Page 1 of 1
MANUKA HONEY REVIEW
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:00 pm
by Free2breath911
Ok so I just received the manuka honey. I just wanted to try it out because I believe that acid in my cause of BB. I am well into almost a month still on the Nexium….no heartburn….I HONESTLY feel so much better. (next post on that topic) After seeing a post on here on Manuka honey…I did some research and found that this stuff…claims to be a natural healer for many disruptions in the body…acid reflux, and h-pylori, ect. The manuka honey claims to help heal throat ulcers and acid erosion by coating the throat. Ok so onto the review
It is definitly not like regular honey. from the outside of the jar, it looks like a thick rich butter maple syrup. But once I opened the jar...the consistency is much like very, very pure organic unprocessed untouched, natural, beautiful honey, but much more at its natural state. It does not taste gritty at all....but it looks gritty, filled with fine tiny sugar, bubbles ,and of a rich amber colour.
This 1 pound 500g jar was 25.00 at whole foods market.
I just mixed it into some hot water (not boiling because it will remove the good stuff) and as soon a drank it...I immediately felt it coating down in my esphogus. The website says to eat in before meals on piece of bread to get in down into the place in the esophagus and stomach.
The taste is much like honey….yet very natural and smooth. I actually like the taste, it is a an acquired taste though.
So I will continue to update this thread on the benefit I get from it. Bye.
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:06 pm
by hali_grl
im on day 5 of this honey & my bb is not gone yet but reduced i recommend chewing the honey & swallowing also because this coats my mouth n throat better my tongue is whiter but im assuming die off (everything gets worse b4 better). I can say that my sinuses feel dry, no more runny nose, lump in my throat or ringing in my ears by doing the drops. also ive started back taking probiotics with this and my #2's literally don't stink at all that never happened before i use to notice a reduction in smell while on them but now no smell at all kind of like when you take antibiotics. so i beieve the honey n tumeric are killing the bad micro's leaving the good and im adding more good. yesterday i felt stoned and had a headache, my face is breaking out with random bumps here and there and i feel tingly sensations every now and then so i now my body's cleaning. also the sides of my back are kind of hurting (not bad at all) but i forgot which either the honey or tumeric cleans the liver i think it was the tumeric. im also on candida diet hope this helps. good luck!
Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:28 pm
by hali_grl
note: that i take super potent 4 strain probiotics w/ pectin, one a multivitamis, b12 subligual supplements (deficit), and iron supplements (anemic) im noting bc i think this all togather is working for me.
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:34 pm
by snoopsister
Just started taking the honey for 2 days now, and I am experiencing what I hope is die off symtoms. foggy brain, depression, ears itching, stomach bloating etc etc I actually shich the honey in my mouth. I hope this helps with acid reflux/ h pylori

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:35 am
by hali_grl
snoop
i hope it works for you i went through two bottles in a week which is over $40 because I was taking it so much and i experinced die off as well and my mouth felt alot fresher. ppl still smelt my breath but they were also alot closer to me as well i believe it got rid my nose odor but i still had breath odor. I can't afford to buy any more jars right now but i do plan on giving it another try soon i feel as though if i would have continued with it for 10 weeks like recommended i would be cured or greatly reduced but i can tell you that diet plays a important part esp since i think i have candida which ill know for sure pretty soon when i buy a testing kit. for ear itching and sinuses why not put some honey/water mixture in a eye drop bottle and insert drops in the ear and nose. Also for h pylori it is said that you have to put some on a piece on bread or dip veggies in it for it to reach your digestive tract and not just get dissolved in the blood.
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:56 am
by 2ndbanana
@ hali_grl
i think you should continue taking manuka honey if you think its working for you. I use to take this but it doesn't seem to be working for me so i stop. i didn't finish the bottle but when i read your post about this i began taking it again before i mix one tablespoon with hot water i guess that thing doesn't work for me but when i use it as a spread to a bread i think its working for me i'm not sure if its really working for me. i run out of it but i already ordered. i buy my manuka honey at puritan it's $13 250 g 12+. you said yours cost you over $40 but maybe it has higher grade but if its the same grade i think mine is cheaper plus this is from new zealand.
Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:06 am
by deebo
2ndbanana wrote: i mix one tablespoon with hot water i guess that thing doesn't work for me but when i use it as a spread to a bread i think its working for me i'm not sure if its really working for me. i run out of it but i already ordered. i buy my manuka honey at puritan it's $13 250 g 12+. you said yours cost you over $40 but maybe it has higher grade but if its the same grade i think mine is cheaper plus this is from new zealand.
"· Active Manuka Honey must not be used in hot drinks, as heating will destroy many of its unique properties." 2ndbanana ,where did you order your honey from ? Link ?? thanks
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:26 am
by 2ndbanana
@deebo
http://www.puritan.com/bee-products-038 ... ey&rdcnt=1
also check out their dental and oral care they are on sale now lots of buy 1 get 2 free their products are dirt cheap. i'm gonna try some of their chewable chlorophyl and mint, breath check and toothpaste, not a fan of mouthwash.
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:14 pm
by deebo
2ndbanana wrote:@deebo
http://www.puritan.com/bee-products-038 ... ey&rdcnt=1
also check out their dental and oral care they are on sale now lots of buy 1 get 2 free their products are dirt cheap. i'm gonna try some of their chewable chlorophyl and mint, breath check and toothpaste, not a fan of mouthwash.
Woe, a little gold mine there. Thanks 2ndB
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:25 pm
by deebo
snoopsister wrote:Just started taking the honey for 2 days now, and I am experiencing what I hope is die off symtoms. foggy brain, depression, ears itching, stomach bloating etc etc I actually shich the honey in my mouth. I hope this helps with acid reflux/ h pylori

did you star with low dose ? i will now that i hear about your issue.
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:53 pm
by Free2breath911
The only noticable thing is the smell does linger if you eat it straight. I let it sit on my tounge for as long as I can.
I love it in my tea....other than that I really cant tell if it works for my heartburn, because I dont have anymore.