THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Living with bad breath

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
LJ
Junior
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:59 pm

Living with bad breath

Post by LJ »

Hi:
We all know that bad breath is like cancer to those of us with the affliction. It seems to be killing us socially and emotionally. But like any other disorder, we have to learn to live with it until the time comes that it can be diagnosed and treated.
I've been posting for a year now on the Breathhelp4u site on yahoo. One thing I did notice in this year that there are people who think they have bad breath but really don't. They may have slight odor or they have imagined that others are reacting to them. I just want to say to anyone who thinks they have bb, that they have to check it out with other people or even doctors and dentists.
If you have checked it out and you know for certain, then it's time to accept this limitation. I personally have had this problem for almost 30 years and I did not want to believe it was true. I've ignored it, pretended not to have it, prayed for it to go away, and now I find that to really have a life I have to accept it as part of who I am. Heck it's been with me longer than anything else.
Talking about it and all the problems surrounding it has helped me emotionally, but meeting others with the same problem, and realizing how really cool they are, has made me look at this totally differently.
I'm hoping to have a meet up of sufferers in Vegas this year in May. We have chatted on the computer, talked on the phone, but now we are taking one more step and meeting each other in person.
Well, we won't have to be inhibited by this, because we all have the same problem. There will be no turning our heads when we talk, or mumbling, or holding our breath, we will be free to be socially happy.
Because I say that I am learning to live with it, does not mean I am not seeking an answer to the problem. For more than 25 years now I have experimented with just about everything that has come along.
I have tried vegetarian diets, allergy diets, all the mouthwashes and toothpastes, toothpowders, active oxygen, vitamins, GSE, goldenseal, myrrh, cinnamon, lemon juice, colon cleansing, digestive enzymes, waterpiks, sonicare, various types of tongue brushes, deep dental cleaning, whitening, peroxide and baking soday, nasal irrigation, antibiotics, and much much more. However, nothing seemed to work or even reduce the odor.
I've talked to so-called experts such as Mel Rosenberg, Anne Bosy, Dr. Katz, Dailley, Monell and a few others. None of these people could provide answers that fit the situation.
But there is new technology all the time and I keep my eyes looking out for things that might help. I saw an article yesterday that they are now able to de-smell dung. I think if they can take the poop out of poop, then they are close to finding something to get rid of bad breath.
It's just a matter of time and I hope that I live to see it. But the thing I want to say is that I'm going to live no matter what so I should make the most of it, even if it's a bad situation. And I will continue to befriend my fellow sufferers so that we are not alone in this.
And this site, that jimi put together is great and I will continue to contribute to this site as much as I can. I hope others will follow and post and talk about the problem.
I don't know if this site offers chats, but that should be next.
Anyway, to all of you who suffer from bb, I say welcome to the group. LJ
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Post by Jimi Stein »

Welcome LJ to our site

We would be very happy that many people would write their story so the public would get alarmed and more funds would be used for research. Maybe there is a cure out there already but we do not know about it.

I invite you all to build a community here on this site. We will not write lies like some products work if we know that they don't.

Also this forum is free and you do not have to be afraid to be banned like on healthboards.

I am so angry with healthboards because it closed our bad breath forum. So maybe this is a plus that this site was build.

WELCOME ALL
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
Posts: 2212
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 8:00 am
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Living with bad breath

Post by Jimi Stein »

LJ wrote: I don't know if this site offers chats, but that should be next.
Anyway, to all of you who suffer from bb, I say welcome to the group. LJ
LJ i fixed the chat thing. I hope we will get enough visitors soon to chat.

Jimi
User avatar
jess
Sheriff
Posts: 480
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2006 3:23 pm
Location: USA
Gender:

Re: Living with bad breath

Post by jess »

Jimi wrote:
LJ wrote: I don't know if this site offers chats, but that should be next.
Anyway, to all of you who suffer from bb, I say welcome to the group. LJ
LJ i fixed the chat thing. I hope we will get enough visitors soon to chat.

Jimi
I'm pulling up this old thread because I really don't want to start another threat ;) . As you all can see this is from 2006, and soon after that (I think) there was a chat feature on this site and it was good. I like the fact that Jimi said he hoped we would get enough visitors to chat lol. There are over 2300 members right now; can we please have the chat again Jimi? I don't know if it's because of money or something else that we don't have it but it sure would be great to be able to talk "live" to other people here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗