Page 1 of 1
How far back do you brush your tongue?
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:01 am
by hopeful
Do you go past the taste buds? I did it and was too rough a couple of times and my tongue ended up bleeding.

How far back do you brush your tongue?
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:03 pm
by Busted
It doesn't matter how far you go hopeful. You can't get rid of all the bacteria the cause bb with a toothbrush. It's better to use a soft toothbrush or what people on this forum say is good is a tongue brush which you can order online.
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:12 pm
by hopeful
I use a tongue brush and a toothbrush for my tongue. I think how far back you go does matter because if you don't reach far back enough then you'd be missing tons of bacteria hiding in there, wouldn't you?
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:20 pm
by noptical
GET A TUNG BRUSH WITH TUNG GEL (10$ both), I GUARANTEE THE BEST THING EVER
(sounds like I'm spamming eh

)
I brush until the very back of the tongue although it makes me gag.
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:23 pm
by Busted
hopeful wrote:I use a tongue brush and a toothbrush for my tongue. I think how far back you go does matter because if you don't reach far back enough then you'd be missing tons of bacteria hiding in there, wouldn't you?
yea you do have a point, but I meant it doesn't matter because even if you could reach it , you'd never get rid of them with a toothbrush.

The bacteria are hiding really deep in your tongue. So just with a toouthbrush you can't get rid of them. I mean do you feel like after brushing your tongue, you're breath is fresh? All I notice is that it feels fresher in my mouth than before, but I still get reactions from other people. Also I think there are still tons of bacteria somewhere in your throat area which you can't reach and not just the tongue.
Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:06 pm
by succ
I stick the toothbrush as deep as I can. I've found that cleaning the very back of my throat and coughing everything up helps me, at least makes me feel a little cleaner. As I suffer from PND, I get excess amounts of slime and I just can't feel "clean" if I don't do this. When the doctor was examining my stomach with the pipe camera thingie, he was surprised how little I gagged, only few times. Of course, It's like I do it every day haha.