Page 1 of 1
How do i know if my bb is getting better???
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:27 am
by ishbee
i have theories about my bb, and i must start attacking it! i hate it!! but how do i know if what im doing is helping? ive heard of halimeters. do they work? does anyone here own one?
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:21 am
by hali_grl
i don't own the meter but i think the best indicator is people's reactions not just one person but the public's reactions when you speak around them. Looking back before I knew I had chronic bb I now recognize the funny looks and peculiar behavior I was getting.
This may sound crazy but I can tell my bb is bad when I gargle with water real hard at the back of my throat I can smell it faintly and tell just how bad it is.
Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:11 pm
by deebo
hali_grl wrote:i don't own the meter but i think the best indicator is people's reactions not just one person but the public's reactions when you speak around them. Looking back before I knew I had chronic bb I now recognize the funny looks and peculiar behavior I was getting.
This may sound crazy but I can tell my bb is bad when I gargle with water real hard at the back of my throat I can smell it faintly and tell just how bad it is.
HG . i was eating lunch at work in my car today , Your cat & cube icon popped into my head . Just then I got it . the Epic puzzle of BB . I had a genuine good laugh when it dawned on me .
When I gargle or swish water at the back of the mouth and sense something foul ,its always ended up being a stone .When its finally clear ,the foul taste is gone . Unfortunately the reactions of horror aren't .
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:40 am
by ishbee
looking back i too have realized that bb has been going on for quite some time now.
rather than taking notes on the disgusted look on peoples faces when i talk close to them, i want an actual reading of my bad breath so i can tell if i am making any progress. it is so frustrating not being able to smell your own breath. sometimes i think i can.. but really i think its just my imagination putting that scent there.
as for the whole cat playing with the rubiks cube- i think comparing it to our bb struggle is a little too in depth, but i like it. its a cute avatar.
Re: How do i know if my bb is getting better???
Posted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:02 pm
by deebo
ishbee wrote:i have theories about my bb, and i must start attacking it! i hate it!! but how do i know if what im doing is helping? ive heard of halimeters. do they work? does anyone here own one?
Menssana has a machine that is said to be far more sensitive and accurate than the halimeter .
http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... study.html
You should check MEBO to see if there is a machine in your area . It could possibly help tell you the source/cause of odors .