Page 1 of 1

2 products that might help prevent PND.. Anybody try these?

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:28 am
by mike987
Here's a link to a product page for a drug that claims to end PND in those who take it.

I'm severely skeptical, considering they have 16 other nasal products, all going by the name 'Sinuswars'.

This one for PND is 'Sinuswars2' (http://www.sinuswars.com/remedies/SinusWars2.asp).. Anybody tried this before? There are two reviews on Amazon that said it does nothing, and one positive one, that could easily have been faked.

What do you guys think??

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, here's something I just stumbled over on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SinuPulse-Elite-A ... roduct_top

Sinupulse Elite Advanced Nasal Sinus Irrigation System .. What a mouthful.... While that name is complete crap (if it's the real deal just name it something simple and effective rather than exaggerate it with all that vocabulary)

Anyway, it looks like it's basically the Nose version of a Waterpik. Anybody here have one of these, and is it effective for you? Lately I've had a lot of PND, and I can almost taste, or smell, or something between that, when my breath is sewery.. I used to use a neti pot for nasal irrigation but it didn't seem to do much, and was more a pain in the ass than anything... I used it a month or so ago and had an intense ear infection, which makes sense if I was sniffing and snorting that water all through my sinuses.

I tried it again recently taking more care not to sniff and .. well I don't know if it did anything at all, but it did feel refreshing, I'll give it that much.

I just wonder if this pulsing nasal irrigator is on another level all together than the simple neti pot method.

Can anyone vouch for the quality and effectiveness of the product?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I don't think PND is the CAUSE of my BB... but it seems like there's a relation to the amount of mucous going on and the power of my breath.. If I could eliminate PND, even if I have a bacterial imbalance or some other problem, it might not be apparent from my breath as it is now.

If you have experience with these products, I'd like to hear your feedback.

:)

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:06 am
by George80
Sinupulse Elite Advanced Nasal Sinus Irrigation System
I have this one at home, used 2-3 times and it turned out to be crap. At least for me it doesn't work. I can't see the difference to a regular irrigation tube.
I thought myself: You have to try it. Don't leave any chance out.

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:40 pm
by Free2breath911
Hey I had to really learn how to properly use the netti pot.....If u do it wrong, I can image the headache and possible ear infection you could get.

Here is a tip...when u use the netti pot...if u feel like u are about to drown, and your nose begins to burn. STOP!

start over...side tilt your head just a little bit...and push the netti pot foward toward the front of my nose and push upward....it flows out easy.

If the water is not flowing freely out...you doing it wrong. Make sure you mouth is open and relaxed. also give the water about 2 seconds to start to drip out the other side.
I also find that one side of my nose is more open...so i pour into that side.

also blow your nose before, during(once) and after you do the netti pot. Dont blow hard though. Lean foward afterwards...and sofly blow.
allow about a hour for all of water to completly channel out.

Re: 2 products that might help prevent PND.. Anybody try th

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:48 pm
by deebo
mike987 wrote:Here's a link to a product page for a drug that claims to end PND in those who take it.

I'm severely skeptical, considering they have 16 other nasal products, all going by the name 'Sinuswars'.

This one for PND is 'Sinuswars2' (http://www.sinuswars.com/remedies/SinusWars2.asp).. Anybody tried this before? --------------------------

Okay, here's something I just stumbled over on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/SinuPulse-Elite-A ... roduct_top

Sinupulse Elite Advanced Nasal Sinus Irrigation System ..
Anyway, it looks like it's basically the Nose version of a Waterpik. Anybody here have one of these, and is it effective for you? Lately I've had a lot of PND, and I can almost taste, or smell, or something between that, when my breath is sewery.. I used to use a neti pot for nasal irrigation but it didn't seem to do much, and was more a pain in the ass than anything... I used it a month or so ago and had an intense ear infection, which makes sense if I was sniffing and snorting that water all through my sinuses.

I tried it again recently taking more care not to sniff and .. well I don't know if it did anything at all, but it did feel refreshing, I'll give it that much.

I just wonder if this pulsing nasal irrigator is on another level all together than the simple neti pot method.

Can anyone vouch for the quality and effectiveness of the product?

----------------------------------------------------
:)
Curious to know how the sinuswars stuff works ,but i have doubts already .

waterpik actually makes a nasal version and there are nasal attachments for the regular waterpic (maybe 3rd party made?) . Not sure how salt will affect the reg units though.

Netipots:: i stopped neti and started using the Neilmed rinser.
http://www.theblog.ca/wp-content/upload ... _rinse.jpg No side tilting the head needed (this caused ear issues for me too) . They instruct to use distilled water with their salt packs. I microwave a little water in it to boil in hope of sterilizing the unit 1st . Then add a salt pack ,some hydro/peroxide , drop of GSE , distilled water to top ,shake.

Tilting the head forward to avoid running into the ears, squirting it nice and slow to get more time . I stick out my tongue and some come down there too. Before I've used regular water and didnt microwave it and i got a "Cold" which i assume is a sinus infection from germs in the unit. Not Good . I got 99cent distilled water and mic it from now on . Jimi recommended the peroxide recently , i do it . I try twice a day . No major improvements but no infections since the new protocol .

Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:36 pm
by hali_grl
I have the sinus plus elite nasal and throat irrigation but it doesnt help either with bb but it does help with tonsil stones which im not concerned bc i always had tonsil stones since i was young but didnt have bb even ppl w/o bb may have tonsil stones.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:33 am
by Jimi Stein
I am so clueless why some people see stones in the throat and still not opt for the surgery. It is like they like to stink?

WTF is going on with you, just go to surgery and be done with it.

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:49 am
by hali_grl
there are many ppl who've had their tonsils removed and they still hav bb unless antibiotics are prescribed and bb still comes back. i know my bb has nothing to do with them bc i noticed my first one at like 7 yrs old and didnt hav bb until in my 20's so im not going to have unneccessary surgical procedures that wont help something else developed between that time to cause my bb and im leaning towards silent reflux. perfectly healthy bb free ppl may get t stones to. [/i]

Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:38 am
by deebo
Jimi wrote:..
WTF is going on with you, just go to surgery and be done with it.
Before ,I thought I read about a surgery that just closes the crypt . No removal. Anyone hear of this?

I see some folks have complained that tonsil or adenoid removal didnt help or even makes everything Worse , plus cost $$ ! Maybe this is why its hard to jump into surgery . Lots of Dr's say "no" too. I want to see a Dr for it when I get insurance though.

Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:15 pm
by ruch
would be interested to hear about hat helps with PND. i am sure i have that too. i recently got a tung brush and when i se it and go as far back as possible, i notice a bb taste in my mouth after. there is also mucous that comes forth.

even when there is no odour from between my teeth since i have gum disease (checked via smelling my floss), i can still have bb so it must be from back of the throat.

does the neti pot work?

Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:32 am
by mike987
ruch wrote:would be interested to hear about hat helps with PND. i am sure i have that too. i recently got a tung brush and when i se it and go as far back as possible, i notice a bb taste in my mouth after. there is also mucous that comes forth.

even when there is no odour from between my teeth since i have gum disease (checked via smelling my floss), i can still have bb so it must be from back of the throat.

does the neti pot work?

The BB probably doesn't originate in the back of the throat, but it's much more difficult to clean that area... also, your saliva doesn't seem to sit back there the way it does in the front of your mouth, so any good elements within your saliva aren't able to act in the far reaches of your throat.

Though, PND occurs at the back, which feeds BB bacteria... It's hard for me to see how Neti Pots are really any help, since PND is a 24 hour affliction. Maybe it can help for a few minutes are irrigation, but beyond that, all the PND should return pretty quickly.


Tongue Brush is great... I still, 4-5 years later, use this wonderful brush.