My story... (Finally)
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:17 pm
Hello all,
Found these forums after googling yet again after being in an embarrassing social situation couple of days ago. I am a 22yo male.
The thing is I haven't even gone to an ENT or a doctor with this issue. I've done alot of reading on the internet. But because I still live at home with my parents alot of things are hard to test out cause I'm afraid to tell anyone of my problem.
I am 100% sure I have a BB. I'm just not sure if I have it every day. Sometimes I hardly get any remarks and I feel like it's gone, but other days I'm absolutely positive my breath smells.
I've caught people talking behind my back about it. I regularly have friends tell me about it in my face. Or some people I hardly know make really rude comments in my face.
Just the other day I was sitting between some girls having some small talk, flirting a bit when suddenly I could tell they were making gestures to each other of how my breath smells. Pinching their noses and stuff. Your confidence drops immidiately and I felt like dieing....
I remember that I didn't always have BB. When I was a kid I didn't have it for sure. I think it started in puberty. When I was around the age of 14-15 when I first started getting remarks occasionally.
I remember my brother telling me: "Dude, you smell like ****" after I had been brushing my teeth and tongue for literally 30-45mins before going out. And the minute I came out of the bathroom and he walked past me he told me that...
The frustration is unreal. I have alot of friends who barely brush their teeth and call me "Stinky". They have no idea I am brushing my teeth and tongue like 5 times a day.
Enough with the rant. I have BB.
I always seem to have to clear my throat and have alot of muccus. My nose is stuffed alot. When I clear my throat I sometimes taste or smell the stench myself. So I'm sure it's coming from the back of my throat somehow. Just a couple of hours ago I managed to pick a tonsil stone from my tonsils. And when I smelled it, it's no surprise I have BB. The stench is awful...
But then I heard of people who removed their tonsils (which is supposedly a big deal when you're an adult) and still had BB. So then I lose hope again.
I also read about Candida and how you have to follow a complete diet for weeks, even months, to maybe get rid of it. It could be Candida, cause my two big toenails have fungus which is apparantly a symptom of Candida.
I thought about following such a diet but it just seems like an impossible thing to do. Like eating no more diary products seems impossible. Everything I eat daily has some sort of milk in it. I wake up, I eat cereal with milk, in the evening I eat bread with nutella. I still live at home, I can't ask my mom to cook differently for me... I'm too ashamed to talk about it.
I could keep typing about my life and how BB has made me miserable.
I've never had a serious relationship for example. Girls tell me I'm attractive, I am in good physical shape. I get quite alot of attention from the other gender, but when things start getting serious, and girls try to get close to me, which happens regularly, I chicken out, cause I'm afraid of making out and having them smell my breath...
It's just such a burden...
I noticed my dad also has BB, so to begin with I think it's genetic. The shape of my tongue makes it so I am vulnerable to bad breath.
The runny nose and muccus, probably means I have post nasal drip as well. I think I'm probably allergic to something but I'm too ashamed to go to the doctor with my problem. And I've read alot of stories where the doctor just ignores the problem and tells people it's all in their head.
I constantly chew gum, scrape my tongue with a spoon (even too embarrassed to get a real scraper), drink lots of water, try to avoid sugar and stuff like that but to no avail.
I read about this compound in toothpaste that makes it foam but also dries your mouth so I stopped using such toothpastes and switched to Parodontax, but apparantly it has alcohol in it which is bad as well...
I am currently thinking of getting my tonsils removed, if that's even possible for just thinking it might have something to do with bad breath.
I am getting my last two wisdom teeth removed in a couple of months and I hope that might help a bit, although I doubt it.
So summarized I think it's a combination of factors but I'm not sure which ones to treat first...
All I can say is reading these forums and other stories made me a tiny bit less miserable about myself...
Thanks for reading.
Found these forums after googling yet again after being in an embarrassing social situation couple of days ago. I am a 22yo male.
The thing is I haven't even gone to an ENT or a doctor with this issue. I've done alot of reading on the internet. But because I still live at home with my parents alot of things are hard to test out cause I'm afraid to tell anyone of my problem.
I am 100% sure I have a BB. I'm just not sure if I have it every day. Sometimes I hardly get any remarks and I feel like it's gone, but other days I'm absolutely positive my breath smells.
I've caught people talking behind my back about it. I regularly have friends tell me about it in my face. Or some people I hardly know make really rude comments in my face.
Just the other day I was sitting between some girls having some small talk, flirting a bit when suddenly I could tell they were making gestures to each other of how my breath smells. Pinching their noses and stuff. Your confidence drops immidiately and I felt like dieing....
I remember that I didn't always have BB. When I was a kid I didn't have it for sure. I think it started in puberty. When I was around the age of 14-15 when I first started getting remarks occasionally.
I remember my brother telling me: "Dude, you smell like ****" after I had been brushing my teeth and tongue for literally 30-45mins before going out. And the minute I came out of the bathroom and he walked past me he told me that...
The frustration is unreal. I have alot of friends who barely brush their teeth and call me "Stinky". They have no idea I am brushing my teeth and tongue like 5 times a day.
Enough with the rant. I have BB.
I always seem to have to clear my throat and have alot of muccus. My nose is stuffed alot. When I clear my throat I sometimes taste or smell the stench myself. So I'm sure it's coming from the back of my throat somehow. Just a couple of hours ago I managed to pick a tonsil stone from my tonsils. And when I smelled it, it's no surprise I have BB. The stench is awful...
But then I heard of people who removed their tonsils (which is supposedly a big deal when you're an adult) and still had BB. So then I lose hope again.
I also read about Candida and how you have to follow a complete diet for weeks, even months, to maybe get rid of it. It could be Candida, cause my two big toenails have fungus which is apparantly a symptom of Candida.
I thought about following such a diet but it just seems like an impossible thing to do. Like eating no more diary products seems impossible. Everything I eat daily has some sort of milk in it. I wake up, I eat cereal with milk, in the evening I eat bread with nutella. I still live at home, I can't ask my mom to cook differently for me... I'm too ashamed to talk about it.
I could keep typing about my life and how BB has made me miserable.
I've never had a serious relationship for example. Girls tell me I'm attractive, I am in good physical shape. I get quite alot of attention from the other gender, but when things start getting serious, and girls try to get close to me, which happens regularly, I chicken out, cause I'm afraid of making out and having them smell my breath...
It's just such a burden...
I noticed my dad also has BB, so to begin with I think it's genetic. The shape of my tongue makes it so I am vulnerable to bad breath.
The runny nose and muccus, probably means I have post nasal drip as well. I think I'm probably allergic to something but I'm too ashamed to go to the doctor with my problem. And I've read alot of stories where the doctor just ignores the problem and tells people it's all in their head.
I constantly chew gum, scrape my tongue with a spoon (even too embarrassed to get a real scraper), drink lots of water, try to avoid sugar and stuff like that but to no avail.
I read about this compound in toothpaste that makes it foam but also dries your mouth so I stopped using such toothpastes and switched to Parodontax, but apparantly it has alcohol in it which is bad as well...
I am currently thinking of getting my tonsils removed, if that's even possible for just thinking it might have something to do with bad breath.
I am getting my last two wisdom teeth removed in a couple of months and I hope that might help a bit, although I doubt it.
So summarized I think it's a combination of factors but I'm not sure which ones to treat first...
All I can say is reading these forums and other stories made me a tiny bit less miserable about myself...
Thanks for reading.