I recently got one of these. This one mounts on a sink faucet. It has a valve for directing the water to the sink or to the jet. That way you can leave it mounted. But it's easy to remove for travelling too.
It's great for cleaning the teeth and gums instead of a water pik, but I bought it primarily to clean out the tonsils stones. I had been using a dental syringe, but it's a pain to use and wasn't getting many stones out.
Today I used the RediBreeze on my tonsils for the first time and a bunch of stones came out. The valve allows you to control the flow so it doesn't injure the tonsils or cause a gag reflex. It has a fan spray, not a needle spray, so it's less likely to cause injury. Short of getting the tonsils removed, this may be the best way to keep the stones under control.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028O ... product_T2
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
RediBreeze Oral Irrigator
Had my tonsils removed and haven't had a stone since... I don't regret that at all... Even though the tonsil stones were merely a symptom of BB, they still contributed heavily... imagine those things getting smashed up on your tongue.. the rankest breath, ever.
Wow, that product is like a 'why didn't I think of that' practical looking tool... I wonder if the pressure is as effective as the Water Pik.
Wow, that product is like a 'why didn't I think of that' practical looking tool... I wonder if the pressure is as effective as the Water Pik.
Mike, how much of an improvement did you get from having them removed?
My adenoids also produce stones. I would want to get them removed along with the tonsils if I could find a doctor to do both. You're probably right the stones are more of a symptom than a cause. Even though I'm not seeing as many stones come out, I still get reactions.
Still, cleaning out the stones is a vast improvement over not. I used to wake up in the morning and could smell my own breath it was so bad. Now I almost never smell anything.
Regarding the water pressure, it can be much higher than a water pik, but it fans out and doesn't pulse. Somebody on Amazon said it loosened his fillings from using too much water pressure, but it's completely adjustable. I think it does as good a job as the WP for cleaning the teeth and I don't turn it up too high.
My adenoids also produce stones. I would want to get them removed along with the tonsils if I could find a doctor to do both. You're probably right the stones are more of a symptom than a cause. Even though I'm not seeing as many stones come out, I still get reactions.
Still, cleaning out the stones is a vast improvement over not. I used to wake up in the morning and could smell my own breath it was so bad. Now I almost never smell anything.
Regarding the water pressure, it can be much higher than a water pik, but it fans out and doesn't pulse. Somebody on Amazon said it loosened his fillings from using too much water pressure, but it's completely adjustable. I think it does as good a job as the WP for cleaning the teeth and I don't turn it up too high.
Well, BB continued, to my dismay, even after having them removed.
However, have you ever crushed one of those things and smelled it??
The worst thing ever.. as long as there were tonsil stones in my throat, even if my teeth and tongue were clean, when I swallowed and my throat moved, it was like 'unleashing the reserves'.
I had to clean out those things with a cotton swab, twice a day. if I kept it up, I could usually get them while they were just a pile of goo, but if I didn't do it for a day, they'd become stones and be quite nasty... Also, by not doing it every day, by the evening, I got a really musky taste/scent/sensation in my throat by evening time... This was 'the tonsil stone flavor'
Even if it didn't reduce my BB at all (though I'm sure it had to help a bit), it saved me some grief and the inconvenience of having to clean those things out twice a day, doing things most humans would look at you and say 'What on Earth are you doing!?'
Haven't had a stone since, and don't get the tonsil stone taste anymore.. It's bad enough having fart breath, but having tonsil stone breath (I think it's a close range thing) piled on top of that is extra nasty.
When I was around 18, I got massive, bloody ones... It wasn't until someone revealed the cause of these things on the net that I ever believed where they were coming from.. I was sure they were coming from below my esophagus.
Unless the doctor thinks there will be complications, I'd say get them out. Normal tonsils aren't suppose to be cryptic.
However, have you ever crushed one of those things and smelled it??
The worst thing ever.. as long as there were tonsil stones in my throat, even if my teeth and tongue were clean, when I swallowed and my throat moved, it was like 'unleashing the reserves'.
I had to clean out those things with a cotton swab, twice a day. if I kept it up, I could usually get them while they were just a pile of goo, but if I didn't do it for a day, they'd become stones and be quite nasty... Also, by not doing it every day, by the evening, I got a really musky taste/scent/sensation in my throat by evening time... This was 'the tonsil stone flavor'
Even if it didn't reduce my BB at all (though I'm sure it had to help a bit), it saved me some grief and the inconvenience of having to clean those things out twice a day, doing things most humans would look at you and say 'What on Earth are you doing!?'
Haven't had a stone since, and don't get the tonsil stone taste anymore.. It's bad enough having fart breath, but having tonsil stone breath (I think it's a close range thing) piled on top of that is extra nasty.
When I was around 18, I got massive, bloody ones... It wasn't until someone revealed the cause of these things on the net that I ever believed where they were coming from.. I was sure they were coming from below my esophagus.
Unless the doctor thinks there will be complications, I'd say get them out. Normal tonsils aren't suppose to be cryptic.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.