THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
***k you BB!!!
-
Free2breath911
- Junior
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm
***k you BB!!!
I just dont know what to do right now! It has been 20 months since I worked a job. I have held a job since I was 15 or so years old.
I have never in my life went flat broke for a long period of time because I am a workaholic! My last job was the last job Ive had.....and have not worked since.
When I think of going back to work now....i begin to feel anxiety in my body. Im so afraid of goingback to work...its not even funny.
Sometimes I look back over my life pre-BB and it seems like i was another person!
I got a job offer and this is my ticket out of this money-less place Im in right now. Theres so many things I need...I thank GOD that I before my BB i was a shopaholic and I had lots of shoes and cloths. But now its been almost 2 years and my weight in down and I need new cloths. Not to mention I need to move on with my life!
I honestly have all of these bad things and words that people have said to me about my BB…..stoned in my every thought! Sometimes people can sneeze in the store and I jump in fear! I walk around on eggshells because of my BB.
I went out yesterday and got no nose sratches AT ALL….but the anxiety of it, makes people look at me funny. Im very self-conscious and It shows. Even if my BB is not evident to people…my nervous demeanor is. I was just talking to the lady who wants to hire me on the phone and she is so optimistic about hiring me on very soon. My boyfriend is like…. “great job….u finally are going back to work congrats”
But Im like “I cant do it”…as the tears fill my eyes right now because I must get up and get out of this bad place Im in, and face the world with this condition….I never asked for!
***k you BB….I hate you with all of my heart. You have ruined my life. I have always been able to overcome all of my hardships…who do u think u are? But I will fight you will all of my strength…no weapon formed against me shall prosper. Whatever it is that has caused you to come into my life….I will find it and KILL you. Im going to attack you blood sweat and tears! And I wont wallow in sadness. Im going to fight my way back into this job and I wont let nothing in hell stop me!
I have never in my life went flat broke for a long period of time because I am a workaholic! My last job was the last job Ive had.....and have not worked since.
When I think of going back to work now....i begin to feel anxiety in my body. Im so afraid of goingback to work...its not even funny.
Sometimes I look back over my life pre-BB and it seems like i was another person!
I got a job offer and this is my ticket out of this money-less place Im in right now. Theres so many things I need...I thank GOD that I before my BB i was a shopaholic and I had lots of shoes and cloths. But now its been almost 2 years and my weight in down and I need new cloths. Not to mention I need to move on with my life!
I honestly have all of these bad things and words that people have said to me about my BB…..stoned in my every thought! Sometimes people can sneeze in the store and I jump in fear! I walk around on eggshells because of my BB.
I went out yesterday and got no nose sratches AT ALL….but the anxiety of it, makes people look at me funny. Im very self-conscious and It shows. Even if my BB is not evident to people…my nervous demeanor is. I was just talking to the lady who wants to hire me on the phone and she is so optimistic about hiring me on very soon. My boyfriend is like…. “great job….u finally are going back to work congrats”
But Im like “I cant do it”…as the tears fill my eyes right now because I must get up and get out of this bad place Im in, and face the world with this condition….I never asked for!
***k you BB….I hate you with all of my heart. You have ruined my life. I have always been able to overcome all of my hardships…who do u think u are? But I will fight you will all of my strength…no weapon formed against me shall prosper. Whatever it is that has caused you to come into my life….I will find it and KILL you. Im going to attack you blood sweat and tears! And I wont wallow in sadness. Im going to fight my way back into this job and I wont let nothing in hell stop me!
congrats on the job! i was the same as you when i started my new job 3wks ago bc it was my 1st job in almost 2yrs unfortunately i only lasted a week before calling off and evetually quitting. but that job was a call ctr position can u imagine 1 of us in a call ctr talking allday when its hard for me to even talk to my boyfriend or family. my bb is room filling and everytime i pass or walk in front of or behind someone i do get the coughing or rubbing nose or clearing sinuses so it sounds as if your bb isnt as bad as mine. i also have real bad anxiety doing simple things like grocery shopping, drive thrus, and standing in line at gas stations always go late at night to avoid people. i dont go to the movies or mall anymore. Jimi said it the best ifeel like a leper. how does your b/f react to your bb are you open with him about it?
-
Free2breath911
- Junior
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm
What is the most difficult thing for me to understand is.....How can u live with someone and never EVER mention there BB? There was a small time frame when my bf would have a garlic smell to his breath for about a week or so! i would tell him everyday.....Gosh your breath stinks!!!
this was before my BBcame. But he has never said anything about my bb....its like the un-spoken big elephant in the room constantly.
My BB use to be BAD!! I mean like walking in a store and someone could smell it feet away!! BAD!!! Im telling u I would grocery shop LATE atnight just to avoid crowds. It was a bad time in my life!
I have since lost 20 pounds and I dont eat as unhealthy. (still not 100%). but i notice my BB has went down to where people dont make the faces if Im in the same room or same isle. I also started taking atacids, so I dont know if it was the weight loss, and diet change. Or reduction in heartburn.
But I still have "conversational" BB.
As far as the job goes it is pretty much solo working. Driving a company car all day. Girl I could not ever work in a call center!! OMG!! I undertstand why u quit! Look into some quiet work where u work alone like security or 3rd shift work, until u find your cure! GL!
this was before my BBcame. But he has never said anything about my bb....its like the un-spoken big elephant in the room constantly.
My BB use to be BAD!! I mean like walking in a store and someone could smell it feet away!! BAD!!! Im telling u I would grocery shop LATE atnight just to avoid crowds. It was a bad time in my life!
I have since lost 20 pounds and I dont eat as unhealthy. (still not 100%). but i notice my BB has went down to where people dont make the faces if Im in the same room or same isle. I also started taking atacids, so I dont know if it was the weight loss, and diet change. Or reduction in heartburn.
But I still have "conversational" BB.
As far as the job goes it is pretty much solo working. Driving a company car all day. Girl I could not ever work in a call center!! OMG!! I undertstand why u quit! Look into some quiet work where u work alone like security or 3rd shift work, until u find your cure! GL!
Most of us needs to make a living I mean if I don't, I won't bother working to avoid humiliation. I think you can consider yourself lucky if you have friends or special someone or both at least someone can stand the shit out of you ( no offense). People are judgmental when people see that you're always alone and a quiet person they will suspect something and that's how they will find out you have bb. When I was in college I had a lot of friends even I have bb. bb didn't stop me to feel sorry for myself and be alone so bcoz I have friends I don't get insulted as much as it is now even if I did I didn't give a ***k maybe I was shameless then but over time I get sensitive about having bb and preferred to be alone all the time but I still work coz I have to and I keep my job coz it's hard to find one specially if you have bb. I'm all alone no family, no friends, no gf. So i suggest that you keep your friends, loved ones coz they see something in you that is special to them. Hang out with you're friends and once in a while try to bring them with you to where you usually go like grocery stores so the people that work there don't always see you alone, everytime you go there. When people see that you're alone all the time you're an easy target, it's easier for them to insult you.( Schadenfreude ) look this word up. And remember what they say it's better to have hog breath than no breath at all but yeah ***k bb.
-
Free2breath911
- Junior
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm
your right! I notice that too. When people see u alone they think u are a loner. I know exactly what u mean!
Unfortunatly (spellcheck) I have no problem....putting a person in there place! BB or not....I dont disrespect people...and I'll be damn if anybody think because Im going through this and I am struggling right now....there going to try and hurt me! Haha....It will snow in hell if they think they will try me like that.
With this BB....we have to put on our armour when we face the world, and dont take it off for nothing! we have to protect the little dignity and hope that is left to get us to our cure! we have to get better!
Unfortunatly (spellcheck) I have no problem....putting a person in there place! BB or not....I dont disrespect people...and I'll be damn if anybody think because Im going through this and I am struggling right now....there going to try and hurt me! Haha....It will snow in hell if they think they will try me like that.
With this BB....we have to put on our armour when we face the world, and dont take it off for nothing! we have to protect the little dignity and hope that is left to get us to our cure! we have to get better!
I'm guessing becauce they dont want to hurt your feelings. I've been with my wife for 15 years and she's never mentioned it. It took me to get really pissed and tell her one night, in bed not facing her - it was really hard to tell her that i thought i had a problem, sorry knew i had a problem - she sais she hadnt noticed anything but I think she didnt want to hurt my feelings still. The good thing is that it was a huge weight off my shoulders, I had to tell her as Id just ordered a full pharmacy and she was going to see all the potions in the bathroom! I still cant talk to her about it, I send the odd text now and then just asking hows my little problem to which she replies, havent noticed anything. PS Ive had it confirmed by Oral Chromo machine, it isnt really bad but i do have halitosis,,,,Free2breath911 wrote:What is the most difficult thing for me to understand is.....How can u live with someone and never EVER mention there BB? There was a small time frame when my bf would have a garlic smell to his breath for about a week or so! i would tell him everyday.....Gosh your breath stinks!!!
GL!
@stevo96
i think some people are more sensitive than others for example i have a lot of freinds some of them do not make any reactions even when my bb is the worst i even sit very close to them and have coversation as much time as i want and there is no any reactions at all, while some of my other freinds are very sensitive so they can smell even when i am oki they make reactons sniffs i dont think they mean to hurt me but its their nature. i think your wife can not detect your bb just like my friends or my be she used to..... do you know when you get in to a very smelly place like room first you make reactons and then after a while when sit in the smell is gone do youu know why? because i think you used to smell it.
i think some people are more sensitive than others for example i have a lot of freinds some of them do not make any reactions even when my bb is the worst i even sit very close to them and have coversation as much time as i want and there is no any reactions at all, while some of my other freinds are very sensitive so they can smell even when i am oki they make reactons sniffs i dont think they mean to hurt me but its their nature. i think your wife can not detect your bb just like my friends or my be she used to..... do you know when you get in to a very smelly place like room first you make reactons and then after a while when sit in the smell is gone do youu know why? because i think you used to smell it.
free
yeah im trying to work at home now until i get over this thing. and i know exactly what u mean my bf has never once said anything about my bb but he knows im sensitive even when we argue and i call him ever name in the book he can throw so much back at me but he doesn't but like you said its the elephant in the room bc we are so distant from each other.
yeah im trying to work at home now until i get over this thing. and i know exactly what u mean my bf has never once said anything about my bb but he knows im sensitive even when we argue and i call him ever name in the book he can throw so much back at me but he doesn't but like you said its the elephant in the room bc we are so distant from each other.
Hello,
I know I have bb for about 6 years. Funny thing is, I thought it was just a hygiene problem and goes away when I brush my teeth. Which made me feel secure, socially active. I was meeting with friends, had a girlfriend. I am quite sure they reacted to my bb back then but I wasn't paying attention. I became aware of it 2-3 years ago and everything changed. My point is, awareness sucks. Let me try to explain:
For others
before we become aware it: Compor has bb, but it doesn't look like that worries him much, maybe he is not even aware of it. Hell I won't be the one telling him. We should tolerate it, some dental hygiene won't hurt though.
after: Compor is avoiding us, always making excuses. He is very unsecure if he ever shows up. There is something wrong with this guy, he is acting weird. He used to be fun. By the way, his breath stinks.
For us
before: Life is good.
after: We spend tons of money on products and lots of time on procedures that supposedly cure bb. We avoid social contact, become weirdos at job (don't expect promotion).
My guess is 5-10% with chronic bb can find cure after months/years of searching. Rest can reduce it somehow but will still have bb. I wish I never realized that I had bb. A secure, socially active person with bb but not aware of it, or a weirdo who won't talk (still have bb though).
............
bb sucks
I know I have bb for about 6 years. Funny thing is, I thought it was just a hygiene problem and goes away when I brush my teeth. Which made me feel secure, socially active. I was meeting with friends, had a girlfriend. I am quite sure they reacted to my bb back then but I wasn't paying attention. I became aware of it 2-3 years ago and everything changed. My point is, awareness sucks. Let me try to explain:
For others
before we become aware it: Compor has bb, but it doesn't look like that worries him much, maybe he is not even aware of it. Hell I won't be the one telling him. We should tolerate it, some dental hygiene won't hurt though.
after: Compor is avoiding us, always making excuses. He is very unsecure if he ever shows up. There is something wrong with this guy, he is acting weird. He used to be fun. By the way, his breath stinks.
For us
before: Life is good.
after: We spend tons of money on products and lots of time on procedures that supposedly cure bb. We avoid social contact, become weirdos at job (don't expect promotion).
My guess is 5-10% with chronic bb can find cure after months/years of searching. Rest can reduce it somehow but will still have bb. I wish I never realized that I had bb. A secure, socially active person with bb but not aware of it, or a weirdo who won't talk (still have bb though).
............
bb sucks
bb
damn yes i hate bb i have feces breath people always say it smells like shit smells like doodoo im so tired of this and this damn acid reflux im only 18 had this for 4 years now and its and no girlfriend this sucks i hold my breath but dosent help cus people still smell it regardless so i quit doing that
-
Free2breath911
- Junior
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm
Promise you, I've been here. Getting skinny, wearing all my clothes bought years ago when I could afford to shop, nothing fits anymore, I have to punch holes in my belt to get it to fit tighter.
Scared straight during interviews, afraid to work even though I MUST get income coming in before I hit the sidewalks. Before I had BB, NONE of this was a problem.
When I finally nailed a job, I did it because I decided to ignore the BB and just be myself.
When you act like you have BB, people will only see and smell BB. If you're personable, enthusiastic, smiling and friendly, people will tend to see more of YOU. I find that I can make people laugh and they forget to hold their nose. If you sulk and mumble, people will become uncomfortable, and focus on nothing but your BB.
It's the key to coexisting with this issue. Just do the best you can to keep the odors at bay, but be a normal person. Talk when you can, don't talk when you don't have to. The more you smile and be friendly, the more likely you will be accepted and people will look beyond your problem.
If I had known this years ago, I would have never been laid off. I know it was because of my newly found bad attitude, and not the economy.
Scared straight during interviews, afraid to work even though I MUST get income coming in before I hit the sidewalks. Before I had BB, NONE of this was a problem.
When I finally nailed a job, I did it because I decided to ignore the BB and just be myself.
When you act like you have BB, people will only see and smell BB. If you're personable, enthusiastic, smiling and friendly, people will tend to see more of YOU. I find that I can make people laugh and they forget to hold their nose. If you sulk and mumble, people will become uncomfortable, and focus on nothing but your BB.
It's the key to coexisting with this issue. Just do the best you can to keep the odors at bay, but be a normal person. Talk when you can, don't talk when you don't have to. The more you smile and be friendly, the more likely you will be accepted and people will look beyond your problem.
If I had known this years ago, I would have never been laid off. I know it was because of my newly found bad attitude, and not the economy.
-
Free2breath911
- Junior
- Posts: 84
- Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.