THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Oil Pulling vs. Chlorhexidine

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Oil Pulling vs. Chlorhexidine

Post by Tibya »

I read somewhere on this site about oil pulling. No one has commented on this much. I searched online and found this link where they did a research/comparison between Oil Pulling Vs. chlorhexidine.

http://iadr.confex.com/iadr/2008Toronto ... 105440.htm

http://iadr.confex.com/iadr/2008Toronto ... _19724.htm

Just for Information Purpose. If some one has tried it earlier, feedback on this will be appreciated.
emotional rescue
Sheriff
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

Post by emotional rescue »

Oil pulling (sunflower oil) helped me for a while, maybe some months. Not a cure, but a help.

Slowly it stopped to take effect on my bb.

This was like two or three years ago.

Two months ago I tried one or two times again, but it didn't seemed to help me so I quit it.

But i would recommend you to give it a try, I think it's a harmless option.
User avatar
mike987
Super Angel
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:47 am
Location: US

Post by mike987 »

emotional rescue wrote:Oil pulling (sunflower oil) helped me for a while, maybe some months. Not a cure, but a help.

Slowly it stopped to take effect on my bb.

This was like two or three years ago.

Two months ago I tried one or two times again, but it didn't seemed to help me so I quit it.

But i would recommend you to give it a try, I think it's a harmless option.
How do you suppose the oil pulling actually helped but for a limited time? You don't think you might have been mistaken about it's positive effect?

Oil pulling doesn't kill bacteria, so it wouldn't be that they somehow grew resistant to it.. Unless the bad breath bacteria are conscious of your efforts and 'learn'. Hah.. Seems that way sometimes..
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Tibya »

emotional rescue wrote:Oil pulling (sunflower oil) helped me for a while, maybe some months. Not a cure, but a help.
Two months ago I tried one or two times again, but it didn't seemed to help me so I quit it.
But i would recommend you to give it a try, I think it's a harmless option.
I emailed them and got this response (their email is on the top right hand corner of the research paper).
"Hi I really think if u have tried other things and your reports are normal....try oil pulling therapy with sesame oil. The oil needs to turn watery...it might take10-15 minutes. All the best
Regards Sharath"

I also googled and found this link oilpulling.org. It does not say anything about bb cure in general, except for one user experience who tried it for 5 months to get rid of bb. It seems to have worked well for gum diseases.
Also, I think they first recommend Seasme Oil and second choice is Sunflower oil.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗