Page 1 of 1
diflucan and other antifungal drugs same as an antibiotic??
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:00 pm
by unsungzero7
ive been prescribed diflucan for a yeast infection and i may have to be on it for a while, i know it is an anti fungal but is it also considered an antibiotic? I am wondering because i know antibiotics can make bad breath a lot worse and i do not want this to happen. Thanks for any feedback or anyone who has been exposed to the drug.
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:03 am
by noptical
No, fungus is not bacteria. However I have no idea if an antifungal can cause any trouble like an antibiotic.
Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:38 am
by succ
According to wikipedia, no. But if I was you I'd check it again and from better sources. Here's the wiki link
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-fungal
Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:42 am
by jc
I`ve tried diflucan before but it didn`t work on me. Later on I found out that antifungal meds can be harmful to the liver so you may want to ask your doc if you can take a liver supplement during treatment.