THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
If you've ever swallowed a coin or foreign body as a kid....
- coconuthead
- Advanced
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
- Gender:
If you've ever swallowed a coin or foreign body as a kid....
this could be the cause of your BB. The coin/foreign body could actually still be lodged in your large/small intestine, causing you to have bowel obstruction. If your breath smells like feces or if you have a fecal taste in your mouth, bowel obstruction could be the cause. As bad breath is a symptom. Other symptoms are constipation, abdominal pain, gas, vomiting, and abdominal distension.
When I was 7 years old I swallowed a nickel. My mom took me to the hospital and they did an x-ray and found that it was in my stomach. They told my mom to bring me back to the hospital in a few days to see if it had passed in my stool, and if not they'd have to do surgery. My mom never took me back, so there is a chance that it may still be in my small intestine.
When I was 7 years old I swallowed a nickel. My mom took me to the hospital and they did an x-ray and found that it was in my stomach. They told my mom to bring me back to the hospital in a few days to see if it had passed in my stool, and if not they'd have to do surgery. My mom never took me back, so there is a chance that it may still be in my small intestine.
Re: If you've ever swallowed a coin or foreign body as a kid
when will you go for x-rays again coconut?coconuthead wrote:this could be the cause of your BB. The coin/foreign body could actually still be lodged in your large/small intestine, causing you to have bowel obstruction. If your breath smells like feces or if you have a fecal taste in your mouth, bowel obstruction could be the cause. As bad breath is a symptom. Other symptoms are constipation, abdominal pain, gas, vomiting, and abdominal distension.
When I was 7 years old I swallowed a nickel. My mom took me to the hospital and they did an x-ray and found that it was in my stomach. They told my mom to bring me back to the hospital in a few days to see if it had passed in my stool, and if not they'd have to do surgery. My mom never took me back, so there is a chance that it may still be in my small intestine.
i posted a med abstract about twins with bowel obstruction but it was the design of their bowel . They both had marked bb and had surgery to fix the issue . bb was gone if i recall.
'skunkhugs' group on skype
- Virtuous Viking
- Junior
- Posts: 77
- Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:49 am
- Gender:
Holy shit. Could this be it??? I remember quite vividly swallowing something metallic at about 5 or 6. The problem is I don't remember what it is I swallowed. I know it was metallic though, for sure. It was large, because I felt like I was choking to death and then I just ignored it afterward like nothing happened. I was a very shy and reclusive kid so I didn't tell anyone about it, but the memory stuck, for some reason.
I know for certain that the malodor started sometime after the incident (not more than a year after, probably much less) because that was when the teasing began. I think an X-ray would be wise. But if the docs find something, what would that entail? Surgery?
I know for certain that the malodor started sometime after the incident (not more than a year after, probably much less) because that was when the teasing began. I think an X-ray would be wise. But if the docs find something, what would that entail? Surgery?
-
dick.karma
- Advanced
- Posts: 137
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:54 am
- coconuthead
- Advanced
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:23 pm
- Gender:
Virtuous Viking wrote:Holy shit. Could this be it??? I remember quite vividly swallowing something metallic at about 5 or 6. The problem is I don't remember what it is I swallowed. I know it was metallic though, for sure. It was large, because I felt like I was choking to death and then I just ignored it afterward like nothing happened. I was a very shy and reclusive kid so I didn't tell anyone about it, but the memory stuck, for some reason.
I know for certain that the malodor started sometime after the incident (not more than a year after, probably much less) because that was when the teasing began. I think an X-ray would be wise. But if the docs find something, what would that entail? Surgery?
If it's a bowel obstruction. Here is what they will do. I read it in the NY Times health section online.
"Intestinal obstruction repair is done while you are under general anesthesia. This makes you unconscious and unable to feel pain.
The surgeon makes an incision (cut) in your belly to expose your intestines. Then the surgeon locates the area of your intestine (also called "bowel") that is blocked. The blockage will be freed.
Any injured sections of your bowel will be repaired or removed. If a section is removed, the healthy ends will be reconnected with stitches. Sometimes when part of the intestine is removed, the ends cannot be reconnected. If this happens, the surgeon will bring one end out through an opening in the abdominal wall. This is called a colostomy or an ileostomy.
The surgeon will also check the blood flow to the rest of the bowel."
Hmm, very interesting.
I remember back in 6th grade, I accidentally swallowed the top of a soda can, you know, the part where you open it from. I was just playing with it by loosening it. It got loose enough that it dropped in my soda. I knew it dropped in there, but I got distracted and a few minutes later, I took the last remaining sip - drinking the soda top piece with it.
I'd categorize my BB as fecal-ish.
I also have a very irritable bowel. Whenever I eat a semi-big meal, I immediately have to go to the bathroom after the meal. The problem is though that I'm also lactose intolerant, so I don't know what is causing me to have irritable bowel movements.
I remember back in 6th grade, I accidentally swallowed the top of a soda can, you know, the part where you open it from. I was just playing with it by loosening it. It got loose enough that it dropped in my soda. I knew it dropped in there, but I got distracted and a few minutes later, I took the last remaining sip - drinking the soda top piece with it.
I'd categorize my BB as fecal-ish.
I also have a very irritable bowel. Whenever I eat a semi-big meal, I immediately have to go to the bathroom after the meal. The problem is though that I'm also lactose intolerant, so I don't know what is causing me to have irritable bowel movements.
I have the same problem as you, I can never eat semi big meals, otherwise I'd have to run to the nearest bathroom. I think I am also lactose intolerant, not really sure though. I can drink a small glas of milk but when I drink more than a certain amount, I'd have to run to the nearest bathroom.H0peful wrote:Hmm, very interesting.
I remember back in 6th grade, I accidentally swallowed the top of a soda can, you know, the part where you open it from. I was just playing with it by loosening it. It got loose enough that it dropped in my soda. I knew it dropped in there, but I got distracted and a few minutes later, I took the last remaining sip - drinking the soda top piece with it.
I'd categorize my BB as fecal-ish.
I also have a very irritable bowel. Whenever I eat a semi-big meal, I immediately have to go to the bathroom after the meal. The problem is though that I'm also lactose intolerant, so I don't know what is causing me to have irritable bowel movements.
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.