Page 1 of 1

BB sucks

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:19 am
by stulla
Hi I am new to this forum.I decided to join this forum because I saw people who have similar problems like me and I am lonely.Well here is my story.

My BB started in the spring of 2009 while I was a junior in high school. I became aware after my friends and the people in my high school started to rub their nose when ever I came around. This led me to go to visit my doctor who did a pyshical(blood test also) and saw that my right nostril was inflamed along with low Vitamin D from the blood test.She gave me Vitamin D pills but nothing changed. I then went to see an ENT who said the inflamition was allergies(BSI dont have that) and gave me nasal spray.That also didnt change anything.I then went to see my dentist to see if he could find what was wrong.He said he didnt smell anything and everyting looked fine.One month later I started to have constipation, bowel changes, and reflux. After staring to experience these syptoms I went to see a GI doctor in July of 2009 who performed an endoscopy and found H Pylori. He gave my a triple antibiotic treatment but after I finished the BB was still there. During the summer time I began staying inside and began avioding my friends(only saw my gf at that time).I ended up breaking up with my GF beacuse I felt the BB was driving us apart.Spetember came around and the GI doctor told me to get a barrium enema which showed abnormalties.That then led to a clonscopy which ended up showing nothing. After the test I then told my Mom that I could not go back to school because I was too embarresed. I ended up not going to school for my senior year. In September 2010 I got the courage to go night school to get my GED(luckily I had enough credits that I only had to go for the first semister). During that time the people in my class hated me because I didnt have to talk and they would smell the BB. I ended up seeing a new GI who did blood tests,barium swallow,gastric empty, a next endscopy, and a breath test. The breath test came back with small bacterial overgowth and i was given anitbiotics but that did not help.Results from the barium swallow showed a little reflux and a possible hernia but the enscopy showed there was none.The GI told me to to go see a new ENT beacuse my nostril looked like I had chronic sinusitis.The ENT said it look like scarring( I dont think he cared).I also have tried Smart Mouth but it doenst work.I brush my teeth and ten minutes later the bad taste and smell is back.The same results happen with listerine, gums and mints.

FF to Present:
Currently I am 20 years old and just stay home(Do P90X to stay active) because everywhere I go it just the same reaction from people. I was suppose to start college last month but I could not because I am just too embarassed and depressed.Every day I wake up feeling sad and suicidal beacause I cant get rid of this problem.My mom know I have the problem and understand(trying her best to find answers) but my step dad is being affected by me staying home. I want to go back out into the world so bad and get a job, go to school and work to get my dream job but this seem like a curse that wont go a way.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:16 pm
by lost1234
Hey man im from jersey also. And this definetly sucks. If your ever interested and would like to meet up and try to figure this shit out, im down. It may be awkward, but what the hell do we got to lose.

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:11 pm
by potty_mouth
Hi stulla,
first of all, welcome. It's a horrible thing to happen at such a crucial time in your life. Hang in there.
Secondly, a few things you said seem like they need further investigation. Has the H. pylori been eradicated?
What abnormalities did your barium enema show up? This is very interesting.. I know the colonoscopy showed up nothing but there must be a reason for the barium enema thing. There has been a recent thread about ileocecal valve failure, and some discussion about "leaky gut" in the past - but no-one has ever had any evidence of either. Maybe you do! I'd try another GI doctor if you can.
Did they ever re-test you to make sure the SIBO had gone? Needs to be checked.
The barium swallow showed reflux, but the endoscopy didn't... the endoscopy would be done after fasting so the doctor is just looking for redness from reflux. If he doesn;t see that, he still has to offer an explanation for the barium swallow. Could it have been a Zenker's diverticulum that he misinterpreted? Needs re-checking
Also the chronic sinusitis thing is interesting. Did the doc say why your nostril made him think you had it?
I think you have a lot to go on. More than most of us here... good luck

Posted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:41 pm
by stulla
Hey Lost.
Cool to see a person from jersey in here. Shoot me a pm.

Hey PM.

After the H Pylori treatment, I did a stool test and they said it was gone. The barium enema report said there was mucosal thickening in the duodenal sweep and terminal ileum but no evidence of ulceration.In regars to the SIBO I did not do a re test and I am now consedering do one now that you mentioned it.I have recently been in contact with the GI via email and asked him about the reflux but he says its not that bad. He was convinced its a ENT problem because during the endcopy he went up in my nostril area, said it looked inflammed and showed signs of chronic sinustis.I did a ct scan of sinus but it was normal.As you said though some of the things need further investigation and I hope to do more tests and get ideas from here. Thanks for support man!

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:02 am
by skunkhugs
Reading your story is hella sobering . I'm about to go through the same back and forth with doctors I think . Starting with sinus and upper respiratory . Curious if you met with Lost1234 . Could you sense the odor of each other ? Can your Mom and step Dad ?

I will say that if you have support (gf, parents,friend,..) that aren't worried about your bb issue ,try and let them in . Many of us deal with this on own .Its very lonely . If there was 1 thing I'd ask for 1st ,its Loving support to deal with this. There are friends that are there for you and I don't mean just feeling sorry for you. I mean to enjoy this life with .

Seuss mantra I Try to keep in my head "those that matter don't mind, those who mind don't matter" . Now I (we) just need some folks that don't mind 8)

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:26 am
by stulla
skunkhugs wrote:Reading your story is hella sobering . I'm about to go through the same back and forth with doctors I think . Starting with sinus and upper respiratory . Curious if you met with Lost1234 . Could you sense the odor of each other ? Can your Mom and step Dad ?

I will say that if you have support (gf, parents,friend,..) that aren't worried about your bb issue ,try and let them in . Many of us deal with this on own .Its very lonely . If there was 1 thing I'd ask for 1st ,its Loving support to deal with this. There are friends that are there for you and I don't mean just feeling sorry for you. I mean to enjoy this life with .

Seuss mantra I Try to keep in my head "those that matter don't mind, those who mind don't matter" . Now I (we) just need some folks that don't mind 8)
Hi skunk hugs.

I have not met up with lost yet be we communicate regularly. My mom and Step Dad do sense it.You are right about the support I am very happy I have mom that supports as for my ex gf and friends I havent spoken to them in 2 years lol. Im have appointment to see a new doc in 2 weeks and plan to do blood work,blood culture, testing for h pylori and all the other stuff i didnt retest for. I like that saying you qouted it is so true. I really hope that you will not have to go through what I went through with the doctors and find a solution to this problem that we have.