Page 1 of 1

Educating Dental Practitioners this month NOVEMBER 2011

Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:16 pm
by malory
We know that many sufferers of systemic odour conditions have bloodbourne halitosis and/or TMAU. It would be a good idea to target dental organisations to raise awareness of these conditions so that people can be directed to the support networks they need and not waste time and money going to ‘specialists’ (Jimi has named some scammers) who claim they can cure halitosis. Please e-mail the contacts below with a brief account of your experiences (how severely the condition affects your life, frustrations at looking for cures etc) and perhaps paste in the MEBO Research international petition link also so that the extent of the problem can be appreciated by the recipient.

This is a list of British contacts but it would be great to make this an international effort. I will happily e-mail any US, Australian or other contacts people know of.

[email protected] (British Dental Association)
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected] (Faculty of General Dental Practice)
[email protected] (British Association of Dental Nurses)
online form to be submitted at www.General Dental Council
online form to be submitted at www.British Dental Health Foundation
online form to be submitted at www.NHS Choices
online form to be submitted at www.British Association of Dental Therapists

The link below is a petition created by the registered charity MEBO Research which can be signed online to help raise awareness of the condition internationally.
http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... nding.html

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:29 pm
by malory
I have already had some replies from the people above. Most encouraging were Allan Reid at BDA who said he would be happy to raise awareness of sytemic/bloodbourne haitosis 'in the future' so perhaps reinforcement e-mails to him would bring that future closer. I did stress that many of us are exploited by so-called 'halitosis experts' which affects our psychological health as well as our pockets!
[email protected]
Also, British Assoc of dental Nurses are considering an article I wrote for them for their journal.
All small steps but steady progress. :)

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:40 pm
by deebo
Mal .
I will try and post a US list of Dental organisations akin to yours .
This is really a way to get this ball rolling with good momentum .

Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:51 pm
by malory
thanks to all who contributed to this campaign.
The British Dental Association responded well and said they will happily disseminate info about TMAU to all dentists 'in the future'. I also informed them about other un-named disorders causing bloodborne halitosis and they visited MEBO's blog and posted on there so they are interested.

Small steps but steady progress. we must fight for research into these conditions.

http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... nding.html

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:01 am
by deebo
Hello Malory .
Maybe I could forward your message on to a number of dental organization here in America . If you would ,please forward me your form letter .I'll try and make any fitting changes and fire it off to the list I have .

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:00 am
by malory
will pm you the letter asap.
Were you able to access the channel 4 food hospital programme last night? It was brilliant.

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:18 pm
by deebo
Mal .
I have a list of orgs and people I will be forwarding it to here in the US
Namely my ENT .

Unfortunately I don't have telly ,only net . Can't find it on the Channel 4 site.
Any chance of an upload ?

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:17 am
by ruch
what is blood borne halitosis?