Page 1 of 2

Nose odour gone and less pnd

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 pm
by jen
I have noticed for a week now that my nose odour has disappeared. Been waiting for it to come back, but nothing as yet. It feels good!

My hoarseness is also gone and saliva is not as thick. I no longer feel that lump in my throat all the time. Smell from the back of my throat is also less horrible.

It must be either the psyllium husk or the 5-HTP supplement that did the trick, since I started using them together just more than a week ago. I also started Omega 3 and calcium then. At the moment I am taking these, together with milk thistle and probiotics for the gut. (These I have been taking for longer without much noticeable effect, except that the coating on my tongue has more or less disappeared. The smell didn't disappear though.)

My nose odour was really bad, I could smell it when I brought my hand up to my nose.

Even though I had some drinks over the weekend, it didn't come back, so I thought it may be safe to tell you all about it now.

I still feel the bb in the mouth, but overall I feel so much better. Less congested and just less smelly. I'll have to wait and see though. I hate that placebo effect, but usually that didn't last for so long, maybe 2 or 3 days.

nose odor

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:19 pm
by deebo
when yu say nose odor do you mean from deep in the sinus ? or just inside the nose ? its odd that you smell it when you put your hand to your nose.

I have been having an odd sinus odor off and on for a year . I only smell it upon waking .I think i get used to it after 10 or so minutes then can't smell it after that til the next day . It doesn't realy smell like BB tho . More of a non organic smell to me.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:30 pm
by jen
Deebo, I never really had sinus. I don't know what causes the nose odour, but it was like shit.

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:38 pm
by deebo
jen wrote:Deebo, I never really had sinus. I don't know what causes the nose odour, but it was like shit.
you mean on the outside of the nose ?

Posted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:40 pm
by clara0
Hey Jen , that is great :)
HTTP supplement has worked for you like it did for Ahmad by increasing serotonin in your body, I am curious to know what happens if you stop taking it.

5-HTP works in the brain and central nervous system by increasing the production of the chemical serotonin. Serotonin can affect sleep, appetite, temperature, sexual behavior, and pain sensation. Since 5-HTP increases the synthesis of serotonin, it is used for several diseases where serotonin is believed to play an important role including depression, insomnia, obesity, and many other conditions.


5-HTP is POSSIBLY UNSAFE for use. There is concern that it can cause a serious side effect called eosinophilia myalgia syndrome. Some people think this side effect is only caused by a contaminant in some 5-HTP products; but there is not enough scientific evidence to know if it is caused by 5-HTP, a contaminant, or some other factor. Until more is known, 5-HTP should be avoided.

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplemen ... Name=5-HTP

Posted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:29 am
by jen
Deebo, it definitely came from inside (intestines) or maybe the throat. I could sometimes smell it if I put my hand up like a barrier in front of my nostrils. I just caught a whiff of something real bad. I couldn't smell it all the time.

Clara, thanks - I wonder why potential good things must always turn out to be bad for you. I will reduce the dosage from the recommended 2 tablets to 1 tablet per day. However, I wonder if 5-HTP can really work so fast? In one week? Maybe the psyllium husk has something more to do with it, cleansing me out. I have irritable bowel syndrome and felt much less uncomfortable since I started using psyllium.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:33 pm
by MissPretty
Jen, have your bad breath come back?

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:06 pm
by hali_grl
this post gives me so much hope for the 5htp among many things ive ordered. I have to say that i have a bad high feeling like someone described it. Like I'm sleepy but too alert to go to sleep. Maybe I'm not use to this feeling because ive been fatigued for years like in a daze but now i feel clear minded like clarity. Idk hard to explain

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:03 pm
by MissPretty
Hali_grl, I understand exactly what you mean. 5HTP is great! It will be both happy and spirited out of it. Before I started taking the tablets, I was always tired and depressed, but now it feels like I have become like another person. Sorry for my bad english by the way.

Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:09 pm
by deebo
hali_grl wrote:this post gives me so much hope for the 5htp among many things ive ordered. I have to say that i have a bad high feeling like someone described it. Like I'm sleepy but too alert to go to sleep. Maybe I'm not use to this feeling because ive been fatigued for years like in a daze but now i feel clear minded like clarity. Idk hard to explain
Have you tried tryptophan or even GABA ? For me ,they seemed to have less strange effects . There is also 5htpTM(time released) . With many of these neural chemicals , one should experience less side effects by ramping up slowly . If it doesn't seem work well or at all, one should also ramp down slowly I'd say.
--------------
skype 'skunkhugs'

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:28 am
by hali_grl
deebo
no this is my 1st time on any serontonin or mood imbalance supplements so i guess i just didn't know what to expect. The side effects aren't bad actually i feel unfoggy and very clear which i just am not use to.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:48 am
by jen
MissPretty and hali_girl, sorry I seemed to have missed these replies. No, my nasal odour is definitely still gone (I used to get a whiff of a shit smell when I put my hand up to my nose, but I don't get that anymore), but I have stopped using the 5htp long ago and it was actually psyllium husk which helped with my IBS that got rid of that.

I stopped using 5htp, because there are some uncertainty as to whether it can be harmful to your health. (See Clara's posts) However, the bb is still very strong (I think it's like a cloud around me) and my mood is so unbearably low that I will have to start using 5htp again, praying that it will make me feel better. The emotional pain of interacting with other people gets so bad these days that I can't function properly, I want to die. So, it is either anti-depressants of which I am terrified, or 5htp.

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:54 am
by deebo
jen wrote:...I stopped using 5htp, because there are some uncertainty as to whether it can be harmful to your health. (See Clara's posts)..... So, it is either anti-depressants of which I am terrified, or 5htp.
Jen , 5htp is only 1 of many .Here are 2 pages of supplements for anxiety http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/forum/f56/
You can read the user reviews on each .

Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:21 pm
by hali_grl
Ok i feel as though my bb is gone I have not tested it out in public but i ordered pizza today usually the delivery guys stand away from the door but today the guy stood right in front of my door way. I started talking to see a reaction and got none. :D I'm not sure it's the 5htp but I really think it's the swedish bitters and aloe juice maybe even the bioallers. My feces don't have an odor thats usually the best inclination for me that my digestion is improving. I don't want to jump to conclusions by saying I'm cured or give it a thumbs up just yet. We'll see I'll keep you posted.........

Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:20 am
by seanlee1980
hali_grl wrote:Ok i feel as though my bb is gone I have not tested it out in public but i ordered pizza today usually the delivery guys stand away from the door but today the guy stood right in front of my door way. I started talking to see a reaction and got none. :D I'm not sure it's the 5htp but I really think it's the swedish bitters and aloe juice maybe even the bioallers. My feces don't have an odor thats usually the best inclination for me that my digestion is improving. I don't want to jump to conclusions by saying I'm cured or give it a thumbs up just yet. We'll see I'll keep you posted.........
It's probably the serotonin supplements. When I first took serotonin supplements, my bb was gone for about a week. Then it gradually came back. Maybe for me, I have multiple factors causing bad breath.