I've just started the candida diet again two weeks ago. I don't take any antifungals, because last time it made my bb so bad, I wanted to die.
I find that whenever I reduce carbohydrates (including sugar), my bb becomes much, much worse. I know that constipation becomes more of an issue with lower carbs, so I make a point of not eating heavy foods that are difficult to digest like a lot of meat. I often eat lots of veg with some chicken strips, or vegetable soup. I also make sure to get enough fibre and am not constipated. Still, horrible taste in my mouth and I also get stronger reactions.
Does anybody else experience this?
THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
Candida diet/lower carbs makes bb horrible
-
seanlee1980
- Advanced
- Posts: 122
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:30 am
Yes, low carb diet causes bad breath even for people who did not have halitosis. Google it. When you have no carbs, your body burns fats and protiens that releases chemicals that smell.
I'm wondering if this is even the case for many of us who are not on a low carb diet. Maybe we have a metabolic disorder that is burning other fats and proteins as well as the carbs. Thus, causing bad breath no matter what we eat. Hormone imbalance may cause this metabolism to go hay-wire.
I recommend not doing a low carb diet. I have more of a balanced diet without red meat. Eat chicken and turkey for meat. Lots of greens. Potatoes and brown rice for carbs. Just avoid sugar, flour, wheat.
I'm wondering if this is even the case for many of us who are not on a low carb diet. Maybe we have a metabolic disorder that is burning other fats and proteins as well as the carbs. Thus, causing bad breath no matter what we eat. Hormone imbalance may cause this metabolism to go hay-wire.
I recommend not doing a low carb diet. I have more of a balanced diet without red meat. Eat chicken and turkey for meat. Lots of greens. Potatoes and brown rice for carbs. Just avoid sugar, flour, wheat.
Please take the time to go here and watch the video.....
http://www.sfbackpaindoctor.com/2010/12 ... eight.html
http://www.sfbackpaindoctor.com/2010/12 ... eight.html
Seanlee, thanks for your suggestion. I did add some rice and potatoes, because I can't function with this horrible breath. It's a little better, but I do feel disappointed that I can't follow the diet 100%.
Sadgirl, I would love to hear what he says, but can't open the video. Could you maybe summarize? Thanks
Sadgirl, I would love to hear what he says, but can't open the video. Could you maybe summarize? Thanks
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.