THE BAD BREATH COMMUNITY

A little more connection.
A little less alone.

Real experiences. Open conversations. A place to feel understood.

Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.THE BAD BREATH EBOOK Discover the ebook ↗
POWERED BY PEOPLE LIKE YOU

Keep the conversation going.

Your donation helps cover hosting and keep this community available.

Donate to the forum ♡

Low white blood cell or T cell count

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
seanlee1980
Advanced
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:30 am

Low white blood cell or T cell count

Post by seanlee1980 »

I had my physical recently and all was normal except I had low white blood or T cell count. I researched briefly and this deficiency can make you more succeptable to fungal infections. I remember someone posting about if he has aids because of bb symptoms. It sounded ridiculous to think that but if you think about it, people with hiv or aids have a low white blood cell count. Of course we dont have aids but I am wondering if medicine that HIV patients take would help us. I stumbled across news on msn of FDA approving an HIV prevention pill that inspired me to post this.
User avatar
Archimonde
Super Angel
Posts: 878
Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm

Post by Archimonde »

You're not the 1st on this forum to have low white blood cells.

Hyperthyroid is one cause, there are others.

Did you have your minerals and vitamins levels checked?
seanlee1980
Advanced
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:30 am

Post by seanlee1980 »

my thyroid levels are supposedly normal. I did a routine blood test for a physical. I dont know if they checked for mineral deficiency. My iga levels are low too but I had this checked few years ago. I really wonder if we can take whatever drug people with HIV take. Im sure it would help.
Phantasist
Sheriff
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Post by Phantasist »

Seanlee1980,

Aids drugs suppress the human immuno-deficiency virus. I don't see how those drugs can help you if you don't even have the virus.

You mentioned that your IgA level is low. Immunoglobulin A is an antibacterial component of saliva. Your saliva might not have enough antibacterial action to control the anaerobic bacteria in the mouth. In that case the anaerobes would proliferate and cause volatile sulphur compounds.

I don't know if doing things to increase your general immunity would increase the level of Immunoglobulin A in saliva. There are also other antibacterial components in saliva besides IgA. It's a very complicated subject.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
Bad Breath ebook. Top solutions from the owner of badbreathhalitosis.com for your bad breath.Discover the Bad Breath ebook Explore the ebook ↗
A LITTLE SUPPORT IN YOUR INBOX

Let’s stay
connected.

Sign up for free bad breath tips by email.

ADVERTISING OPPORTUNITIES

Your banner. Right here.

Introduce your brand to the Bad Breath Halitosis community.

Advertise here ↗