Page 1 of 2
rottening cells.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:14 am
by vanja
I have suffered from bb as long as i can remember, and it has effected my life more than I like to think about. So glad when i found this forum today. I believe the smell comes from my tongue. Its coated,and its impossible to scrape "the cells" totally away. And after maybe 24 hours its fully coated again. Smelling like feces. Not even brushing my teeth and tongue will cover the smell. 14 years ago I read in a magazine about DR.Israel, he had a theori about rottening cells on the tongue. That it was cell death.I have not found anything of this theory on internet. But I do believe thats the source of my problem. Anybody having it like me? I live in Norway, and have not found anyone who can deal with my kind of halitosis here. I hope this page is a start out of this problem. Anyway, finding this side, I dont have to feel so alone about it.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:20 am
by DK3790
yea my problem is somethin similar to this, except idk how to cure it lol if I did i would not be on this forums

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:32 am
by noptical
Welcome to bbh vanja (privet?)
Actually that's everyones problem :p Most of the users here have that white coating and pnd.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:13 am
by vanja
noptical wrote:Welcome to bbh vanja (privet?)
Actually that's everyones problem :p Most of the users here have that white coating and pnd.
pnd? whats that
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:00 am
by waitingforrelief
welcome.
pnd is post nasal drip.
i totally understand. i have that problem too. i hate that tainted feeling of brushing and scraping and gargling and rinsing and yet the odor still remains.
do you get the smell between your teeth? i can really smell it when i floss. but only between certain teeth and not others. altho' everyday it's a little different. they move around. or maybe it's just random.
anyway, just wanted to say welcome. and hopefully it'll help you to feel less alone to be amongst fellow sufferers here.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:06 am
by vanja
waitingforrelief wrote:welcome.
pnd is post nasal drip.
i totally understand. i have that problem too. i hate that tainted feeling of brushing and scraping and gargling and rinsing and yet the odor still remains.
do you get the smell between your teeth? i can really smell it when i floss. but only between certain teeth and not others. altho' everyday it's a little different. they move around. or maybe it's just random.
anyway, just wanted to say welcome. and hopefully it'll help you to feel less alone to be amongst fellow sufferers here.
Thanks. No pnd on me, but yes,it smells between every teeth when flossing. I have never been in contact with others with serious bb. So Ifeel quit glad. The worst part is dealing with it psycological. I have my strategies,some not good at all. But hope keeps me up,and this side increases it.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:01 pm
by noptical
I know I'm probably wrong since most of us here visit dentists every 6 months but I know only 4 logical reasons why someone could get smell between his teeth:
- Rotting food between teeth, especially when the gaps between the teeth are very small (unlikely since I'm pretty sure you floss too)
- Gingivitis
- Periodontitis
- Tartar
Have you guys been checked by a dentist for the last three? Because gums cant just smell on their own, there must be some kind of infection or a disease or something.
There's also this other theory, if your saliva smell is the same of that between your teeth, then its probably the saliva that gets between your teeth that gives that smell?
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:11 pm
by austuser
thats interesting. i also get that smell when i floss, not quite a tonsil stone smell, but more the kind of bad breath smell that "healthy" people have when they havent brushed in the morning. But its still strong.
my teeth are VERY close together. Last time i went to the dentist for an all round clean the nurse couldnt even floss me. The floss kept breaking and she got frustrated so i told her not to worry, i'll just do it later. When i do it myself, i go through about a meter of string every time, its ridiculous.
She said my teeth were very healthy and didnt mention any kind of disease.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:40 pm
by waitingforrelief
i dont' think it's my saliva, because it's only between my teeth that smells like that. (or maybe also from the throat - i really don't know what tonsil stones smell like.) when i do the lick test, it's a different smell from my dried saliva. not fecal.
my teeth have always been good - says the dentist. i'm pretty sure it's not a gum disease.
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:51 pm
by DK3790
vanja wrote:waitingforrelief wrote:welcome.
pnd is post nasal drip.
i totally understand. i have that problem too. i hate that tainted feeling of brushing and scraping and gargling and rinsing and yet the odor still remains.
do you get the smell between your teeth? i can really smell it when i floss. but only between certain teeth and not others. altho' everyday it's a little different. they move around. or maybe it's just random.
anyway, just wanted to say welcome. and hopefully it'll help you to feel less alone to be amongst fellow sufferers here.
Thanks. No pnd on me, but yes,it smells between every teeth when flossing. I have never been in contact with others with serious bb. So Ifeel quit glad. The worst part is dealing with it psycological.
I have my strategies,some not good at all. But hope keeps me up,and this side increases it.
what exactly are ur strategies?
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:57 pm
by CyberchndriacNot
before I went on the triple therapy I always had that fecal smell between my teeth when flossing. My teeth are in very good condition. Each time after having my teeth declared sound by my dentist and following a deep cleansing treatment the fecal smell always came back the following day. I knwo it's not teeth - For me I get a feeling that it's coming from my gut / is in my bloodstream / is exhaled via the lungs and is sitting in the saliva and gets in between my teeth. this is despite cleaning and flossing my teeth at least twice a day.
Since coming off the TT and being on the probiotics my BB hasn't come back and my teeth have not been smelly... although others have reported that the BB does come back 2-3 weeks after being on the TT, so I'll wait and see what happens and in the meantime will keep reporting...
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:01 pm
by waitingforrelief
hey cyber, so are you totally bb free now?
what were your symptoms? did you have weird tastes in your mouth? how about other kinds of odor or only fecal?
digestive issues?
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:20 am
by CyberchndriacNot
hey cyber, so are you totally bb free now?
I am at the moment - it's been the first time in my life. My odor disappeared completely on the second day of the triple therapy and I've been BB free for 12 days now. I hesitate to say that it's a cure - as it's way too early. Reading others' posts who have undergone the treatment, the bad bacteria can still colonise and BB can return. I still don't know if the underlying cause is located in the gut, lungs or the mouth. I know it's not the teeth, although the bacteria very quickly colonises in and around the teeth and produces that fecal smell. I had liver tests done before I went on the TT and the doctor said that he'd ring if there was a problem. He hasn't rung so I'm assuming that there are no issues there. Apart from the warfarin I'm taking for the blood clot I got from travelling last year, I have no other health issues. The bad breath has plagued me for as long as I remember. I suspect it probably started when as a child I was prescribed tetracycline for the treatment of chronic bronchitis.
what were your symptoms? did you have weird tastes in your mouth? how about other kinds of odor or only fecal?
It was constant manure breath. Mornings were probably the worst. My room always stunk. I can't believe how sweet-smelling it currently is. The worst time ever in my life that I remember an intense cow paddock smell was whn I was giving birth to my daughter - 18 years ago. The doctors and nurses were running around me and my husband would say that it smells of shit in this labour ward - nobody knew that it was my BB but me! I don't even think my husband who knows I have this chronic problem made the connection. So with the stress of the birth, the additional stress of trying to do something with my breath is forever ingrained in my mind. I was shitting myself - but not literally although the doctors and nurses kept looking for evidence!! How demoralising that was. So I think it's when I'm under stress that the stink worsens. e.g. interviews, being in group situations etc.
During the day I tried to manage the stink as best as I could - it would only mask the smell. It never disappeared. I felt that after eating I experienced temporary relief i.e. 5-10 mins of BB free breath before that warm smelly breath starting wafting out of my mouth and nose and possibly throught the pores of my skin? I don't know. Just before I went on TT I noticed on one occasion when seated at my desk I bent down to pick up paper that had fallen on the floor. Turning my head upside down I got a whiff of ammonia - I was kind of shocked that it could be coming from me. I bent down again and got another whiff. I looked around to see if there were any deposits of anything lying round. There wasn't and I wasn't wetting myself! I picked up my shoe to see if it was smelly; new shoes they were - no smell - so it must've been me. Madness - if anybody was watching me they must've thought I was insane! So it was off to the bathroom yet again, to scrub my teeth and tongue and rinse with clove mouthwash...if only it masked it for another 10 or so minutes...the story of my life...
digestive issues? No never had reflux, except when I was pregnant. I have good regular motions and I watch my diet carefully. I hardly touch junk food or fizzy drinks, don't eat white bread, only rye, although I eat crisps/potato chips, I eat lots of fruit and veg and drink lots of water and herbal teas. My parsley tea 2wice a day helped to mask the problem even if only for a short time. I avoid sugar; rarely eat cakes and biscuits, but I love dark chocolate which doesn't have so much sugar in it. I used to eat loads of protein in meat and lentils, beans etc. Since I've been on the TT I've only sourced my protein from lentils and have avoided meat. Whilst on the TT my motions became very regular (I had to empty myself at least 5 times per day) and I was producing lots of wind. But all that is back to normal now. I'll go once or twice a day now. I'll stay on the probiotics for another month and then reassess the situation.[/quote]
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:11 am
by vanja
DK3790 wrote:vanja wrote:waitingforrelief wrote:welcome.
pnd is post nasal drip.
i totally understand. i have that problem too. i hate that tainted feeling of brushing and scraping and gargling and rinsing and yet the odor still remains.
do you get the smell between your teeth? i can really smell it when i floss. but only between certain teeth and not others. altho' everyday it's a little different. they move around. or maybe it's just random.
anyway, just wanted to say welcome. and hopefully it'll help you to feel less alone to be amongst fellow sufferers here.
Thanks. No pnd on me, but yes,it smells between every teeth when flossing. I have never been in contact with others with serious bb. So Ifeel quit glad. The worst part is dealing with it psycological.
I have my strategies,some not good at all. But hope keeps me up,and this side increases it.
what exactly are ur strategies?
nothing that works.drinking for example. only time i dont worry when being with people. And breath takes up smell from alcohol, so i feel i have a normal excuse for the smell. an other thing is always have chewgum or some other thing in my mouth.avoiding people.I dont have a good strategy.
Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:55 pm
by DK3790
What is TT?