Your Email Address:

First Name:

gargaling using hydrogen peroxide

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
kite

gargaling using hydrogen peroxide

Post by kite »

Hi i have BB since 32 yrs ..i have bben gargaling using hydrogen peroxide not 50% diluted since it doesn't help me much , But with only 30% diluted & i gargle it for atleast 5 mins. This keeps me going bb free for atleast 8 hours ( i am sure i am bb free during that time since people would sit close tome & can talk :) )
Is it ok to gargle with this kind of mixed hydrogen peroxide, does it have any problem/ side effects.. please advise
tired of thisBB .. hope we find the solution soon.
:-&

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I don't know if there are clinical tests showing it, but the idea around here is that repeated use of hydrogen peroxide in the mouth will dry it out and do some damage to your mouth and tongue.

If I were you though, and I was getting great results like that, I'd keep doing it.

Maybe you can give your mouth time to recover by only doing this gargle on days you feel it's absolutely necessary. If you're going to be alone all day, give your mouth time to recover instead.
Breathless
Total Newbie

Post by Breathless »

Peroxide doesnt work for me. First I gargle with it, then dip my toothbrush in it and brush my tongue a few times and scrap the white gunk. Using the lick test i cant detect any smell in the tongue after doing this, but there is a kind of bad taste in the far back of the mouth. People react to my breath just the same.
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

breathless,
that's exactly what i found after using 3% hydrogen peroxide for a couple of days. tongue seemed to be cleaner and less smelly but back of the throat had a terrible taste and seemed to be stinky. still got reactions.
kite, is it still working for you?
maybe it works for those who only have odour from the mouth not throat. but beware, it is an irritant. This from the EU public health website: "Tests to assess the effect of hydrogen peroxide on mucous membranes in the mouth revealed that solutions containing about 1% hydrogen peroxide dripped continuously onto the gums and tongue of anaesthetised dogs caused the gums to swell and the outer layer of the gums to thicken and come off."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic