What went wrong? Wisdom tooth extraction & gum bleeding
Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:27 pm
I got my wisdom tooth extracted last week. I have a post operative appointment tomorrow, but my gums have started bleeding. What went wrong?
I was not able to clean my teeth gums as I would do everyday, because of this surgery and opening my mouth wide was very painful. And I did not use oral irrigator also. But the medication pencillion (amoxcillian), I thouhgt would take care of bacterial growth or rather keep it under control, but looks like this antibitotic did not work in my case.
Left side jaw still hurts a little.Right jaw pain is manageable. Vicodin helps.
But atleast I know here that amoxcillian/pencillian has no affect in my bacteria overgowth case. I'm a little disappointed because I had such healthy gums and now I see them bleeding easily. I was always prone to gum disease with my preganicies and this was the reason I had kept such a rigourous routine for past sevearl years to keep my gums healthy and its a waste to see how yrs of dedicated work can go in vain if we do not follow the daily routine. Since I was on antibiotic and vicodin, I also stopped taking zantec and hydrogen per oxide rinse for this past week. This may also be the cause of my bb and ofcourse, I am on unable to eat well.
Hopefully, I will soon be able to come to my daily cleaning routine.
I was not able to clean my teeth gums as I would do everyday, because of this surgery and opening my mouth wide was very painful. And I did not use oral irrigator also. But the medication pencillion (amoxcillian), I thouhgt would take care of bacterial growth or rather keep it under control, but looks like this antibitotic did not work in my case.
Left side jaw still hurts a little.Right jaw pain is manageable. Vicodin helps.
But atleast I know here that amoxcillian/pencillian has no affect in my bacteria overgowth case. I'm a little disappointed because I had such healthy gums and now I see them bleeding easily. I was always prone to gum disease with my preganicies and this was the reason I had kept such a rigourous routine for past sevearl years to keep my gums healthy and its a waste to see how yrs of dedicated work can go in vain if we do not follow the daily routine. Since I was on antibiotic and vicodin, I also stopped taking zantec and hydrogen per oxide rinse for this past week. This may also be the cause of my bb and ofcourse, I am on unable to eat well.
Hopefully, I will soon be able to come to my daily cleaning routine.