Dear BB sufferers...
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:43 am
Dear BB sufferers,
I am a BB sufferer at least 15 years now and am only 24.. I can assure you that at the very beginning BB was present because of my bad dental health but the last 8-9 are in a perfect condition.
Like most of you I've experienced the itching/grabbing noses, mint offer, some direct and indirect indications for having BB..
I cried for many years, I didn't talk too much not even in class (God!! When I had to do the reading that was the worst time during the day).. I was isolated.. I punished myself by not talking to others thinking that they don't have to suffer because of the bad odor.. What was the subsequent of all these?? Develop anxiety disorder, because obviously I didn't practice my interpersonal skills enough, and I always seemed weak when talking. My body language, the sweat and cold hands, all screaming ANXIETY.. Well guess what? I AM NOT WEAK! I BEAR THIS HARD SITUATION, DOING MY BEST, CONTINUE TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM EVEN THOUGH NO IMPROVEMENT WAS NOTICED. I HAVE EXPERIENCED FEELINGS THAT MOST OF MY PEERS NEVER DID BEFORE AND I AM STILL HERE. DAMN AM STRONGER AND WISER THAN MOST OF THEM!
After all this isolation, anxiety and many melancholic days of my life, I must admit that I was given the opportunity to talk with myself more. I had to focus my attention to the psychological consequences as well that this situation had on me. Maybe in another thread I will write down all the psychosomatic problems I had because I wasn't talking to anyone and my anxiety and melancholy was reflected to my health numerous times.
So, dear all, I made some conclusions:
1. This thing is not going away that easily and maybe it will stay there for another month or another decade.
2. BB has serious consequences in our psychology, hence our health, and
3. Time and life passes by with no returns.
We have two options, dear all: either wake up everyday and feel miserable, angry, depressed for this situation, OR compromise with that and re-gain your missing pride.
You know this thing what is doing to you! Some of you already feel the despair, I felt it too.. This paranoid behavior you developed for your oral care use it also to trace all the psychological consequences the BB had on you. Fight them too because they deserve your attention even more than BB.
I was trying to figure out how am I supposed to explain to my psychotherapist about the way I feel and only one thing came up in my mind.
"Its me and myself. Myself is like having a child with special needs, who has a serious disability, I still love myself but that doesn´t mean that I don´t want my child to have a better life. I am doing my best to improve my child´s condition but I never stopped and never will stop loving him/her. "
Dear all BB sufferers.. Your condition is like having a child with special needs. And people with special needs, need special care. If you are going from doctor to doctor to make your child's life better, well good for you! That means you are devoted to your child's health! But a good parent never gives up his/her faith and tries always never to waste time because giving his/her child some f *%&#*$ g good times are more important and valuable than complaining and blaming God or anyone else for this condition.
Accept, love and take care of your inner selves because NOBODY ELSE WILL DO THAT FOR YOU.
DAMN FIND YOUR MISSING PRIDE, BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY THINGS ARE! NO MORE WASTE OF TIME IN TEARS, SADNESS AND MISERY.
Continue trying to improve your life by both taking good care of your oral condition but also.. just act like nothing is really happening just to save your inner self.. because it is worth saving it. You just don't want when one day you will be BB free for good to realize that what this disability has left behind is even worse than the problem itself.
For the end.. STOP BEING SELF-STIGMATIZING and TRY TO LAUGH AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE, either alone or with someone else, CAUSE YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU.
Thank you! xx
I am a BB sufferer at least 15 years now and am only 24.. I can assure you that at the very beginning BB was present because of my bad dental health but the last 8-9 are in a perfect condition.
Like most of you I've experienced the itching/grabbing noses, mint offer, some direct and indirect indications for having BB..
I cried for many years, I didn't talk too much not even in class (God!! When I had to do the reading that was the worst time during the day).. I was isolated.. I punished myself by not talking to others thinking that they don't have to suffer because of the bad odor.. What was the subsequent of all these?? Develop anxiety disorder, because obviously I didn't practice my interpersonal skills enough, and I always seemed weak when talking. My body language, the sweat and cold hands, all screaming ANXIETY.. Well guess what? I AM NOT WEAK! I BEAR THIS HARD SITUATION, DOING MY BEST, CONTINUE TRYING TO FIND A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM EVEN THOUGH NO IMPROVEMENT WAS NOTICED. I HAVE EXPERIENCED FEELINGS THAT MOST OF MY PEERS NEVER DID BEFORE AND I AM STILL HERE. DAMN AM STRONGER AND WISER THAN MOST OF THEM!
After all this isolation, anxiety and many melancholic days of my life, I must admit that I was given the opportunity to talk with myself more. I had to focus my attention to the psychological consequences as well that this situation had on me. Maybe in another thread I will write down all the psychosomatic problems I had because I wasn't talking to anyone and my anxiety and melancholy was reflected to my health numerous times.
So, dear all, I made some conclusions:
1. This thing is not going away that easily and maybe it will stay there for another month or another decade.
2. BB has serious consequences in our psychology, hence our health, and
3. Time and life passes by with no returns.
We have two options, dear all: either wake up everyday and feel miserable, angry, depressed for this situation, OR compromise with that and re-gain your missing pride.
You know this thing what is doing to you! Some of you already feel the despair, I felt it too.. This paranoid behavior you developed for your oral care use it also to trace all the psychological consequences the BB had on you. Fight them too because they deserve your attention even more than BB.
I was trying to figure out how am I supposed to explain to my psychotherapist about the way I feel and only one thing came up in my mind.
"Its me and myself. Myself is like having a child with special needs, who has a serious disability, I still love myself but that doesn´t mean that I don´t want my child to have a better life. I am doing my best to improve my child´s condition but I never stopped and never will stop loving him/her. "
Dear all BB sufferers.. Your condition is like having a child with special needs. And people with special needs, need special care. If you are going from doctor to doctor to make your child's life better, well good for you! That means you are devoted to your child's health! But a good parent never gives up his/her faith and tries always never to waste time because giving his/her child some f *%&#*$ g good times are more important and valuable than complaining and blaming God or anyone else for this condition.
Accept, love and take care of your inner selves because NOBODY ELSE WILL DO THAT FOR YOU.
DAMN FIND YOUR MISSING PRIDE, BECAUSE THAT'S THE WAY THINGS ARE! NO MORE WASTE OF TIME IN TEARS, SADNESS AND MISERY.
Continue trying to improve your life by both taking good care of your oral condition but also.. just act like nothing is really happening just to save your inner self.. because it is worth saving it. You just don't want when one day you will be BB free for good to realize that what this disability has left behind is even worse than the problem itself.
For the end.. STOP BEING SELF-STIGMATIZING and TRY TO LAUGH AND ENJOY YOUR LIFE, either alone or with someone else, CAUSE YOU OWE IT TO YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY AND ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO CARE ABOUT YOU.
Thank you! xx