THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Can't believe it's helping...........Please Read
Can't believe it's helping...........Please Read
Ok everyone knows ive been on this site trying any and everything very proactive in my resolve on beating bb. I wasn't just talking about it i was doing it. Well i came to conclusion my digestion was the problem for my bb and after trying acv, digestive enzymes, and bitters i had all but given up until i came across a site written by a doctor saying how he always suggests patients to try using plain white vinegar to cure indigestion. He said that acv was not potent enough and he only reccommends white vinegar. He said to drink it before meals and by itself without diluting it into water. Don't even drink water afterwards until about 30 min. I drink white vinegar periodically throughout the day yesterday and my mouth felt so much fresher breath was way way down. Even drunk some before going to bed this morning i woke up with morning breath I flossed between my teeth to open up the crevices then i put some vinegar in my mouth and brush my teeth as normal with flouride free natural toothpaste holding the vinegar in my mouth as i brushed, spat out and rinsed. Once i was done i even gargled and swallowed with vinegar. I made a big breakfast this morning and swallowed a little more vinegar after eating. That was the last time i used vinegar all day and my mouth feels so fresh. My family came over my house today and as i was talking no one was across the room as normal. my brother was right by me as i was talking to my mother. as if he was trying to sniff out my breath like trying to detect a odor. I've eaten 3 brownies since then and not bitter after taste i usually get from eating sweets. I'm going to keep on taking vinegar but im also going to order some betaine hcl i think my well i know my problem was that i didnt order enough so i had to take less i was up to i think like 10 with out feeling a a burn. So i found my problem
poor digestion due to lack of stomach acid. TI'm not hopping on the this is a cure band wagon yet im going to give it a little longer but i just feel good because now i know my problem. And at least a way to get relief I will keep you all posted.
Well, I hope that's it!
But don't jump to conclusions. Perhaps the fact is that sometimes your breath just isn't so bad.... hormones in the body change often with no apparent reason.
Keep using it and let us know. It's certainly something I'll try as well.
So tell me more about 'white vinegar' and where I can get it.
But don't jump to conclusions. Perhaps the fact is that sometimes your breath just isn't so bad.... hormones in the body change often with no apparent reason.
Keep using it and let us know. It's certainly something I'll try as well.
So tell me more about 'white vinegar' and where I can get it.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
HG, what happens if you just swallow the vinegar as opposed to rinsing it in your mouth? Please don't think i'm being negative, cos this is great if it's proving that you are not producing enough acid in your stomach, but if you are rinsing it in your mouth the improvement might only be because of the action it's having on your oral bacteria - which is good if it works, but the benefits might wear off if that's all that's happening - plus you might eventually get side effects of rinsing with acid, such as irritation to your mouth and throat tissues and damage to your tooth enamel. So, try just swallowing it for a while and if that works consistently then go onto the HCL and get your doctor to persue this with you to get properly diagnosed.
Don't forget that betaine HCL is not the actual source of acid. I cant remember exactly, but it has something to do with either a chemical reaction or it stimulates your stomach into producing acid. But if it doesn't work (like the vinegar does, which is actual acid) then that doesn't mean you haven't found the cause of your problem, it just means that you might still not be producing enough acid.
Doctors generally only concern themselves with too much acid production, because of the serious symptoms that usually go along with that. Not producing enough acid is not taken seriously, but there's no question it can lead to problems that can cause BB.
Don't forget that betaine HCL is not the actual source of acid. I cant remember exactly, but it has something to do with either a chemical reaction or it stimulates your stomach into producing acid. But if it doesn't work (like the vinegar does, which is actual acid) then that doesn't mean you haven't found the cause of your problem, it just means that you might still not be producing enough acid.
Doctors generally only concern themselves with too much acid production, because of the serious symptoms that usually go along with that. Not producing enough acid is not taken seriously, but there's no question it can lead to problems that can cause BB.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
If you read the story about Dr. Marshall, the guy who proved the link between stomach ulcers and infection with helicobacter pylori, his main theory on why he got bad breath when he purposely infected himself with HP was because he believed that it was due to the HP neutralizing his stomach acid - which is actually the mechanism by which it manages to survive.
I'm not saying you have HP, but if you dont happen to be producing enough stomach acid for whatever reason, it's a known fact it can lead to problems that cause BB.
I'm not saying you have HP, but if you dont happen to be producing enough stomach acid for whatever reason, it's a known fact it can lead to problems that cause BB.
mike
white vinegar is just plain old clear regular vinegar you get at your super market. im not jumping to conclusion just yet ium giving it time to say but it did help. And mike my bb was bad all the time even after brushing my teeth when not taking anything.
sux
ive taken the hp test and it came back negative but i was taking antibiotics alot which i believe is the cause for my bb i heard candida as well causes neutralization of stomach acid to survive. i just started taking this so its hard to say but the first day i tried it i only swallowed it and still got the same results it wasnt until the next morning i decided to brush and rinse with it. ive ordered betaine hcl as well as an extra strength good digestive enzymes that contain natural occuring enzymes that breakdown proteins, fats, carbs, milk, etc. Crossing my fingers this is it. I read somewhere that soda is actually worser for our teeth than vinegar. Anyways that the last thing im worried about i would rather be toothless with dentures than live with bb lol!
white vinegar is just plain old clear regular vinegar you get at your super market. im not jumping to conclusion just yet ium giving it time to say but it did help. And mike my bb was bad all the time even after brushing my teeth when not taking anything.
sux
ive taken the hp test and it came back negative but i was taking antibiotics alot which i believe is the cause for my bb i heard candida as well causes neutralization of stomach acid to survive. i just started taking this so its hard to say but the first day i tried it i only swallowed it and still got the same results it wasnt until the next morning i decided to brush and rinse with it. ive ordered betaine hcl as well as an extra strength good digestive enzymes that contain natural occuring enzymes that breakdown proteins, fats, carbs, milk, etc. Crossing my fingers this is it. I read somewhere that soda is actually worser for our teeth than vinegar. Anyways that the last thing im worried about i would rather be toothless with dentures than live with bb lol!
Guh. Somebody just gave me the finger (you know what I mean). My day was going swimmingly until then.
I'll definitely get some regular vinegar then. But what's it called? Is it only just called Vinegar?
So halitosissux, you're thinking that Vinegar can help do the job that stomach acid isn't, or do you suppose the vinegar is weakening the hpylori temporarily?
I'll definitely get some regular vinegar then. But what's it called? Is it only just called Vinegar?
So halitosissux, you're thinking that Vinegar can help do the job that stomach acid isn't, or do you suppose the vinegar is weakening the hpylori temporarily?
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Lol HG, believe me I fully understand how you feel. Solving BB is such an important priority. I took so many risks in my own battle, and only someone who's ever been in this position can understand the desperation we go through to get rid of this BB curse.
Anyway, I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Maybe if you eventually try your rinsing routine but without swallowing it, you'll get some more insight into what's happening, and whether it's relating to lack of stomach acid, or whether it's relating to the direct effect of the vinegar on the microbial populations of your mouth.
If you do too many things at once though, you might miss some important clues.
@mike, yes some people swallow vinegar regularly in this way to help their digestion (if for whatever reason they are perhaps not producing enough stomach acid). If you happen to be infected with h pylori there are many ways to weaken it, but I don't know whether vinegar could or not because normally the stomach acid is very strong and h pylori manages to survive that easily enough by a fairly simple chemical process, so vinegar is not likely to make much difference to it.
It's not that the h pylori completely neutralizes all the stomach acid, it just does so to the acid around itself, and in so doing may reduce the overall acidity of the stomach, depending on how much acid the stomach was producing in the first place. If you naturally don't produce much stomach acid, then having an h pylori infection can be enough to make the stomach neutral enough that food can quickly start to putrefy and smell bad, which in turn can also lead to bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine.
It's really important for that reason to rule out h pylori infection.
Anyway, I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Maybe if you eventually try your rinsing routine but without swallowing it, you'll get some more insight into what's happening, and whether it's relating to lack of stomach acid, or whether it's relating to the direct effect of the vinegar on the microbial populations of your mouth.
If you do too many things at once though, you might miss some important clues.
@mike, yes some people swallow vinegar regularly in this way to help their digestion (if for whatever reason they are perhaps not producing enough stomach acid). If you happen to be infected with h pylori there are many ways to weaken it, but I don't know whether vinegar could or not because normally the stomach acid is very strong and h pylori manages to survive that easily enough by a fairly simple chemical process, so vinegar is not likely to make much difference to it.
It's not that the h pylori completely neutralizes all the stomach acid, it just does so to the acid around itself, and in so doing may reduce the overall acidity of the stomach, depending on how much acid the stomach was producing in the first place. If you naturally don't produce much stomach acid, then having an h pylori infection can be enough to make the stomach neutral enough that food can quickly start to putrefy and smell bad, which in turn can also lead to bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine.
It's really important for that reason to rule out h pylori infection.
This is interesting since acv is alkalizing vs white V's acidifying properties .
sux , can you post where you heard this about hcl pills ? another member says they would scrape their tongue with a broken hcl pill to burn off the white. A lady at my health food store said the same .
HG .on the other side of its helpful uses , be aware of possible complications with over consumption of WV . As sux says ,damage to the throat is just 1 of a host of problems it can cause.
sux , can you post where you heard this about hcl pills ? another member says they would scrape their tongue with a broken hcl pill to burn off the white. A lady at my health food store said the same .
HG .on the other side of its helpful uses , be aware of possible complications with over consumption of WV . As sux says ,damage to the throat is just 1 of a host of problems it can cause.
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
deebo, I may be getting my facts completely wrong about what I said about the betaine HCL. It's a long long time ago since I tried all these different things and my memory fades quickly, but at the back of my mind I remember noting that the betaine HCL tablets are not actual hydrochloric acid - that's really what I tried to say. Speaking from a safety point of view in comparison to directly swallowing or rinsing with large quantities of strong acid like vinegar.
Even though the betaine HCL tastes acidic in the mouth, it contains chloride. I dont know anything about chemistry, but it apparently breaks down into hydrochloric acid when it reaches the stomach. They are supposed to be taken with a glass of water, so maybe it's when they dissolve in water that they turn into hydrochloric acid. I knew it was something like this anyway, but not quite how I explained it in the beginning. The important thing is that if you want to increase the acidity in your stomach (after ruling out any health issues or medications that may be temporarily reducing it) the correct and safe way to do it is with betaine HCL tablets.
Even though the betaine HCL tastes acidic in the mouth, it contains chloride. I dont know anything about chemistry, but it apparently breaks down into hydrochloric acid when it reaches the stomach. They are supposed to be taken with a glass of water, so maybe it's when they dissolve in water that they turn into hydrochloric acid. I knew it was something like this anyway, but not quite how I explained it in the beginning. The important thing is that if you want to increase the acidity in your stomach (after ruling out any health issues or medications that may be temporarily reducing it) the correct and safe way to do it is with betaine HCL tablets.
I used betaine HCL with peptin once. I went up to three or four tablets per meal without any burning sensation in my stomach, but then it started burning the corners of my mouth - like when you eat too many oranges. So I stopped taking it. And I still don't know whether I have a problem with stomach acid. It didn't improve my breath while I was still taking it, though, so probably not.
I also used acv once. My mouth felt wonderfully fresh and I believed that it was helping me, but then I got a bad reaction from somebody and the shock that I STILL had bb despite the fresh feeling completely knocked me off my feet.
I also used acv once. My mouth felt wonderfully fresh and I believed that it was helping me, but then I got a bad reaction from somebody and the shock that I STILL had bb despite the fresh feeling completely knocked me off my feet.
Hali_girl or anyone who is using ACV or plain white regular vinegar.
Have you contiinue to do use those vinegars, is the result is better.
I have been using on & off since a week BB seems to be mamagable along with 5 mins of gargling one time a day with hydrogen peroxide, but this week i have been using ACV , the results seems to be OK. not sure if we need this to be doing lifelong or BB get immuned to this too, making me looking for next solution](./images/smilies/eusa_wall.gif)
Have you contiinue to do use those vinegars, is the result is better.
I have been using on & off since a week BB seems to be mamagable along with 5 mins of gargling one time a day with hydrogen peroxide, but this week i have been using ACV , the results seems to be OK. not sure if we need this to be doing lifelong or BB get immuned to this too, making me looking for next solution
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.