So I was lactose intolerant...
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:54 am
Hi Guys,
I haven't posted for a while so thought i'd give an update on my BB. I don't suffer from Chronic BB but I do suffer from a sort of intermittent BB that gets worse as the day goes on. I think a lot of people suffer from this who come to this site so I thought it best to share.
I've had the problem on and off for a long time but never really tackled it until I found this site and decided to go for a Oral chromo test to confirm by problem. I was prescribed the usual Dr Katz/speiser stuff which worked for a while but isn't really a cure as most people know. Anyway, when I gave up on that and tried all the things like baking soda. salt etc - all that worked but tasted terrible so I didnt continue.
Someone on here recommended a food intolerance test, now I have a very strong stomach so I thought there's no way im intolerant but i gave it a go. To cut a long story short I tested positive to Milk - I couldn't believe it, I love milk - I drink it all the time with cereal or tea but never associated it with the stomach cramps. I thought the test may of given a false positive so a few weeks later after cutting it out of my diet I decided to have a bowel of cereal, within 30 minutes I had stomach cramps and was on the toilet. I guess it wasn't a false positive after all. And my BB has gone, people may recall I said that my BB disappeared on holiday on a cruise, I think it went as I didn't have cereal or tea whilst on the ship - I tried to work out what I had done differently - now I know. Hope this helps someone.
I haven't posted for a while so thought i'd give an update on my BB. I don't suffer from Chronic BB but I do suffer from a sort of intermittent BB that gets worse as the day goes on. I think a lot of people suffer from this who come to this site so I thought it best to share.
I've had the problem on and off for a long time but never really tackled it until I found this site and decided to go for a Oral chromo test to confirm by problem. I was prescribed the usual Dr Katz/speiser stuff which worked for a while but isn't really a cure as most people know. Anyway, when I gave up on that and tried all the things like baking soda. salt etc - all that worked but tasted terrible so I didnt continue.
Someone on here recommended a food intolerance test, now I have a very strong stomach so I thought there's no way im intolerant but i gave it a go. To cut a long story short I tested positive to Milk - I couldn't believe it, I love milk - I drink it all the time with cereal or tea but never associated it with the stomach cramps. I thought the test may of given a false positive so a few weeks later after cutting it out of my diet I decided to have a bowel of cereal, within 30 minutes I had stomach cramps and was on the toilet. I guess it wasn't a false positive after all. And my BB has gone, people may recall I said that my BB disappeared on holiday on a cruise, I think it went as I didn't have cereal or tea whilst on the ship - I tried to work out what I had done differently - now I know. Hope this helps someone.