Page 1 of 1

After about 4 years off this site I am back. Here's why...

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:59 am
by Eric
Firstly I want to apologize for abandoning this forum without giving any kind of notice. There were many times that I would come home after a rough day of BB reactions and find solace here.

Secondly, I want to state as clearly as possible my reason for leaving. I felt like I was obsessing over my BB to a ridiculous extent by constantly checking this forum (while at work, etc.) I realized that if I didn't think about my BB constantly and didn't come home and pore over every new detail it was much easier to just ignore my problem and forget about it.

The reason I am back is because, as everyone on here seems to understand, this horrible and officially unrecognized condition continues to persist. I know I still have BB. All it takes is common sense and seeing a few very recognizable and distinct BB reactions. It's funny though, over the years I have become jaded and I almost don't care about reactions any more. Sometimes when I do notice what I consider to be a ridiculous 'over-reaction' I purposefully try to exhale a little more BB around the person. Some kind of stupid wanna-be revenge I guess.

Either way I feel like I should also share that I was recently diagnosed with peridontal disease. I really don't think this was/is the original cause of my BB, but who knows. I was reading briefly about the ileocal valve staying open theory and that seems to make a lot more sense for my "poo-smelling" breath.

From now on I will try to visit this site once a week or so to check up and hear everyone's stories and hopefully someday cures. We are all in this together, I wish we could all just go live on a commune somewhere and tell the rest of the world to f off :D

Re: After about 4 years off this site I am back. Here's why.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:21 am
by mtr
Eric wrote:We are all in this together, I wish we could all just go live on a commune somewhere and tell the rest of the world to f off :D

Yay!!! \:D/

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:37 pm
by Phantasist
Welcome back to the forum.

I think a lot of knowledge has accumulated about the many different causes of breath odor in the last four years.

For instance, if you have a white coating on your tongue and some digestive disorders, you might look into the possibility of Candida Albicans, a type of yeast which could have established itself in your intestines. Candida is suspected in another thread describing the effect of Lufenuron.

Posted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:11 pm
by NOTANYMORE
At least you have found the obviouse cause....periodontal disease. I've read up (as I'm sure most of us have) on many different symptoms and possible cures for BB and have seen more than a few people cured by getting periodontal disease treated. The only thing is that it will be a constant battle to maintain a healthy mouth.

Someone posted about having smelly sneezes and guess what? I searched and read and this husband and wife were both cured from getting root scaling and planing with antibiotics in the gum pockets.

When I first stared posting here, i had found my cure and advised others to ignore their teeth and gums. This was terrible advice and given based on my experiences at work (hospital) and seeing countless people with red gums, long teeth, etc who didn't seem to have BB. What I have since discovered is that these people somehow have enough good bacteria to sort of cancel out any smells. We don't.

Please post your experiences with periodontal treatment and how it affects your halitosis.

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:11 pm
by MrDoubleB
Hey, welcome back, did anything change in the meantime?

Re: After about 4 years off this site I am back. Here's why.

Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:36 pm
by deebas
mtr wrote:
Eric wrote:We are all in this together, I wish we could all just go live on a commune somewhere and tell the rest of the world to f off :D

Yay!!! \:D/
i dream about that everyday

i always try to live in denial where i dont have a problem. I look forward to being at home after work where i can relax and try and de-stress if that's possible

Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 pm
by Eric
In the meantime I have tried to eat less junk food/fast food, etc. and it seems to make a noticeable difference. I used to have the bad habit of eating donuts, french bread, and croissants in the mornings before work. Over a long amount of time I figured out that eating these foods seemed to make me produce super-potent BB. Anytime someone would talk to me I could smell my own horrible BB after eating these foods. How somebody's breath can make you smell your own is a whole other topic. But yeah my recommendation would be to try to limit intake of processed foods, preservatives, and carbohydrates.