Page 1 of 1

pylocarpine

Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:38 am
by pagmic2
I'm on pilocarpine because my rheumatoid-like spondyloarthropathy arthritis was reducing my salivary flow in both major and minor salivary glands. It's helping with my breath, but I tried a lower dose at first (5 mg three times a day), and am going to try larger dose because I can imagine that if my saliva was flowing more abundantly then it would be cleaning my mouth and throat better. Another thing I'm gonna have checked out is the immunoglobulin composition and levels and bacteria in my saliva, since those can change with arthritis and Crohn's Disease and may not be able to fight bad bacteria as well. Jesus showed me a powerful passage in Ezekiel to keep my hope alive, that He would heal me if I serve Him, and restore me to my former state (including the fresh breath I had as a child) (Ezekiel 36:6-14, verse 11 talking about restoring even more blessings than we had in the beginning). But there is a lot in Scripture about God taking away the shame and embarrassment of those who love His Son...not always immediately (as Job found out), but in God's perfect time. Don't quit talking to Christ about breath, because He can show us the way out.

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:00 am
by mike987
I don't know what God is waiting for.. You know,he might be perfectly content just having you endure this all your life, and then reward you in heaven...

You might have to deal with this problem on your own.


Anyway, let's talk medicine.
Did your saliva action increase?