Page 1 of 1

Started Metronidazole....

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:12 pm
by john_bb
Hey guys...
Finally I got Metronidazole today. I powdered the pill and mixed it in an ounce of water. I gargled the mixture for little over 5 mins.
My first impression is pretty positive..my saliva tastes normal (which was never like that) and I cannot smell my own breath. I shall update you the response of my colleagues in the next few days....
Please roll out your suggestions/ precautions/ tips regarding Metronidazole....
John_bb

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:45 pm
by smellslikedodo
Weird, i noticed the same thing too with my saliva when i first started it. But i could never smell my own breath even when i tried (blow in pillow and try to smell it or blow in cupped hands).

my only advice would be to not miss a rinsing the first few weeks cuz you might develope resistant bacteria or something. I was diligent for the first several weeks, twice a day. Then I cut back to once a day. Now i've finished and haven't ordered anymore yet but not sure i'll need to. I'm still on the probiotics, both the powder one and the one that comes in a pill. The powder one i let it sit on my tongue and in between my gums and cheeks as long as i can before i swallow it. Seems like that's helping keep the bacteria in balance, at least i feel like it does anyway. But still not noticing any reactions around me so i'm starting to get more comfortable in my surroundings and not freak out so much when i have to be social and actually speak to people. I try to watch out for the same ole same ole reactions but so far haven't really noticed any.

Just keep at it man and good luck.

@smellslikedodo

Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:58 pm
by john_bb
BTW what probiotics do you use. Did you get rid of your bad breath after using Metronidazole?? Did you ever try stopping the probiotics to see whether your BB is gone or not...
John_bb[/quote]

Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:11 am
by mike987
Do keep us updated.

I just received my order of it too, but I'm probably not gonna start it till next week or later. Ever since learning about the ileocecal valve, I'm not too keen on taking meds.. I really do think that valve could be responsible.

3days of rinsing and results

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:53 pm
by john_bb
Hi all,
Used metro rinse for 3 days. Unable to sense my own breath (great achievement). There were few responses on day 1,2, but they were not that strong.
I think I am getting better. The morning breath is lot lower, but still exists. I am still brushing 4 times a day, 2 flossings and 2 rinsings with listerene zero.
I am about to teach someone today on a one to one basis. This is the exact test. I have to observe how close I can get without offending my student.
Overall verdict until now: very positive results. I am praying God to make this permanent.
John_bb

Day 3 of Metrio....rinse

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:40 am
by john_bb
Hi all,
Even today I got few responses from people. They moved away...So now I conclude that Metronidazole rinse didnt take away my BB completely.
This is all premature...Let me use it for few more days...
I will update you all....

on day 5

Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:47 pm
by john_bb
My flosses are not smelling bad...Thats a good sign. My morning breath is completely under control. White tongue persists.
I will stop rinsing with Listerine zero from today. I think it is drying my mouth...
John_bb

on Day 6

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:53 pm
by john_bb
6 days ago I started using Metronidazole as a mouth wash....

Things are better. However the problem is not yet completely gone. My breath is far far fresher...I am still getting responses from people...
After I stopped using mouthwashes the white coating on my tongue has become relatively less. It is just appearing on the back of my tongue.

Now I am brushing 3-4 times a day, 2 flossings and 3 Metronidazole rinses

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:34 am
by bb dave
Hi John, been reading your thread with interest, any update? Do you think metronidazole improved your bb? Did you continue using it or stopped using it? Is this safe to use on a prolonged basis? Is there any negative effects on the prolonged use of Metronidazole as mouthrinse?

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:21 pm
by john_bb
bb dave wrote:Hi John, been reading your thread with interest, any update? Do you think metronidazole improved your bb? Did you continue using it or stopped using it? Is this safe to use on a prolonged basis? Is there any negative effects on the prolonged use of Metronidazole as mouthrinse?
Metro rinse failed in my case too. I can confidently say that if you have a very important meeting/ date you can try metro rinse. Long term use is not recommended as it is an antibiotic and the bacteria in the mouth can develop immunity.
ahhhh one more flop.....sorry but true

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:01 pm
by bb dave
Sorry to hear that. Thanks a lot for the reply. Was thinking about trying it but maybe not.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:44 pm
by john_bb
bb dave wrote:Sorry to hear that. Thanks a lot for the reply. Was thinking about trying it but maybe not.
Hey Dave just give it a shot. There are cases when metro rinse worked....