Your Email Address:

First Name:

People that have met someone w bb in meetups or forums

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bbsux
Advanced

People that have met someone w bb in meetups or forums

Post by bbsux »

Hi

For those of you that actually met people from this forum in real life were you able to smell each other?

Like i have said in my previous post me and someone from this forum have met and talked plenty of time but we cant smell eachother. Just wondering if it is because we might have same type of bb or maybe we dont have it.

Did you ever meet somoene that claimed to have bb but you couldnt smell him/her?

Cauterize
Junior

Re: People that have met someone w bb in meetups or forums

Post by Cauterize »

bbsux wrote:Hi

For those of you that actually met people from this forum in real life were you able to smell each other?

Like i have said in my previous post me and someone from this forum have met and talked plenty of time but we cant smell eachother. Just wondering if it is because we might have same type of bb or maybe we dont have it.

Did you ever meet somoene that claimed to have bb but you couldnt smell him/her?
I've heard some cases here in the forum.It seems that a big percentage of people suffer from delusional halitosis.
lost1234
Junior

Post by lost1234 »

Wow I just signed in to ask the same exact question right now. Thats crazy. Well I met up with 2 people so far from this forum and both and we didnt smell anything on each other. Now I am able to smell people's chronic bad breath all the time if I run into them. I always believed that the smell I smelled from them, smelled like my breath(so I believe). But yes I am still not fully convinced I have imaginary bb. But who knows anymore. Maybe all the doctors and dentist I have asked were telling the truth that they couldn't smell anything. This halitosis thing is the most confusing f*cking thing we can ever deal with. But yeah.. I wonder if anybody who ever met up were able to smell anything
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

lost1234 wrote:Wow I just signed in to ask the same exact question right now. Thats crazy. Well I met up with 2 people so far from this forum and both and we didnt smell anything on each other. Now I am able to smell people's chronic bad breath all the time if I run into them. I always believed that the smell I smelled from them, smelled like my breath(so I believe). But yes I am still not fully convinced I have imaginary bb. But who knows anymore. Maybe all the doctors and dentist I have asked were telling the truth that they couldn't smell anything. This halitosis thing is the most confusing f*cking thing we can ever deal with. But yeah.. I wonder if anybody who ever met up were able to smell anything

Yah we pretty much feel the same way. Me and the person that i met have hangout 20+ times and not once was i able to smell his breath. Its crazy because he has full blown breathed on my face and it was like perfect smelling breath ..Only strange thing is that i have noticed that my nose does itch more often when i am around him (and i have told him that)

I have also smelt bad breath on other random people before so i am sure i can smell bad breath but i am not able to smell him at all. Even when he feels he has horrible taste in back of hist mouth and is sure he has bb i am not able to smell anything.

I know what you are saying ,...its ****ing confusing. I would love to believe that is in our heads but some reactions me and him get are pretty obvious. Only conclusion i have is that me and him have the same kind of bb that we have gotten accustomed to so that we are not able to smell each others because they are the SAME. I hope that makes sense lol.

Looking forward to seeing some more results from other people.

EDIT: oh and i almost forgot... One time we were hanging out and he smokes cigarrets so he went outside of the car to smoke a cigaratte. When he came back in he had very bad cigaette smelling breath and ofcourse i immedietly told him about it. Strangely he smokes alot but i was only able to smell it that one time.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

I have met people who have bb and I can smell it. None from this group though.
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

I met with someone from the forums today. I think you are his friend bbsux. We could not smell each other at all. We tested by blowing at each other's noses and making a deep "hah" sounds from the throat. We both had perfect breath to each other even after eating meat, sugary carbs, spicy sauce and cheese. We could smell the food smell after eating, but gum took it away within a few seconds for both of us. I don't know what to think. It was amazing and bizzare to be that close to someone except I was still holding back from talking normally after we did out tests little out of a years-long habit.

But yea I don't know what to think. It's scaring to hear that we might be immune.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

Yah lol we just talked on the phone about your guys meetup. I wish i was there but i went fishing with my friend and his dad .

Its great that you guys could not smell anything on each other and hopefully that will improve your confidence/life.
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

Is there a thread on this forum for meeting up? I am interested in trying this out with someone, anyway we can get a thread started on locations and exchanging info?
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

There was a massive thread where people posted their location but me and this person met because i or him (cant remember) made a thread asking if anyone from atlanta wants to meet up.

We are good friends now... hangout 2-3 times a week.
aues
Master

Post by aues »

There was a meetup several years ago of people from the german med1 "Zahnärzte und Mundgeruch" - thread.
Nobody could smell bad breath back then...
(...yeah, they couldn't smell mine because I wasn't there :mrgreen:)

It's really a big problem to find out on your own whether you smell or not: It's in most cases not really possible to do that, you just have some indicators. If you look at the people whose bad breath came from their whitish tongue you will notice that this indicator can be misleading, because sometimes their whitish tongue stayed, when bb disappeared.
lost1234
Junior

Post by lost1234 »

one of my older post I tell how I was able to test my breath out on random people. I think its the only way to get feedback on your breath. I did it with a person I meet up with from this forum.
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Where are you guys
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

Just to mention, people who have sinusitis as the reason of their bb may not have it all the time. I personally can go from absolutely no bb and no reaction from people to a very bb just in a couple of hours. when the mucus builds up in my nose and throat my bb becomes horrible but after I wash it out at home the odor is almost gone and it takes sometime before my b gets bad again.
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

bbsux wrote:There was a massive thread where people posted their location but me and this person met because i or him (cant remember) made a thread asking if anyone from atlanta wants to meet up.

We are good friends now... hangout 2-3 times a week.
My point exactly why meetups are important. The irony is none of the people in this threat have their location posted in their profile.
Please people post your location in your profile.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

Looking for some more input on this.

Me and my friend have been hanging out over 100 times already and never detect each other.

My friend says he has met 4 people that claimed to have bb on forum and none of them could detect each other.

I only see two possible reasons for this.

First one is that we are ****ing crazy and are imagining all these "reactions" and are actually suffering from mental disorder.

Second one is that my friend and the 4 other people he met from forums (one being me) had the same kind of bb therefore they were immune to the smell of that BB. This is highly unlikely though ... the chances of him meeting 4 people from bb forum that have same kind of bb is pretty low in my opinion.

There has got to be someone that were able to detect each other. I see on this forum all these meetups and i would like to know the results of them.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic