controlling my odour through diet to be honest.Other people have however.

I find double dosing on vitamin B2/riboflavin (I take 400mg a day) is helpful in the case of tmau cos it helps break down the choline in the food i eat. The less choline and lecithin in the system the less of the smelly TMA produced. Your supplements should not have lecithin in them. Soya flour or margarine is a definite no as is all protein-rich food really.

Apart from that i eat courgettes, aubergines, carrots, celery, cucumber, potatoes, organic flour and water dumplings, most fresh fruit, sometimes white rice, very occasionally red lentils (bad but need some protein!), occasionally lactofree cheese or mozzarella. This is a diet based on low choline foods so may be suitable if you have been tested positive for tmau.

It's not a healthy diet (whereas the anti-candida diet is - with all its wholegrains and quinoa) but experiment with it if you have tmau. See this list of low choline foods:
http://www.ars.usda.gov/SP2UserFiles/Pl ... holnO2.pdf

Thanks guys for all the support and please try to sign the MEBO Research petition I mentioned at the end of the TV interview:
http://www.meboresearch.org/petition.html

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:32 pm
by hali_grl
halitosisux
sorry that was meant for the work frm home post.


I signed the position but i dont think i hav tmau my urine, sweat, vagina, armpits dont stink just bb is possibleto just hav bb with tmau bc the wiki search on it says everything stinks not just bb? like jimi says i think mine comes frm my nose.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:00 pm
by halitosisux
@hali_grl, lol ok

I'm also gonna sign this petition thing.
and btw TMAU can affect just your breath. There are a lot of factors that determine how TMAU will manifest itself.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:15 pm
by hali_grl
i pray that is not the case i didnt start having bb until i got pnd after a real bad sinus infection so im i hav thinking sinustiti but i really need diagnosing.