Page 1 of 1

Streptococcus salivarius K12 probiotic

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 pm
by Libby
Hi Guys

Just about to order this - has anyone tried this and had any results? I just use regular probiotics at the moment.

Thanks!

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:02 pm
by halitosisux
Despite a lot of people dismissing this and various views on why it can't possibly work, there are some people from this forum who've said it does work as long as they are taking it. It's quite expensive, and that's usually the only reason why they've stopped.

If you go on swanson's vitamin shop they sell it for less than Katz and that bearded guy in New Zealand who owns the patent. I don't whether there'd be any difference between them though, except for the chlorhexidine mouthwash that comes with the expensive kits, unlike the lozenges from Swanson's which are for dissolving in the mouth.

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:19 pm
by Libby
Great thanks halitosis, it's worth a shot I guess! I'll report back on how I get on....

I'm trying everything before drastic surgery on the impacted tooth!!

Posted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:35 pm
by Phantasist
I tried the K12 probiotics from Dr. Katz 3 or 4 years ago. Did the whole procedure for about a month. Maybe there was some slight improvement, but not much. I think the K12 - or any probiotic - can't do much good in the mouth as long as there is a source that is continuously producing anaerobic bacteria. Whatever that source is, it has to be eliminated, otherwise the K12 won't have a chance.