Page 1 of 1

Depressed Because of BB

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:20 pm
by Justgotit
Hi I am a female and in my earlier 30's. I have BB for about 4 years.
I had experienced a very stressful job and maybe that is the cause of my
BB. last year I got rid of my lower right wisetooth. And now I found that the
tooth beside that removed wisedom tooth smells really bad. That teeth is a little bit black. When I brush it with my toothbrush without toothpaste, the
toothbrush turns very smelly. I feel better after I brush that tooth. But 10 munites later if I brush it again the smell comes back very strong again!
and I found it I floss the very inside it smells the same.That did not happen for my other teeth though.

I do not know if that is the reason I had BB. I checked HP and it is negative. My yearly physical shows I am healthy. I brush my teeth twice a day, floss, brush tounge. But the BB still exists.

I can not sleep good after I got BB. It really lowered my self steem and I used to smile and talk a lot but not now. even worse I have a 3 year old daughter and I sometimes smell the same from her mouth. I hope this will not pass to her.

I want to get that lower inside tooth of to eliminate the BB. But my dentist did not recommend that. I will see her tomorrow to see what she can do with it. I hope some one can help here . Any suggestion is appreciated.

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 pm
by halitosisux
What does your dentist recommend then?

Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:41 pm
by Justgotit
She said the BB is from the becteria hiding between gums. She thought the BB would go away after I cleaned my teeth. But that is not the case. I clean my teeth twice a year.

Oh I forget to mention that I have three dental pockets(DB). One is on that smelly tooth. I guess I will fill the wholes first to see if it will get better.

The other two teeth with DB do not smell. I really feel this BB is killing me. I know I should be positive. Thanks for your question.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:37 am
by Archimonde
Get a 2nd opinion.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:32 am
by halitosisux
Change your dentist ASAP until you find one you can trust and focus on fixing these problems. It is highly likely from your descriptions that your BB is relating to the state your teeth. Please keep us all informed.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:35 pm
by my3rdmolars
I agree with Archimonde. Get a 2nd opinion

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:52 pm
by Cauterize
You answered to your question i think it's the smelly tooth.Do you got any other problems?

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:11 pm
by Justgotit
Hi I am back from the Dentist. I think they are helpless. The first one filled my three pockets. When I told her that I have problem with my lower right end tooth, she said she found nothing. No infection etc. Then I asked why it is so smelly every ten munites I brush it. She said she did not know. Fortunately she referred another dentist to give me a 2nd opinion. Then I went to see the 2nd Dentist. She said I have a pocket, it is due to the removed wisedom tooth. She recommanded waterpik to me. I do not know if this will help and I ordered one and it is on the way. She said I need to clean the pocket so it will heal and the smell will go away. I hope she is right but I doubt it. I asked her to give me Metronidazole but she refused. She said that is too strong.

I also feel I may have Post Nasal Drip since I always feel something going down from my nose and I constantly clear my throat. When I brush my tounge it is smelly too but not as bad as the smelly tooth.

After filled the three dental pockets my BB still there and the lower right end tooth is still smelly. No idea what to do next.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:11 pm
by Cauterize
Justgotit wrote:Hi I am back from the Dentist. I think they are helpless. The first one filled my three pockets. When I told her that I have problem with my lower right end tooth, she said she found nothing. No infection etc. Then I asked why it is so smelly every ten munites I brush it. She said she did not know. Fortunately she referred another dentist to give me a 2nd opinion. Then I went to see the 2nd Dentist. She said I have a pocket, it is due to the removed wisedom tooth. She recommanded waterpik to me. I do not know if this will help and I ordered one and it is on the way. She said I need to clean the pocket so it will heal and the smell will go away. I hope she is right but I doubt it. I asked her to give me Metronidazole but she refused. She said that is too strong.

I also feel I may have Post Nasal Drip since I always feel something going down from my nose and I constantly clear my throat. When I brush my tounge it is smelly too but not as bad as the smelly tooth.

After filled the three dental pockets my BB still there and the lower right end tooth is still smelly. No idea what to do next.

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. Thanks.
If you got something like this 24/7.Then you got pnd http://www.google.gr/imgres?q=thick+muc ... 0,s:0,i:61

Posted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:14 pm
by Justgotit
Hi, I am back. I use the waterpic flosser for a few days now. But it does not help at all. The place between the lower inside tooth and gum still smells. The same as before. 10 munites after I brush it, it smells again.

This is really something terrible. I wish I can get rid of that part in my mouth!

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 8:07 pm
by Justgotit
Hi,halitosisux, I read that you r BB free after you had your wisedom teeth removed. I actually removed my wisedom teeth but my BB is still there. While my right lower inside tooth beside that wisedom tooth turns a little black. The place between this right lower inside tooth and the removed wisedom tooth gum is really smelly. I do not know if it wil hlep if I get ride of that lower inside tooth.

I found that in these situations: if I did not sleep well during night,after I exercise, after I brush my teeth, my breath become worse.

Can anybody give any suggestion?

Posted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:48 pm
by halitosisux
Hi. I'm not sure what you mean by dentist filling in your pocket, unless you mean your dentist filled a cavity?

It's quite common for impacting and impacted teeth to become decayed. If the tooth that you notice this bad smell coming from is the one which has blackened then you really need to speak to your dentist and get their opinion on whether it could be causing your bad breath. Sometimes dentists will try to save a tooth from extration and do fillings which allow the tooth to remain in, even though it's only a matter of time before the tooth is beyond repair. They probably do this for finacial benefit because it means lots of ongoing repairs.

It may be the sole cause of your BB or it may only be contributing to another reason for your bad breath. You have to weigh this up and decide.

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:33 am
by Justgotit
Yes my dentist filled the cavity on my lower inside right tooth. I have three cavities and I have all of them filled. The thing is I really do not know how to determine what is the cause of my BB. I only know that the place between my lower inside tooth and the removed wisedom tooth gum smell the worst in my mouth.


It is like this: AA--. The 2nd A means the lower right inside tooth.
--means the place of the removed wisedom tooth gum. The place between the two As (two teeth)does not smell. But the place between A and --smells very bad. Even I brush it every 10 munites. Anybody has the same experience here? Thanks!