Page 1 of 3

Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) Works!!

Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:33 pm
by HopefulOne
I urge all of you who feel your bad breath is bacteria/candida related to try this miracle liquid.

As you all know I was 100% fresh when I left the hospital in January. However almost three weeks later 30% of my bad breath had returned. Like sadgirl, I belive my problem is related to hormones and bacteria. My breath was 100% fresh because I had been given strong antibiotics for my surgery. Later the bacteria returned and so did 30% of my BB. So I decided to use the same formula as when I was in the hospital. I know I can't take antibiotics everyday, so I searched for a natural potent antibiotic and came up with GSE and oil of oregano. GSE was cheaper and had good reviews from other BB sufferers so I bought some.

The first 3 days I only put some on my toothpaste and brushed with it. I also put 3 or four drops in a little water and swished and gargled. My breath improved and I had hardly any morning breath. I decided to take the next step and swallow some. The first day I swallowed four drops. The second day I swallowed ten drops. One hour later I had a slight headache and felt really tired. I also started coughing up alot of clear mucous. My breath became really terrible for about an housr and then it became fresh. The next day I swallowed ten more drops and had no more die off reactions. Today is my fourth day of swallowing ten drops and my tongue is pink and my breath is 97% fresh!!! I still brush and swish two or three times per day. I also try to eat yogurt every day for the good cultures.

Really I'm doing the same treatment as sadgirl except I refuse to swallow tea tree oil. GSE is bitter, but you can hide it in orange juice. My next step is to alternate with oil of oregano, so the bacteria won't become immune to GSE. Try it people, it may work for you. Others have found success with GSE. I myself read about it a long time ago, but I was tired of being disappointed.

Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:34 am
by H0peful
Can you post links of exactly what products you're using?

Thank you so much in advance!

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:56 pm
by HopefulOne
I use NutriBiotic GSE liquid concentrate.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:59 pm
by dick.karma
hopefulOne & HOpeful ---> amusing, lol

I will definitely try this next, just need to scout the healthy options stores here

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:13 pm
by 222chick
I think I will buy some of that today and try it out. Thanks for the tip. :D

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:46 pm
by sadgirlbb
HopefulOne I saw your post the other day about GSE and went out this weekend and got some!

I was not liking having to the take the tea tree oil. Guys this stuff is great! It has a bitter taste, but I think it works better than tea tree oil. It doesn't have the awful taste and smell of the tea tree oil!

I put it on my toothpaste and then drink about 10 drops now (started with 5 drops) in a glass of water in the mornings. I've been doing this for the last few days. Will be putting the tea tree oil up on the shelf now....

Love this stuff and its SOOO cheap!

Good find HopefulOne!

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:47 pm
by sadgirlbb
I also got NutriBiotic GSE liquid concentrate. I think I paid $9 at Vitamin Shoppe.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:58 pm
by 222chick
I was just researching this and looked up the nearest vitamin shoppe. I would have to drive more than an hour to get there. There is an herbal shoppe near me so I'll call there and see if they have it.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:47 pm
by girlie girl
Hey guys...
I have been too taking the DIM and it has helped my hormonal imbalance and I feel better on it, but unfortunately it has only slightly help with the BB. I did order the Candida cleanse because I have tried many things that didn't work for Candida and I am hoping this will finally clear me of the Candida. I'm still waiting to get that shipment. I also believe I have bacterial overload from all my PND, so I'm going to try this GSE too! Thanks for all you guys input and sharing of your "knowledge"...it helps more than you know!

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:57 pm
by girlie girl
Just FYI:
Grapefruit seed extract has been shown to be effective in treating hundreds of different organisms including: Shigella, Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Giardia lamblia, Diplococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, Mycobacterium species, Campylobacter, Candida albicans, Escherichia coli, Streptococcus, Salmonella, Klebsiella, Proteus, Cholera, Chlamydia trachomatis, Trichomonas vaginalis, Legionella pneumoniae, Helicobacter pylori, Herpes simplex 1, Influenza A2, and measles virus. GSE has been shown to kill both gram-negative and gram-positive strains of bacteria.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:03 pm
by sadgirlbb
girlie girl wrote:Hey guys...
I have been too taking the DIM and it has helped my hormonal imbalance and I feel better on it, but unfortunately it has only slightly help with the BB. I did order the Candida cleanse because I have tried many things that didn't work for Candida and I am hoping this will finally clear me of the Candida. I'm still waiting to get that shipment. I also believe I have bacterial overload from all my PND, so I'm going to try this GSE too! Thanks for all you guys input and sharing of your "knowledge"...it helps more than you know!
Hi girlie... I certainly hope this combination helps you! I know it has CHANGED my life so far! For those of us that cannot fight candida with the diet and all of the other things required, I think lufenuron is our best shot. Take the chitin off candida and they are powerless! YAY! And the GSE... wonderful stuff.

Good luck! [-o<

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:40 pm
by seanlee1980
Yes, I tried it today and seems like it helps. Thanks for this.

Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:50 pm
by seanlee1980
A little concerned now because I'm reading that commercial GSE may have toxic chemicals that are actually killing off the microbes. If this is true, then it would certainly be dangerous to ingest. But then, wouldn't this be true for many other supplements?

http://www.denvernaturopathic.com/news/GSE.html

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:43 am
by hope4now
I've been trying 2 drops of GSE on a toothbrush instead of toothpaste. I was trying the concentrated salt treatment recommended on another thread and was getting good results, but my gums got a bit sore. So I thought of trying GSE instead of salt. I think it may be even better than salt, although the jury is still out. Salt may have some advantages over GSE in drawing out the infection.

I think my root problem is gum disease. The goal is to eradicate the infection by getting a germ killer like salt or GSE below the gum line. Just rinsing isn't good enough. The toothbrush pushes it into the gums. I've noticed a definite improvement in my bb.

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:27 am
by sadgirlbb
Yay Hope4now you are seeing some improvement! My gums are evil. If I don't get them cleaned by the dentist every 3 or 4 months, I'm in trouble. And boy can gums make your bb horrid! That's just one of my contributors but I have that in check now. Thanks for the suggestion of just brushing with the GSE. I'm going to try that. Even though I get my teeth cleaned like clockwork, my gums still hurt quite frequently.