Page 1 of 1
Tonsils question
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:34 pm
by focused
Hi,
I checked my mouth wide open with flashlight and I could see yellowish white tonsils on my left side. How ever when I checked on the right side I couldn't see any thing. Does that mean i dont have tonsil stones on right side?? Also I couldn't find jet syringe waterpik and afraid to remove it by my finger as i get huge gag reflex. Please guide me on this.
Posted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:44 pm
by StayStrong
I'm no expert on the matter but I have seen clips on youtube in which they use a cotton bud to tease them out. just make sure you're gentle, whatever you do!
xx
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:57 pm
by focused
Just an hour before I was trying to get it out. I get severe gag reflex when I even put my finger deep inside...so i decided to try the cotton ear buds....
but i could not even touch the stones

....
I can see the stones only when i stick my tongue way out. But as soon as I put the bud inside my mouth(when my tongue is stick out)...the tongue immediately goes back thus hiding the tonsil stones.
I have read that many people here have manually taken their stones out either through cotton swab or waterpik....
Is there any other method????
Is it true the one can see the stones only when tongue is stick out??? Or am I missing something here?
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:03 pm
by focused
Guys please advice me. I dont want to undergo surgery. Almost everywhere on net they have mentioned to use cotton swab.
The moment I put cotton inside, my tongue goes in and consequently I could not see the stones. Plzz plzz lemee know if there is something I am missing.
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:00 pm
by coconuthead
focused wrote:Guys please advice me. I dont want to undergo surgery. Almost everywhere on net they have mentioned to use cotton swab.
The moment I put cotton inside, my tongue goes in and consequently I could not see the stones. Plzz plzz lemee know if there is something I am missing.
I usually pick mine out with a toothpick. I find it much easier than a cotton swab. Also, if it's the cause of your bad breath, which you aren't sure for certain, it might be wise to go on and have the surgery. What do you have to lose?
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:56 pm
by dick.karma
if you can'tuse waterpik then there's no other way but to overcome your gag reflex. stick your toungue out while probing your tonsils. before i had a tonsillectomy, i used a toothpick
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:58 am
by 222chick
I understand your pain. I am still not able to reach that there to see if I can knock any loose. I never see mine, but I think they could be hiding deeper than I can see. The gag reflex diminishes over time for some people. I think mine got better after a while and then got bad again.
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:08 pm
by George80
There is a tool they call Roeder device, which is builds up a vacuum and sucks out the tonsil stones. Check my other posts for it. Or ask your ENT, he may also agree on picking them out.
With the roeder thing you still have a gag reflex. I made a good experience with just relaxing the tung and let it straight where it is.
good luck