Page 1 of 1
Recovery after wisdom teeth extraction
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:21 am
by john_bb
Hi folks,
I am slowly recovering from the wisdom teeth extraction surgery...I am not sure about how many days it will take....
One of my sockets is still bleeding and has been a source of blood breath from my mouth. These are my observations in the past few days
GOOD ONES
1) No morning breath at all
2) Floss smell nothing
BAD ONES
3) Occasional BB due to bleeding
4) Horribly black and white coated tongue (may be due to antibiotics...I even suspect this tongue for the leftover BB).
Can some one tell me about when will this bleeding stop?? and when shall I start living a new life??
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:47 am
by paul
i had all four out, lower 2 impacted, made no difference at all...
Posted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:27 am
by john_bb
paul wrote:i had all four out, lower 2 impacted, made no difference at all...
Hey Paul...
How many days did it bleed for you...Did you not observe a single benefit??
Do you have PND or any other Gastrointes... prob?? How does your breath smell??
John
Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:47 am
by paul
It took many days for bleeding to stop all together, then lightly brushing around the sockets made them bleed more. The loser dentist forgot to give me antibiotics so may of taken a few weeks before my mouth functioned again. I m sure i have slight PND but I think that my tongue harbors most of the bacteria that make the smell, if food/drink, or mucus from PND go on my tongue its only a matter of time before BB is back. heavy tongue scraping and biotene enzyme spray are my best results to date, I have spent thousands on this and a $5 tongue scraper and $12 spray works the best.
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:36 am
by hope4now
I had my 4 wisdom teeth out last year. Didn't help my breath. I don't remember how long it took to recover, but I think it was months before the sockets filled in. Had to keep irrigating them every night with a syringe to get food particles out. The pain was gone after a week or two. Be careful not to drink with a straw as a vacuum can reopen the blood clot that forms over the socket.
My recently removed tonsils seem to be the primary bb cause for me. Have to wait until they fully heal to be sure, but so far it looks promising. My tongue is a lot pinker than before even after drinking coffee.
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:16 am
by missjj
Congrats hfn. I hope this is the answer for u:)
Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 pm
by john_bb
I am still recovering and the results have been positive until now. But it is too premature to conclude anything right now... It is my 12th day after surgery and will try to update you folks after 10 more days. I am still bleeding during nights and bleeding is certainly causing BB. But the smell of this is different from the smell of my old BB. I was on antibiotics for the first 10 days so I need few more days to confirm weather my BB is gone or not.

I am really anxious and praying hard
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 am
by mike987
Wishful thinking is the best you can do. Just stay positive I guess.
I really hope this did it for you.