THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY
A little more connection.
A little more connection.
A little less alone.
Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.
THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU
Donate to the forum ♡
Keep the conversation going.
Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.
new job and terrified!
-
depressgirl
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:52 am
new job and terrified!
hello im 31 years old and have had bb for 15 years. I went to an interview last thursday and to my surprise the interviewer did not do any body language to indicate she could smell my breath. So I was very happy and became even happier when I got a call today from her saying that i got the job! So now my problem is that i am really stressed out about monday my first day of work like how will the co workers act, will they be nice or make fun of me infront me or go to the bosses and complain about my bb. This will be my first job In over a year.I still dont know why the interviewer couldnt smell me cuz I know 100% that i have bb and nasal odor. I am soo scared that so many bad things could happen like the boss firing me fo smelling so bad! By the way anyone from Phoenix, AZ?
First of all ... try to relax!!! Being terrified about bb reactions won't lead you anywhere else than reaching high anxiety levels..
Secondly, be confident and prove to your colleagues and boss that there are other things on you, more important that they should evaluate you for! I guess you got the job because you worth it.. Prove it and let the others, especially your boss, to feel that having you around was the best decision ever..
Everyday is a new day.. But today it will be the same s***t as yesterday if you don't manage to put yourself together and be proud for you.. If you don't appreciate yourself nobody would do that for you I can assure you! With bb or not, keep your head up and go over there with confidence and a smile on your face!
Instead of thinking that you might work with such impolite colleagues, why don't you start thinking that there are really nice people out there, and on Monday you will have the chance to meet them! And maybe you've already met one, your boss!
You can do it girl!!!
Secondly, be confident and prove to your colleagues and boss that there are other things on you, more important that they should evaluate you for! I guess you got the job because you worth it.. Prove it and let the others, especially your boss, to feel that having you around was the best decision ever..
Everyday is a new day.. But today it will be the same s***t as yesterday if you don't manage to put yourself together and be proud for you.. If you don't appreciate yourself nobody would do that for you I can assure you! With bb or not, keep your head up and go over there with confidence and a smile on your face!
Instead of thinking that you might work with such impolite colleagues, why don't you start thinking that there are really nice people out there, and on Monday you will have the chance to meet them! And maybe you've already met one, your boss!
You can do it girl!!!
Try not to worry, depressgirl! I doubt you'll get fired. They've already hired you, which is like an investment for them. If you have to go through training, that's even more of an investment. Essentially, you've already cost them money, so they aren't going to turn around and tell you to go home because they don't like your smell.
As mtr pointed out, you got the job because you're worth it. They've already decided you're the best person for the job. As far as your co-workers, all you can do is be as friendly and helpful to them as possible. If they're small-minded people who like to gossip, they don't deserve a second of your thoughts.
Good luck, and congratulations!
As mtr pointed out, you got the job because you're worth it. They've already decided you're the best person for the job. As far as your co-workers, all you can do is be as friendly and helpful to them as possible. If they're small-minded people who like to gossip, they don't deserve a second of your thoughts.
Good luck, and congratulations!
- Archimonde
- Super Angel
- Posts: 878
- Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm
maybe your boss don't think you have chronic bb. if you're gonna work in an office. i have a suggestion for you maybe you can put one of those mask that they put in the hospital and tell everyone or tell your boss to explain to everyone that you have a severe allergy to dust. i'm sure soon everyone will know about your problem. i know it's degrading to do it but think about it. i've seen a few people wear those mask in public. if i can move to another city where no one knows me, this is what i'm gonna do. i can't do it now because everybody knows i'm the bb guy. if i do this i'll be insulted openly.
-
depressgirl
- Total Newbie
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:52 am
Thanks for all the great advice! So yesterday was my first day of work and I did what you guys said which was to relax and concentrate on the orientation and not to worry so much. Everything was good except for a few times some of the girls were giggling and whispering together. But they were really nice to my face so I was at least happy about them trying not to hurt my feelings. Today before I went to work my boss called me and said I tested for tuburcolosis on the x ray and that I couldnt go back to work until I got a second opinion and a clearane. So I saw a doctor it turns out that I am not positive and so I am able to go back to work tomorrow. The doctor said I have something in my lungs that is "sleeping" and not active but if it wakes up then it will be tuburcolosis. They are going to give me antibiotics for it this friday. I have read that one of the possible cause of bb is lung infection so do any of you think that after the treatment with antibiotics kills this thing in my lung that i could possibly be cured??? God I really hope so!
-
halitosisux
- Moderator
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:29 pm
Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES
Advertise here ↗
Your banner. Right here.
Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.