THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Candida Rx & Diet?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Candida Rx & Diet?

Post by hali_grl »

I just wanted to know has anyone done the candida diet along with taken candida rx's (not natural antifungal) to try to rid there bb? I've read post on here where members have tried fluconazole or other candida rx's but didn't do the diet with it i don't think and it didnt improve their bb but from my understanding even when doing the medication route u still have to do the diet. I read one member who took diflucan for candida along w/ the diet was cured in two weeks. I ask this bc the natural route takes too long in my opinion I want to be cured before the holidays (wishful thinking) O:) .
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Hali_grl which member are you referring to?
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

keeptrying09
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

KT09's esophegal candidiasis was cleared after he was prescribed fluconazole after having it diagnosed whilst undergoing a stomach endoscopy.

Prior to this he had been on long term omeprazole use, which can occasionally cause this type of infection. Omeprazole is a PPI, which means it reduces the production of stomach acid. Omeprazole is also known to cause various lung infections too, for the same reason.

Esophegal candidiasis can be caused by immunological reasons too.

KT09 cut out certain foods like bread and mushrooms and made his own probiotic yoghurts to try to keep the infection from reappearing. It would be good to hear how he's getting on.

Hali_grl, you need to get tested for helicobacter. If it's going to be a while until you get health cover, you should try to obtain a self testing kit somehow. They are very reliable and very low cost.
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

I tried candida diet myself twice but It did not work for me, many of the foods that are allowed in candida diet give me horrible bb like eggs, fish etc. Finally I ended up eating 100% cooked vegetarian (without any animal food of course) and I became weaker and weaker everyday.At that time I was also taking natural anti-fugal stuff. So I switched to raw vegan diet and added sweet fruits back and it is working for my bb. (but not for the bones and teeth). So it seems that though my bb gets worse after eating sweet things, my problem is not 100% candida related.Maybe I have both candida and other bacterias problem. :roll:
My bb also disappears when I take antibiotics or natural antibiotic stuff, so it cannot be only yeast.
User avatar
hali_grl
Sheriff
Posts: 462
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:04 am

Post by hali_grl »

clara
those foods eggs & seafood are rich in choline which can make bb worse if u have tmau. have u been tested? to me natural antifungals are great but i feel as though they can be a hit or miss due to candida growing resistance. same w/ the candda diet like somene has said as long as u have blood in your body the candida has a food supply by robbing red blood cells of iron so i dnt think diet alone will work not for everyone very hit or miss.

sux
keeptrying is on another candida forum and he said he had bb caused by the candida since he was 6 or 7 yrs old. Actually if he was taking ppi's im assuming it was bc of acid reflux which can also be a symptom of candida. Your right along w/ ordering rx's im also going to order a hp self test kit their on ebay for about $7.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

His BB when he was 6 or 7 years old might have been due to unrelated issues, just as they were in my case.

He didnt know he had candidiasis of the esophagus (or any other type of candidiasis) until his endoscopy discovered it there.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

My point about the omeprazole is that his lowered acid production may have caused his esophegal candidiasis. The reason I mentioned it is that you suspect that you are not producing enough acid either, and there may be some kind of connection between lower than normal stomach acid levels and forms of candidiasis.

I have no idea how candida would cause low stomach acid levels? What sort of candida infection do you mean?
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Btw, steroid medication and steroid type nasal sprays, can allow fungal overgrowth in the mouth, throat etc. Lots of people use these types of meds and may not realise the connection.
clara0
Master
Posts: 215
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by clara0 »

hali_grl wrote:clara
those foods eggs & seafood are rich in choline which can make bb worse if u have tmau. have u been tested? to me natural antifungals are great but i feel as though they can be a hit or miss due to candida growing resistance. same w/ the candda diet like somene has said as long as u have blood in your body the candida has a food supply by robbing red blood cells of iron so i dnt think diet alone will work not for everyone very hit or miss.

sux
keeptrying is on another candida forum and he said he had bb caused by the candida since he was 6 or 7 yrs old. Actually if he was taking ppi's im assuming it was bc of acid reflux which can also be a symptom of candida. Your right along w/ ordering rx's im also going to order a hp self test kit their on ebay for about $7.
The thing is I get bb after eating any cooked food, no matter it is a simple vegetable soup or meat etc...But I totally agree with you, I have been on meat,eggs, dairy free almost raw vegan diet for a year now , but still my bb comes back like before when I eat out of the diet, and I lost several teeth and have already joint problems because of restrictions...sigh.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗