Page 1 of 1

Ear Itch deep, anyone else?

Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:43 pm
by mindyb
I contstantly have a bad itch inside ear way down deep. Its only in one ear. Its so deep I can feel the itch when I swallow. Its become really bothersome lately and I think I'm going to the ENT to get it checked and also complain of bb constantly.

Just wondering if anyone else has this itch, as it may be infection.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:13 am
by coconuthead
No, I've never had an itch. Are you sure you're not confusing the itch with pain? I actually had a throbbing pain in both of my ears, and the ENT found out that it was coming from a sinus infection.

It could be ear wax trying to work it's way out, swimmer's ear, a food allergy, or an infection. Most of the time it's just ear wax, though.

Look at this. Maybe a few of these things can help with the itching.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/14611 ... r-itching/

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:35 pm
by potty_mouth
Yes, Mindy!
I've noticed that sometimes it's so deep that the best way to scratch it is to scratch in my throat where my right tonsil used to be. :-k

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:24 pm
by clara0
I have it too, itching deep in the ears and most of the times in my right ear.