Your Email Address:

First Name:

Thera Breath and Breath Rx????

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
glamourgirl05
Junior

Thera Breath and Breath Rx????

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Hey guys I was wondering if any of you all use these products to reduce BB and do they really help??

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I am not enamored of Dr. Katz's products because I tried his whole regimen several years ago and it didn't work for me. Besides, everyone on this website thinks Katz is a scammer, which he probably is. However, two of his products seem to greatly diminish my bad breath for several hours.
After regular brushing and tongue scraping with a U-shaped copper scraper that reaches all the way back, I bend my head down and vigorously clear the mucus out of my throat. (I think the stale mucus is a breeding ground for bacteria.) Then I brush my tongue (as far back as possible) with TheraBreath Plus toothpaste with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx and then rinse with TheraBreath Plus Oral Rinse with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx. This is not a cure for bad breath because the odor always comes back, but it is a great help to me in most situations where I have to be fairly close to people, such as meetings.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Hey thanks for ya input, I was thinking of getting the therabreath toothpaste and mouthwash! Glad it diminishes bb for you!
CNS

Post by CNS »

I only use the therabreath toothpaste for brushing my tongue and it helps to make it more pink (esp after getting your tongue stained by coffee or tea for example) and moist.

I bought the mouthwash as well after reading many positive reviews on amazon but unfortunately I don't think it has helped much. All it does is leave a really weird taste in the mouth.
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I agree that the taste of the antibacterial rinse in your mouth is not pleasant. That's why I rinse with plain water a few minutes after using the TheraBreath rinse. Dr. Katz also recommends that you let a few drops of the rinse trickle down your throat. I do that after vigorously clearing the mucus out of my throat. It seems that the accumulated (stale) mucus in the throat is producing a bad odor. I don't know why I have mucus in my throat, but my first suspect is post nasal drip.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic