Why am I doing this!??!
Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:43 am
Why am I doing this?
OK - this will be pretty long but I hope there are somebody out there that will take interest in my shit. It all started 6 years ago when I got a comment from a friend that my breath was bad. It was in the morning and I’ve just ran out of ead so it was probably a case of morning breath but I took it very personal and that’s when the paranoia kicked in. It just took one comment and I started being obsessed by the fact that I might been smelling bad and that people will start to avoid me and such things. From that moment on I avoided situations where I knew people could smell my ”bad breath”. It really made me feel bad about myself and it was the only thing I could think about. I Improved my hygiene but I kinda felt like I was doomed to a life with bad breath anyway and that I had to accept it. Life continued but I was under heavy stress because you’re always in situations that could lead to people noticing your breath. After a while people started to take notice about why I was acting so weird like putting my hand infront of my mouth when speaking and why I suddenly became so quiet when I came near them. I loved socializing but within a OK range if you feel me.
Years passed on and I never really felt OK because it felt like life was moving on and that I was missing out because of this problem. So I asked my mom and a couple of friends what they thought about my breath and they said it was fine. I even got to visit a bad breath doctor and measured my breath in a Halimeter. The results were fine and I diden’t even have to pay because he said that that I did not have a problem. STILL I was convinced that i smelled bad and yeah, life continued but I was feeling more and more unsecure about myself and I diden’t even enjoy things anymore.
My mom knew about my problem and said that if you can’t belive me then you’ll have to talk to somebody about your problems so I started seeing a psychologist that said I had a mix of OCD/phobia and the only way you can get over it is to exposure yourself and breath near people. I did do it for a while and I kinda felt much better after a week or so but it went to hell.
Why? Well I’ve figured out that i’m stressed the fucked out and this is what’s causing my bad breath. I had two weeks this summer where my head was like ”man, you dont smell bad” and it was like my saliva was unleashed and I was feeling sooo good. My personality changed to the so much better and I diden’t get any reactions at all. All good right? Well I wished. I felt so great that I started to worry that I might fall back to the old thinking and yeah ofcourse I did. The dry mouth, stress and all that came back and I started too see reactions again.
When I tried to exposure technique it was so shitty in the beginning because I bet my breath smelled thanks to my dry mouth but after a while that went away. The saliva came back and no more reactions. I could be drinking and smoking at the club and I diden’t mather because the saliva made my mouth feel ”neutral”. Once again I got scared that I would get a relapse and yes I did! So why the ***k am I doing this to myself?!?! I know that when I’m ”normal” I don’t smell but it’s like I cant convince myself that and it feels pretty shitty. It’s like I’m scared for life..
OK - this will be pretty long but I hope there are somebody out there that will take interest in my shit. It all started 6 years ago when I got a comment from a friend that my breath was bad. It was in the morning and I’ve just ran out of ead so it was probably a case of morning breath but I took it very personal and that’s when the paranoia kicked in. It just took one comment and I started being obsessed by the fact that I might been smelling bad and that people will start to avoid me and such things. From that moment on I avoided situations where I knew people could smell my ”bad breath”. It really made me feel bad about myself and it was the only thing I could think about. I Improved my hygiene but I kinda felt like I was doomed to a life with bad breath anyway and that I had to accept it. Life continued but I was under heavy stress because you’re always in situations that could lead to people noticing your breath. After a while people started to take notice about why I was acting so weird like putting my hand infront of my mouth when speaking and why I suddenly became so quiet when I came near them. I loved socializing but within a OK range if you feel me.
Years passed on and I never really felt OK because it felt like life was moving on and that I was missing out because of this problem. So I asked my mom and a couple of friends what they thought about my breath and they said it was fine. I even got to visit a bad breath doctor and measured my breath in a Halimeter. The results were fine and I diden’t even have to pay because he said that that I did not have a problem. STILL I was convinced that i smelled bad and yeah, life continued but I was feeling more and more unsecure about myself and I diden’t even enjoy things anymore.
My mom knew about my problem and said that if you can’t belive me then you’ll have to talk to somebody about your problems so I started seeing a psychologist that said I had a mix of OCD/phobia and the only way you can get over it is to exposure yourself and breath near people. I did do it for a while and I kinda felt much better after a week or so but it went to hell.
Why? Well I’ve figured out that i’m stressed the fucked out and this is what’s causing my bad breath. I had two weeks this summer where my head was like ”man, you dont smell bad” and it was like my saliva was unleashed and I was feeling sooo good. My personality changed to the so much better and I diden’t get any reactions at all. All good right? Well I wished. I felt so great that I started to worry that I might fall back to the old thinking and yeah ofcourse I did. The dry mouth, stress and all that came back and I started too see reactions again.
When I tried to exposure technique it was so shitty in the beginning because I bet my breath smelled thanks to my dry mouth but after a while that went away. The saliva came back and no more reactions. I could be drinking and smoking at the club and I diden’t mather because the saliva made my mouth feel ”neutral”. Once again I got scared that I would get a relapse and yes I did! So why the ***k am I doing this to myself?!?! I know that when I’m ”normal” I don’t smell but it’s like I cant convince myself that and it feels pretty shitty. It’s like I’m scared for life..