Page 1 of 2

we met up in LA. pls join us!!!!!

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:26 am
by missjj
Hello fellow sufferers. Myself and fyl met for lunch and a movie!! We were able to sit down and share our experiences, challenges, and different attempts of treatment. it was such a liberating experience to speak and be free of worries and judgement. We also ordered whatever we felt like and took the opportunity to test our breaths. We had so much fun we decided to catch a movie. The interesting part is that we were unable to smell one another!! Fyl's theory is that we may be producing same or similar order and is immuned. Mind you, we ate protien, carbs, sugar..the works and....nothing....weird!! We want to reach out to the rest of the community and say, hey, we are all sufferers but we are the most normal people that do really normal things. We would like to expand our support group and help each other cope. We understand that its very nervewracking and scary because we don't want to reveal and expose our identities but we agreed to keep all information confidential. We plan on meeting at least once a month to provide each other support. Pls join us!!!

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:19 pm
by john_bb
glad that you met...We should some how convey the general public that not everyone suffers from BB because of bad hygiene. We have to convey them that we are more diligent in hygiene aspect but have a wicked curse of BB.

I think that most ppl are annoyed with ppl with BB just because they think that BB is because of poor hygiene. We should meet up in big groups to discuss our problems, increase confidence, share our experiences and convey people that we are similar to physically challenged ppl and do not fall in to ppl with bad hygiene...

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:37 pm
by potty_mouth
That's great missjj! A very positive thread starter.
We should all be reaching out to our BB neighbours!
I really feel like I have no-one to get honest feedback from so you are lucky to have each other. Interesting that you both couldn't smell each other though... maria from Mebo has said the same about tmau sufferers.
Did you sit near other people at the movies and check for reactions?
Maybe you were both having good days because you were so relaxed, or you just have the same smell and so can't detect each other? :-k
But if I ever get another trip to LA I will drop you a line for sure!

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:07 pm
by missjj
John,

We discussd how good our hygiene were. Of course, most sufferers know that their hygiene is good becuz we are so concerned about it, we are always cleaning our mouths. If it were any other situation, I would have tried to brush my teeth after my meal but I decided to give fyl the f ull force :o but he reported nothing. We also discussed the possibility of creating a real support group where we can really share.

Pottymouth,

We sat near others and no reactions. Not sure if I was having a good day or simply felt more comfortable, but I didn't feel any different. Please contact us if you ever are in the area. We really want to meet up with more sufferers and use one another as tools to fight this battle. Oh, one last thing, we both noticed reactions from the server taking our food:/ I was the one who ordered.

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 am
by fyl
This was my first time meeting someone with bb, and it was definitely an eye opener. Missjj pretty much has all bases covered, so I'll keep this post short. If you're in LA, please, let us know! You will not regret it.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:42 am
by happylife05
Nicee!! ... Please continue these... I'm in Broomfield CO, i'll join when i'm there.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 am
by 2ndbanana
I hope this is the start for US meet up like the one they do in London, by the way did you two chat first or maybe see each other on webcam before the meet up or you just went for it. Looks like you two had a date dinner/lunch then a movie, I'm jealous. I will think about going to one of this LA meet up. If we can get more people to commit this is good for us, make some new friends. So if you're in LA, near LA or want to visit LA you all should sign up for this one, no more hiding.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:20 pm
by missjj
Hi banana. We exchanged email then phone numbers. Then one day we decided to meet at a restaurant. However, webcam sounds like a good idea. I will set one up if more people are interested. If not to meet then maybe just chat. I know it probably sounds like a date but it was not like that at all. I think we were just so comfortable that we just said to ourselves, why not. Now, I do think that people can find love on this site. Anything us possible but our main goal was to really provide and give support because everyday is a battle for me. I am engaged(with someone else not fyl) and I still feel lonely all the time. What I really got out of the meet up is that it helped my mental health. I felt normal. Our meeting wad not at all scientific although we did our own observations. It was more a friendly give. I went in non judgemental and trusted that I won't be judged.

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:31 am
by heregoesnothing
I'd love to have a meet up in the Atlanta area but it seems that I'm the only one suffering from bb around here. :(

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:33 am
by missjj
HGN, I would love to meet up with u if I'm ever in your town:)

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:02 am
by tamacun
heregoesnothing wrote:I'd love to have a meet up in the Atlanta area but it seems that I'm the only one suffering from bb around here. :(
nope, there are several member from atlanta.

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:55 am
by missjj
Atlantic members. Pls meet and support one another!!!

Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:56 am
by glamourgirl05
Miss jj sounds great too bad I am not from cali...I find it real interesting howw you all couldn't detect each others bb

Posted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:18 am
by heregoesnothing
missjj wrote:HGN, I would love to meet up with u if I'm ever in your town:)
That would be awesome! Looking forward to finally making some friends :D

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:57 am
by dragonbreath
Are you guys still meeting up? I'm in San Jose, but would be interested in driving to LA to meet with you guys.