Page 1 of 3
Wish me luck ; )
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:15 pm
by MissPretty
I'm going to surgery to remove my tonsils, October 4. I really hope that my bad breath is better but I have not really high expectations.
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:45 pm
by hali_grl
Good luck!

Re: Wish me luck ; )
Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:49 pm
by deebo
MissPretty wrote:I'm going to surgery to remove my tonsils, October 4. I really hope that my bad breath is better but I have not really high expectations.
i'll have work insurance soon too and seriously considering tonsil and adenoid surgery soon . Pls keep us posted . Good Luck

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:47 pm
by MissPretty
Deebo, of course, I will do it. Thanks so much

Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:49 pm
by MissPretty
hali_grl wrote:Good luck!

Thank you, sweety.
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:13 pm
by mike987
It probably won't save you from BB, but it will save you a lot of trouble and stress anyway.
You'll be glad you did it.
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:17 pm
by ruthere1
Good luck friend! i hope it works. i have been noticing that a lot of my bad breath comes from my tonsils. Mainly because of my sinus trouble.
Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:11 pm
by MissPretty
Thanks for all the kind words. I love you all <3
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:40 am
by hope4now
I'm also scheduled for tonsil removal Oct 4. I meet with the doctor Sep 29 for the pre-op visit. I'm hoping to convince him to remove the adenoids as well. They have been producing stones, just like the tonsils. If I squirt salt water back there, a stone pops out every so often. Lately I'm thinking the adenoids might be contributing more to the bb than the tonsils, since the breath passes right over them. In the morning I often feel a lump in my throat when I swallow which could be the adenoids.
I'll definitely keep posting after the surgery with the long term results. Short term the bb usually gets worse.
Good Luck to us both!
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:38 am
by elliott
Yeah good luck.I would have had mine out years ago, if I could find a doc willing to do it. I went thru about 5 doctors who refused to cut or laser unless they had a valid reason.
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:40 pm
by mike987
elliott wrote:Yeah good luck.I would have had mine out years ago, if I could find a doc willing to do it. I went thru about 5 doctors who refused to cut or laser unless they had a valid reason.
Are your tonsils not cryptic? Is that not enough?
I told the doc I have cryptic tonsils, and told him I often get sore throats (I lied a little about the sore throats... Honestly not having my tonsils did give me less sore throats, but it wasn't pressing that they needed to be removed)
He agreed pretty quickly.
Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:43 pm
by MissPretty
hope4now wrote:I'm also scheduled for tonsil removal Oct 4. I meet with the doctor Sep 29 for the pre-op visit. I'm hoping to convince him to remove the adenoids as well. They have been producing stones, just like the tonsils. If I squirt salt water back there, a stone pops out every so often. Lately I'm thinking the adenoids might be contributing more to the bb than the tonsils, since the breath passes right over them. In the morning I often feel a lump in my throat when I swallow which could be the adenoids.
I'll definitely keep posting after the surgery with the long term results. Short term the bb usually gets worse.
Good Luck to us both!
Huh? You should also operate on you the same day as me? October 4?

Good luck ; )
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:44 am
by elliott
mike987 wrote:elliott wrote:Yeah good luck.I would have had mine out years ago, if I could find a doc willing to do it. I went thru about 5 doctors who refused to cut or laser unless they had a valid reason.
Are your tonsils not cryptic? Is that not enough?
I told the doc I have cryptic tonsils, and told him I often get sore throats (I lied a little about the sore throats... Honestly not having my tonsils did give me less sore throats, but it wasn't pressing that they needed to be removed)
He agreed pretty quickly.
They always say there's nothing wrong, but a "little inflammation". They also say that my tonsils seems unusually small, as if there's little to cut out.
I don't even get tonsiloths anymore. I only get the "juice" which to me is worse, because I can't cough it out. The stinky mucousy fluid just keeps coming.
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:22 pm
by mike987
What if you told them about the gross juice.. how it irritates your throat and you almost always feel like you have a mild sore throat? Perhaps admit it's not pressing, but you're tired of having a sore throat and would like to have the operation done anyway.
If you can't get it done, don't worry. Those tonsils aren't responsible for the nastiness in your mouth.. they're just collecting it together. Almost 100% sure getting your tonsils out won't fix your breath.
Still, I'd try to get those tonsils out.. I know how nasty that gunk is.
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:17 pm
by Jimi Stein
My grandma had a tonsil surgery, but the doctor had a parkinson and he cut her tongue out. She was so sad but we were all happy because she japed too much.
So be careful, if the fucker shakes, RUN!!!