Page 1 of 1

Question

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:17 pm
by MissPretty
My doctor says I have chronic sinusitis. He wants me to continue with Nasonex (so stupid) but what do you think is the best treatment for chronic sinusitis? What can I require of my doctor? Grateful for the response

Posted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:58 pm
by oasis
If you have chronic nasal congestion and/or pressure/pain in the sinus cavities especially felt when leaning forward, the regular treatment initially would be the use of corticosteroid nasal sprays like Nasonex. You might also try saline nasal irrigation and antihistamines (allergy pills).

A Computerized Tomography (CT scan) should reveal any pathological changes including collections of pus I suppose.

A surgical option for chronic sinusitis would be Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS). Tonsillectomy significantly decreased the amount of Post Nasal Drip (PND) for me.

Dairy products are well known to get stuck in the oral cavity and cause thick mucus and also tonsil stones. Maybe there is a connection with symptoms from chronic sinusitis there too.