Page 1 of 1

Tongue- taste and smell sour

Posted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:26 am
by 2ndbanana
Can someone please tell me what's causing this? is it possible i have low or high level of stomach acidity. And also is it normal that when i drink/eat i feel the liquid/food coming down on my right throat alone. if i want to feel the liquid /food i have to do it on purpose but normally i always feel it to the left.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:18 am
by elliott
That's pretty weird about the left/right of your throat. I would see a DR about that particular issue.

As far as feeling varying amounts of stomach acidity, your guess is as good as mine. I have many time had weird inexplicable moments of high acidic taste/feel even when eating only the most basic of foods.

One thing I can actually consistently attribute to these times, is... stress, believe it or not.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:31 am
by hali_grl
not sure about the low/high acid thing and how it affects the tongue but theres a test you can do by drinking baking soda n water and if you burp too fast your high but if you don't burp at all than your stomach acid is low but just google it to find the right timing to determine high/low.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:38 am
by plumbum
I have a salty taste in my throat constantly. I think mine might be PND. I may have silent reflux also. I always have a lump in my throat and occasional hoarseness. Nothing so far gets rid of the taste.

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:06 am
by hali_grl
plum
this is interesting i knew i didnt have gerds bc of no burning sensation in my chest but sometimes i do feel burning like acid in my throat i never heard of silent relux until know i found this website http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/lar ... ent-reflux
im thinking now my pnd and nasal ordor may come from the acid that this site says can wash up into throat, voice box, and back of nasal passages it can cause inflammation in those areas which maybe why im congested and can't breathe as fully. i love love love spicy hot food and ppl would always say im going to mess my stomach up when i was young and they maybe right.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:34 am
by mike987
hali_grl wrote:plum
this is interesting i knew i didnt have gerds bc of no burning sensation in my chest but sometimes i do feel burning like acid in my throat i never heard of silent relux until know i found this website http://www.webmd.com/heartburn-gerd/lar ... ent-reflux
im thinking now my pnd and nasal ordor may come from the acid that this site says can wash up into throat, voice box, and back of nasal passages it can cause inflammation in those areas which maybe why im congested and can't breathe as fully. i love love love spicy hot food and ppl would always say im going to mess my stomach up when i was young and they maybe right.

Say, that sounds a lot like myself.

In addition to regular PND, I also often eat food, and the food seems to stay lumped in my throat, even if I drink water.. Usually it's this way for dry food, or large pills.. I sometimes have stomach acid back up a little if I just ate rapidly or ate a lot, but it doesn't burn, so I tend to not notice it... It happens while burping, which I sometimes do a lot after I eat... Like I'll be speaking and have these 'single hiccup' symptoms.

This was listed for the infant symptoms, but I also have trouble gaining weight.

It mentions fluid in the middle ear and ear infections, with problems with the Eustachian tube.... I've had bad ear problems all during my childhood, and had to get tubes in my ears.. since then I haven't had as many problems, but last month or so I did have an extreme intensely painful ear infection.

If I do have this, it's somewhat mild... I believe it's stressed induced, cause like most people here, I'm pretty stressed out on most occasions.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:51 pm
by hali_grl
large pills yes i have to break my multivitamin pills in half and drink lots of water or it feels stuck in my throat and water too even if i swallow it feels like a tad bit goes to my nose which maybe why i have nasal odor? i dnt know but very interesting.
i always fill like fluid is in my ears too and also burp alot after eating. it says that silent reflux is a mild version of gerd and might not have any obvious symptoms.