BB did not respond to metronidazole; I have questions
Posted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:57 am
This has been a long battle. I constantly have to find new ways to keep myself motivated since nothing seems to work. Anyways...
I had been taking metronidazole tablets back in January (can't quite remember the dosage, but it was a recommended dosage I found here on the forums). I continued the dosage for a total of 3 1/2 weeks, taking I'd say around 2 tablets (of 500 mg each, I can't quite remember) a day. I was having bowel trouble with the metro, but I kept my probiotic intake up to counter the negative effects.
No improvement in BB. None. Now, what conclusions may I draw from this? I still feel I have type 2 odor, which originates in my nasal cavity. (I have horrendous PND and coating on my tongue, as well as a nasal odor which has been confirmed to fill up a small room).
Aydinmur, and any one else out there, what conclusions may I draw from the fact that the metronidazole has not worked for me? Do I not have TMAU? I realize this is not a conclusive test, but I am 110% sure I do not have any body odor, and am hoping I do not have TMAU.
Also, is it possible that the odor causing bacteria were unaffected by the antibiotics due to the biofilm covering them in my nasal cavity (as read somewhere on this forum).
I will be graduating soon, and will be interviewing for full time engineering positions in the coming months. I can't continue with this problem. It is eating me alive. I can't be in a room without people covering their noses, or rubbing their noses like they just smelled the most horrid thing in the world. Is there NO end? I don't know what to do anymore.....
I had been taking metronidazole tablets back in January (can't quite remember the dosage, but it was a recommended dosage I found here on the forums). I continued the dosage for a total of 3 1/2 weeks, taking I'd say around 2 tablets (of 500 mg each, I can't quite remember) a day. I was having bowel trouble with the metro, but I kept my probiotic intake up to counter the negative effects.
No improvement in BB. None. Now, what conclusions may I draw from this? I still feel I have type 2 odor, which originates in my nasal cavity. (I have horrendous PND and coating on my tongue, as well as a nasal odor which has been confirmed to fill up a small room).
Aydinmur, and any one else out there, what conclusions may I draw from the fact that the metronidazole has not worked for me? Do I not have TMAU? I realize this is not a conclusive test, but I am 110% sure I do not have any body odor, and am hoping I do not have TMAU.
Also, is it possible that the odor causing bacteria were unaffected by the antibiotics due to the biofilm covering them in my nasal cavity (as read somewhere on this forum).
I will be graduating soon, and will be interviewing for full time engineering positions in the coming months. I can't continue with this problem. It is eating me alive. I can't be in a room without people covering their noses, or rubbing their noses like they just smelled the most horrid thing in the world. Is there NO end? I don't know what to do anymore.....