THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Once I was administered IV drips at a hospital

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
math
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 am

Once I was administered IV drips at a hospital

Post by math »

Once I was administered IV drips at a hospital to clean my blood after I got poisoned by alcohol.

The next day, at home, I noticed my skin looked and felt very smooth and healthy, my breath became very pure in both smell and taste and I felt VERY light. The changes in my health were immediate and "to your face".

I just remembered it the other day and thought, maybe, they administer that type of blood purification to "healthy" people like us too? What do you think?

Thanks.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

That is interesting. An IV drip, as far as I know, is to re-hydrate you if you've become dangerously dehydrated. The body uses up a LOT of body fluids to deal with the alcohol poison in your blood when you are drunk, usually leading to severe dehydration. It's your internal organs which will have purified your blood, not the IV drip.

The reason why this is interesting though, is that maybe your body isn't managing it's fluids properly, even when you think you are hydrated or no matter how much you drink. And we all know what happens in the mouth, regarding bad breath, if the mouth is not hydrated sufficiently - it doesn't take much to make a normal odour free mouth become a dry stinking mouth - it can happen in minutes when a person is under stress or they are talking a lot.
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

Would IV therapy kill bacteria in the blood?

" Bacteremia is the presence of bacteria in the blood. The blood is normally a sterile environment.

That could explain why we have BB 24/7, BB bacteria uses blood circulation to reach our mouth or lungs. And while you were on IV, your blood was cleaner than usual and free of bacteria, so no BB.

Did that make sense?
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Tibya »

It does make some sense - why else would they have blood purifiers and BTW, I do not drink 7-8 glasses for water a day. Somewhere around 5 glasses of water in take is normal for a day for me. Sometimes even less and on those days my bb stinks like anything. Even meat makes my bb worse. But not eating meat doesnot take away my bb.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

What is a blood purifier?

Arch, it depends what kind of IV therapy is given, whether it's just volume fluids being given or whether it's medication being given.

Transient bacteria in the blood can happen even when brushing the teeth. If it becomes anything more than transient then you will really know about it when your immune system tries to fight it and you get fever etc. Same thing if fungi get into the blood.

Bacteria swooshing around the bloodstream is one thing, but there's all kinds of serious health problems that have been linked with bacteria getting into the blood. Biofilm can form in the arteries from these floating bacteria - this is a known fact. But one thing I've never seen mentioned is whether such biofilms can then go on to produce bad smelling chemicals which then lead to BB from a bloodborne pathway.

Another thing is, even if bacteria were in the blood, and getting to the mouth or the lungs or whatever, why would that be any different to what normally happens anyway? the mouth is already full of bacteria, and if your lungs ever got bacterial infection you'd fall serious ill.
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Tibya »

I don;t know about technical stuff here, but "Safi" unani medicine says it purifies blood. It is used widely for curing pimples. It also comes with strict diet plan. So I am assuming there are things like blood purifier.
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Once I was administered IV drips at a hospital

Post by Tibya »

math wrote:Once I was administered IV drips at a hospital to clean my blood after I got poisoned by alcohol.

The next day, at home, I noticed my skin looked and felt very smooth and healthy, my breath became very pure in both smell and taste and I felt VERY light. The changes in my health were immediate and "to your face".
Thanks.
And how long did you remain bb free after IV drips?
math
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 am

Post by math »

I seem to have three sources of bb.

1. My teeth. Relatively easily managed, so long as you have the monies to get them fixed.

2. PND. This one is a passive-aggressive problem that I don't know the roots of or any sort of solution to.

3. Some metabolic function in my body isn't working properly. This one, if left untreated, exacerbates the above two to horrible levels. Unfortunately I don't know what exactly is wrong with my metabolism, fortunately though, Vegan diet keeps this problem suppressed.
Last edited by math on Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
math
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 am

Post by math »

Over the years I tried Candida diet that I took to extremes and ate only meat for one year. Did nothing to cure the problem. Along the way, I noticed that my body doesn't react to carbs and sugars in a bad way, that actually it was the animal fats my body violently reacts to. But still stuck to the above mentioned diet, because the description of ills of sugars/carbs sounded so convincing- I went against my gut instinct. I got off the diet when I read that Candida sufferers actually suffer from inability to efficiently break down fats, not sugars. I felt much better when I became a vegan.

There's this little clinic thing around my house that adverts it has some sort of lab and that they can perform ANY sort of analysis. Thinking to go pay them a visit.
math
Newbie
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:40 am

Re: Once I was administered IV drips at a hospital

Post by math »

halitosisux wrote:What is a blood purifier?
It was so long ago, I dont remember what it was exactly they administered. It could be for re-hydration, it could be some sort of actual blood cleaning. I read somewhere that there are many different ways to clean blood one of which is that they take your blood(plasma?), put it in a centrifuge and make that stuff split into parts (I dont remember what exactly), then take clean(?) part of it and re-insert it into your blood stream. Feeling lazy to go find the exact procedure, but please elaborate if you know what I am talking about.
Tibya wrote: And how long did you remain bb free after IV drips?
I would be lying if I told you how long exactly. I don't remember- it was years ago.
Tibya wrote:. But not eating meat doesnot take away my bb.
Why don't you eliminate ALL sorts of animal fats like milk and all its by-products, eggs etc for 2 weeks and see how that works out for you.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

If you were given IV therapy because of alcohol poisoning, the chances are it was saline, given purely to re-hydrate you as rapidly as possible because being so dangerously dehydrated can lead to organ failure. There's always a chance you were given antibiotics intravenously at the same time. I've seen metronidazole given in this way to a relative.

I think it's fascinating how the increased internal hydration from the IV therapy helped you so much from how you would normally have felt without the IV therapy, particularly that it managed to get rid of your BB.

I also wonder whether, if you happen to have a bloodborne cause of BB, if it's possible that the additional fluids added directly to your bloodstream in this way might have diluted any bloodborne odourous chemicals, enough to reduce any bloodborne odours?

I've never heard of any type of blood purification device, except for dialysis machines. Need to do some searches because I'll be surprised if such a device does not exist. Makes you wonder how such a machine can't be created to clean the blood of TMAU sufferers. But, of course, odour problems are harmless, and people just have to learn to live with it. Funny how people who are unhappy with their bodies can get plastic surgery (usually free in the UK if it's causing psychological problems) along with all the risks, yet can you just imagine a TMAU sufferer being given expensive blood treatment?
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Once I was administered IV drips at a hospital

Post by Tibya »

math wrote:
It was so long ago, I dont remember what it was exactly they administered. It could be for re-hydration, it could be some sort of actual blood cleaning. I read somewhere that there are many different ways to clean blood one of which is that they take your blood(plasma?), put it in a centrifuge and make that stuff split into parts (I dont remember what exactly), then take clean(?) part of it and re-insert it into your blood stream. Feeling lazy to go find the exact procedure, but please elaborate if you know what I am talking about.
I believe you are talking about ancient blood cupping technique by chinese, middle east/egypt and greek blood cleansing methods. There are different ways for cupping, some do by cutting, some by fire.... search online. It is still widely practiced and there are some places in US where it is done. I'm just too scared by any cuts.
Last edited by Tibya on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halitosisux
Moderator
Posts: 3266
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by halitosisux »

Tybia I think you quoted the wrong person there.
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Tibya »

math wrote:I seem to have three sources of bb.
3. Some metabolic function in my body isn't working properly. This one, if left untreated, exacerbates the above two to horrible levels. Unfortunately I don't know what exactly is wrong with my metabolism, fortunately though, Vegan diet keeps this problem suppressed.
I may have this 3 point in me too. Vegan diet does help to some extent, but it does not eliminate. I know for sure meat makes it worse. But damn, I need to get rid of this completely. Its not like if I give up meat, I have no bb. I need to get in touch with immunologist.
Tibya
Advanced
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:58 am

Post by Tibya »

halitosisux wrote:Tybia I think you quoted the wrong person there.
I changed it. Thnx
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗