inbetween your teeth?
I normally brush my teeth first and then floss, and I've noticed that when I floss between each tooth it's odorless, except for one tooth.
Whenever I stick the floss inbetween it and smell it, it smells like feces. It reminds me of how tonsil stones smell. It's always between that one tooth. The other teeth never smell that way when I floss.
Is anybody else having this problem?
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Does anyone ever floss and have a horrible smell...
- coconuthead
- Advanced
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
- Gender:
-
emotional rescue
- Sheriff
- Posts: 450
- Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am
I got the exact same issue. Only in one mollar that has a porcelain crown. It's my only fixed tooth.
It has like a dark line between the gum line and the crown, and when I floss i can stick the floss quite deep under the crown,
I wonder how much influence does this have on my breath.
Anyone else has this problem?
It has like a dark line between the gum line and the crown, and when I floss i can stick the floss quite deep under the crown,
I wonder how much influence does this have on my breath.
Anyone else has this problem?
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Re: Does anyone ever floss and have a horrible smell...
Back when I had tonsil (and stones) and I didn't floss every single day, I used to have this often.coconuthead wrote:inbetween your teeth?
I normally brush my teeth first and then floss, and I've noticed that when I floss between each tooth it's odorless, except for one tooth.
Whenever I stick the floss inbetween it and smell it, it smells like feces. It reminds me of how tonsil stones smell. It's always between that one tooth. The other teeth never smell that way when I floss.
Is anybody else having this problem?
I bet if I still didn't floss every day, I'd probably get it.
- coconuthead
- Advanced
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
- Gender:
Re: Does anyone ever floss and have a horrible smell...
It's funny because I floss everyday. Sometimes only once, but I do manage floss my teeth everyday, and inbetween that one tooth always smell bad. I could brush my teeth and not eat anything, and hours later stick a toothpick inbetween that tooth and smell the toothpick and that smell is there.mike987 wrote:Back when I had tonsil (and stones) and I didn't floss every single day, I used to have this often.coconuthead wrote:inbetween your teeth?
I normally brush my teeth first and then floss, and I've noticed that when I floss between each tooth it's odorless, except for one tooth.
Whenever I stick the floss inbetween it and smell it, it smells like feces. It reminds me of how tonsil stones smell. It's always between that one tooth. The other teeth never smell that way when I floss.
Is anybody else having this problem?
I bet if I still didn't floss every day, I'd probably get it.
Get that tooth seriously looked at. Have the doc clean your teeth, then floss there a little later and see that it's not clean.
I don't want to rush to conclusions, because maybe that tooth is just trapping what's already in your mouth (bacteria) coming from somewhere else, but if I were you, I'd probably get that tooth removed, out of desperation.
Try soaking that tooth area in hydrogen peroxide for a few minutes, just to see if it kills the stink on that area.
I don't want to rush to conclusions, because maybe that tooth is just trapping what's already in your mouth (bacteria) coming from somewhere else, but if I were you, I'd probably get that tooth removed, out of desperation.
Try soaking that tooth area in hydrogen peroxide for a few minutes, just to see if it kills the stink on that area.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.