Page 1 of 1

My Mouth Pics..Plz hav a look

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:31 pm
by focused
Hi All,

I have taken some pics. I actually wanted to take the pic of my tonsil however the flashlight was getting reflected inside my mouth and it difficult to identify it..Anyways I managed to get clear pic of my mouth. Plz advice me your views on it.


Image

In the above pic my tonsil stones are not visible. Are they only visible after sticking tongue out?

Image




Image

Re: My Mouth Pics..Plz hav a look

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:35 pm
by Cauterize
focused wrote:Hi All,

I have taken some pics. I actually wanted to take the pic of my tonsil however the flashlight was getting reflected inside my mouth and it difficult to identify it..Anyways I managed to get clear pic of my mouth. Plz advice me your views on it.


Image

In the above pic my tonsil stones are not visible. Are they only visible after sticking tongue out?

Image


Seems that you need to clean your teeth to a dentist.




Image

Re: My Mouth Pics..Plz hav a look

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:43 pm
by dolittle
focused wrote:Hi All,

I have taken some pics. I actually wanted to take the pic of my tonsil however the flashlight was getting reflected inside my mouth and it difficult to identify it..Anyways I managed to get clear pic of my mouth. Plz advice me your views on it.
Hi

thanks for going to this effort, but pictures are no substitue for a meticulous history, examination and investigations. I fully appreciate how hard it is to get a good pic of tonsils...tried myself and eventually manged after a long time.

Would you like to describe your symptoms?

80-90% of halitosis has a cause that is intraoral. The most common cause is bacteria (invisible in a picture) on the back of the tongue, the second most comon cause is bacteria below the gumline. Please have a read of my thread, where i describe how to self test and treat for these 2 problems: viewtopic.php?t=4266&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Take care

--------------------------------------------
I will tell you what i can see in these pics, as if they were in a textbook...


Pic 1

slight jaundiced appearance of mucosae, however, when comparing tone of dentition and skin, this can be seen to be artefact, created by flash of camera.

Marked linea alba bilaterally, suggesting possible morsicatio buccarum, however no wear facets visible on teeth...apart from possibly occlusally on upper second molars.

Upper right second premolar is absent, and first premolar has rotated and drifted distally into this gap.

Gingivae appear uninflamed and healthy. Teeth appear not to have any calculus deposits or obvious decay (visible in the photo anyway)

i.e. no evidence of pathology of any kind in the picture, but you chew the skin on the inside of your cheeks (habit/stress?)

Picture no substitute for thorough oral examination.


Pic 2


uvula and superior aspect of fauceal arches visible, however palatine tonsils are hidden by tongue.

Again, laterally on the tongue we see thinkened band of keratotic oromucosa, complimenting the linea alba seen on buccal aspects in Pic 1.

Foliate papillae just visible on the posterior lateral tongue and appear normal

i.e. no evidence of any pathology of any kind in the picture, but again thinkened "skin" on the side of tongue from biting sides of tongue

Suggest similar pic to Pic 1 to view tonsils, but make muscular contractions similar to when gag reflex is triggered, only hold this position and try and keep tongue contracted and depressed to below the level of the lower teeth while taking photo. Saying "ahh" actually will cause oropharyngeal isthmus to widen, this manouver is designed to image the posterior wall of the oropharynx rather than the palatine tonsils, which are infact more hidden when saying "ahh"

Picture will nevertheless not allow whole tonsils to be visualised, this requires a scope and consult with an ENT surgeon.


Pic 3

Dorsal surface of anterior tongue. Mild coating, consistent with normal appearance. Again, slight yellowish tint, artefactual (T shirt is actually white, but appears yellow in pic?). Certainly no evidence for lingua villosa, hairy tongue or depapilation. Suspect patient already has daily tongue scraping routine.

i.e. very healthy looking tongue.

Re: My Mouth Pics..Plz hav a look

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:40 am
by focused
Pic 1

slight jaundiced appearance of mucosae, however, when comparing tone of dentition and skin, this can be seen to be artefact, created by flash of camera.
Thanks for replying Dolittle. About slight jaundiced appearance of mucosae, I never had jaundice. However my bilirubin levels are always high. I have been to many specialists to it but as my other liver tests are normal, they consider this High Bilrubin also as normal :( My bilirubin levels are twice the max values.
I think the cause must be bile reflux as in the morning when sometimes i clean my tongue with finger, i vomit a yellowish liquid which must be bile. It fills up my moth with hell of metallic taste. :x [/quote]

Re: My Mouth Pics..Plz hav a look

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:44 am
by focused
Seems that you need to clean your teeth to a dentist.
Well i had been to dentist recently and told him about my condition. He examined and said that i had very good hygiene. The only thing he suggested that to fill one cavity. I asked him about condition of my teeth and tongue ..and he was like It is pretty normal . Just brush twice...as if i don't ](*,)

Re: My Mouth Pics..Plz hav a look

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 pm
by Cauterize
focused wrote:
Seems that you need to clean your teeth to a dentist.
Well i had been to dentist recently and told him about my condition. He examined and said that i had very good hygiene. The only thing he suggested that to fill one cavity. I asked him about condition of my teeth and tongue ..and he was like It is pretty normal . Just brush twice...as if i don't ](*,)
Change dentist :) They definately need a clean up